PDA

View Full Version : I gotta hand it to the Japanese...

ChoppyGee
09-20-2009, 6:33 PM
This guy had this little scoot on under a trash pile for 20 years. Gave him a 50 expecting it to be a waste (I just really liked the tank) 15 minutes of tinkering and few kicks later this little darl'n was running. got it a chain a throttle cable some grips and now i need a few other things. Boom Bonneville pit bike for right around a hundred bones.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v676/Chaseroo/untitled-19.jpg

philbey
09-20-2009, 8:29 PM
Cool little weapon.

SoulCal1
09-20-2009, 9:24 PM
Nice pick-up! A quick video of you riding it would be sweet!

ChoppyGee
09-20-2009, 9:33 PM
As soon as I perform Electrolysis on the tank and get it back on I'll throw one up for you!

TRUMPNUT
09-20-2009, 10:02 PM
S90 (?) I do believe those have the rotory shifters . They can go from 4 to first just by down shifting

ChoppyGee
09-20-2009, 10:07 PM
not quite, shes a C110(someone told me they're called Super cubs and someone told me thats bullshit). They made them from 60-69 and i've got it narrowed down to a second generation one haha so its a '62 or newer but not third generation and i haven't figured out when they started but this one is only a 3 speed.

justin666
09-20-2009, 10:23 PM
damn dude, that thing is awesome!!

ChoppyGee
09-20-2009, 10:26 PM
I'm kinda in love with the goofy little thing...its gonna lose its tail light/license plate bracket though, its bad ass and going on a build.

junkyard2
09-20-2009, 11:05 PM
nice little toy you got there...

DuaneBallard
09-21-2009, 1:13 AM
Honda's rule. Nice find. - Duane

LUCIFER
09-21-2009, 1:26 AM
That's a bad ass little bike

ChoppyGee
09-21-2009, 1:28 AM
Gonna order some vintage white grips a white rubber set and recover the seat in white tomorrow.

LUCIFER
09-21-2009, 1:50 AM
Gonna order some vintage white grips a white rubber set and recover the seat in white tomorrow.

Damn! You're not wasting any time, that's good. It's gonna be a fun ride

imtheslime
09-21-2009, 3:28 AM
100 bucks well spent.

customrunner
09-21-2009, 11:18 AM
Very cool, love thows tanks..

onigoroshi
09-21-2009, 6:04 PM
That's not a Super Cub but it is a cool little bike.

The Super Cub is the world's best selling motorcycle and is still in production. http://www.honda.co.jp/motor-lineup/supercub50/

ChoppyGee
09-21-2009, 9:52 PM
ah thanks for clearing that up!

ChoppyGee
09-22-2009, 2:57 AM
So with a little deliberation and the realization that I probably won't acquire a Brit bike and have it ready for Bonneville next year. This Honda isn't a pit bike any longer haha its going to BE the Bonneville bike. so i'll run the 50cc ,modified frame, pushrod, gasoline class on this little bugger at BUB next year. time to tear her down and try to make a mighty mouse out of it.

P.S. with a little detective work come to find out the C110 is called a " Super Sport Cub"

bdbecker
09-23-2009, 4:35 PM
So with a little deliberation and the realization that I probably won't acquire a Brit bike and have it ready for Bonneville next year. This Honda isn't a pit bike any longer haha its going to BE the Bonneville bike. so i'll run the 50cc ,modified frame, pushrod, gasoline class on this little bugger at BUB next year. time to tear her down and try to make a mighty mouse out of it...

Now that sounds like a plan! Can't wait to hear how it turns out.

A looooong story short, we pulled a no-name, China-made dirt bike out of a dumpster, cleaned the carb and put new plugs into it, and she was a one kick wonder after sitting in the trash pile for close to 8 months. We then sacrificed it to the Gods of Speed by pinning it at WOT with a full tank of fuel. It actually ran out of fuel before blowing the engine, but it did melt all the plastics and the exhaust got so hot that the weight of the muffler actually caused the exhaust tube to bend. Then, we threw it on a bonfire and drank the rest of our beer. Oh, there were lawnmower races and moped distance jumps invoved as well...

ChoppyGee
09-27-2009, 8:01 PM
shit beck, that sounds like a good time haha.

Andrew
09-27-2009, 8:05 PM
I like it! Anything with two wheels and a motor for 100 bucks is a job well done.

ChoppyGee
09-27-2009, 8:11 PM
so far i've pulled out all the electrical cut alot of fat off the front end, got a K&N to work with the weird intake thats built into the frame, ordered some Clubmans, some speed rated tires and a bunch of new engine components. I'm building my own rearsets right now. tonight when i get home from work i'm going to bob the rear fender and start my cafe style seat pan then tomorrow engine tear down.

ChoppyGee
09-28-2009, 11:03 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v676/Chaseroo/untitled-20.jpg

this is what she looks like right now, slowly tearing shit off mocking shit up and cleaning it along the way. put Clubmans temporary rearsets and a K&N on her today. bobbed to rear and got the wiring ready. Right now i'm making a kill switch with a lanyard and hopefully tear her down and sandblast everything this weekend.

framus
09-29-2009, 12:47 PM
Kit that bitch out, slap a VM20 Mikuni and a pipe on it and wonder why it does 50mph.

ChoppyGee
09-29-2009, 9:29 PM
I was actually looking at VM24s but honestly wasn't aware there was a 20mm. pipes are on the menu I want to glass up a cafe racer seat pan but i've never done fiber glass. Think i have a line on another engine so I'm going to have a spare. Looking to buy a bunch of different front sprockets and a few rear ones to have a quick way of changing the gearing on the fly. I'm having a blast with this little bugger the best part is shit is cheap unlike most bikes. The color i've decided is going to be Tangerine and Cream. should look cool buzz'n around on the salt. Shoot'n for 60+ MPH next year. then after that, I'd love to get to a Ton Up or die try'n haha.

flatblackkustoms
10-04-2009, 7:04 PM
This is sweet! Looks like a good beer runner! Have fun with this baby!

JohnnyTremendous
10-05-2009, 12:46 AM
Hondas do rule and the little ones are fuckin' premium! I've got a 67 CT90. It's essentially the same bike with a different set up. It's bullet-proof.

AirsoftNY
11-12-2009, 3:58 PM
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I picked up one of these C110s over the summer as well, it's a great little bike that you don't see a lot of. I had a TON of rust on mine, took it down to the bare metal and swapped the forks and bars out. It's over 40 years old and still runs like a clock!

Hope you guys dig it:

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b204/airsoftny/c110.jpg

ChoppyGee
11-12-2009, 4:51 PM
Thats rad! they're tough little bikes. which front end di you put on yours?

AirsoftNY
11-12-2009, 5:09 PM
ChoppyGee,

Thanks! I'd love to see yours when you're done chopping. Did you bob the rear fender? I was thinking of that as well.

I only remember that the front end was from a mid 70s Honda xl125or something like that. I only used them because they came off a bud's parts bike for free. I needed to swap the stems for it to fit. I bet there's another front end that would drop in better to the original neck.

-Aaron

ChoppyGee
11-12-2009, 6:09 PM
Yup I did bob it. the stamped metal is pretty easy to work with and your little bike would look sweet with a bobbed rear.

I haven't done too much with mine its kinda on the back burner. I'm gathering engines to try different mods to get the most power out of them also looking for one with a 4 speed

here's the tail and seat i've made.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v676/Chaseroo/xs650.jpg

chopsticks
11-13-2009, 8:14 AM
nice find man, reminds me of this little honda c100 I picked up to redo for my girl. Of course hers looks more like a scooter, but it looks like you got its older brother right there. Nice

FatSmitty
04-14-2010, 1:14 AM
Those cdi motors are pretty much the same-the jug, head and piston is where the cc's differ. You can check out the pit bike/mini sites for engine parts. They make a drop in 4 speed gear set and also a manual clutch kit as well. Or you can get heavy duty clutch kits if you wanna stay with the auto. You can check out dratv, honda trail bikes, firepower minis, or tbolt usa just to name a few. They make race heads w/cams, stroker kits, various carb sizes, inner rotor kits, different sized front and rear sprockets- the options just depend on how deep your pockets are! As for a more modern front end, there are a hand full of vendors on egay that aren't too bad, or there's zokes if you have $1300 to drop on a front end. The site more geared to the older hondas is dratv, the site also has alot of info on cross referencing parts and what will fit. This is cool seeing someone chop one instead of just a restore.

unretrofied
06-28-2011, 9:02 AM
I know this is an old thread but I was wondering what ever happened to this bike?

I just picked one up for $50 and was needing a reliable place to get parts for it

Thanks