PDA

View Full Version : Zombie performance 72 tr6 project

steffan
02-10-2011, 7:37 PM
I TRADED MY 66 VICTOR AND A PREUNIT MOTOR I HAD FOR THIS COMPLETE RUNNING 72 TR6. I MISS THE VICTOR BUT I REALLY THINK I TRADED UP.

SO FAR I JUST PUT A BATTERY IN IT AND CLEANED THE CARB. IT STARTS AND RUNS GREAT WITH ONE KICK. THE THING LEAKS LIKE CRAZY. I TORE THE TOP END OFF TO RESEAL EVERYTHING AND TO SEE WHAT IVE GOT. THERES BRAND NEW .020 OVER PISTON IN THERE AND A SPANKIN NEW BORE JOB. IT STILL HAS THE OLD CAMS AND IT LOOKS LIKE THEY DID SOME STUFF IN THE BOTTOM END. SINCE THEY DID A SHIT JOB ASSEMBLING IT IM GOING TO TEAR IT ALL DOWN TO MAKE SURE EVERYTHING IS 100%.

I WANTED AN OLDER TRIUMPH SO I PUT THE WORD OUT THAT I WANTED AN OLDER RIDID FRAME. IT WAS 24HR LATER MY FRIEND SHOWS UP WITH A ROLLING RAME FOR ME FOR FREE!

SO FAR IVE BEEN TOO BUSY WITH WORK TO PLAY WITH THE TRUMP. I STILL NEED TO FINISH TEARING THE MOTOR DOWN. I REPAIRED A BROKEN COOLING FIN ON THE CYLINDER AND THATS BEEN IT SO FAR.

THE ROLLER I GOT HAS A JAP BIKE FRONT END ON IT AND IT DOESNT FIT IN THE NECK. IM GOING TO BE LOOKING FOR A COMPLETE FRONT END FOR IT WHE I CAN GET SOME TIME TO START PLAYING WITH IT. ILL START MAKING POST ON HERE WHEN I CAN GET THAT FAR. IM RUSHING JUST TO TYPE THIS, BUT I WANTED TO STAY ACTIVE IN THE CHOP CULT COMMUNITY.

THANKS FOR CHECKING OUT MY STUFF. IM SORRY I DONT HAVE MORE. IF YOUR REALLY BORED CHECK OUT THE STUFF ON MY BLOG AND STORE: :cheersmate:

http://zombieperformance.blogspot.com/

steffan
02-10-2011, 7:39 PM
some pics of the cooling fin i fixed and a pic of an improperly placed o-ring. there was o-rings where there wasnt supposed to be o-rings. no 0-rings where there is supposed to be o-rings. and no seals in the bottom of the push rod tubes. just red silicon.

tattoo2303
02-10-2011, 8:19 PM
Take a closer pic of the caliper on the front end, I think its a honda and the one I've fitted to 2 BSAs and a triumph,

for the BSAs I machined a spacer and installed a roller bearing set br4 if I remember off the top of my head but I can double check that if your going that route,

can't remember what we did on the triumph but I remember thinking we really rigged it, my pops has literally no patience and rather than do something the right way hell make just about anything work, I believe he removed the stem got a big ass bolt from the hardware that matched the ID of the bearing and was the right length

They're great clean front ends and with a little work you can fit it and probably a lot cheaper than finding a whole new frontend, I've heard of retro fitting sportster frontends to them too

Nice work on the fin repaire! You'd never know

KT
02-11-2011, 11:04 PM
not a bad deal man ..I say traded up :D

Spade115
02-15-2011, 3:25 PM
Thats very cool man.

steffan
02-16-2011, 10:18 AM
i have a gasket set and a sparx reg/rec/bat eliminator on order, hopefully i can get some more done once my parts get here. im tired of watching it sit in the shop collecting dust.