PDA

View Full Version : Frame Troubles

Rabbit
02-06-2011, 3:02 PM
Ok, so back in April of last year (2010)I ordered a frame from World Class Welding and dealt with Dave Huntress. After being told it was a 6 week turn around, I was willing and did order a frame from them for my CB750. Custom rake and a 2up2out style frame. Well, the trouble started right away. 6 weeks later I emailed and asked where my frame was and when I could expect it. after a lot of excuses, my frame just showed up the beginning of JANUARY 2011! So needless to say I was already peeved that it took 8 months to get a frame from this place. So yesterday when I was finally able to go to mount the motor in the frame, it doesn't even come close to being right. The #2 and #3 cylinders are completely blocked by the downtubes with no room for exhaust. Well, that just isn't going to work, especially on a CB750. I emailed Dave Huntress asking how to get this frame back to him and get my money back so that I can order from CYCLE X who I've never had any problems with. Actually, I should have just ordered from them from the get go, bit hindsight is 20/20 right? So, to make a long story readable, the fuckers will not refund my money, instead they want me to ship it back, which is $120, and let them fix it which will take how much longer? yeah right, after 8 months of waiting, I just want my hard earned cold cash back to buy from someone I trust. How the fuck do you make a frame for a metric like a CB and not check for exhaust clearance?

http://www.chopcult.com/uploads_user/2000/1019/50543.jpg
http://www.chopcult.com/uploads_user/2000/1019/50542.jpg
And the motor sits so close to the front of the frame that there is absolutely no way to make this work!

Rabbit
02-06-2011, 3:03 PM
Ok, so back in April of last year (2010)I ordered a frame from World Class Welding and dealt with Dave Huntress. After being told it was a 6 week turn around, I was willing and did order a frame from them for my CB750. Custom rake and a 2up2out style frame. Well, the trouble started right away. 6 weeks later I emailed and asked where my frame was and when I could expect it. after a lot of excuses, my frame just showed up the beginning of JANUARY 2011! So needless to say I was already peeved that it took 8 months to get a frame from this place. So yesterday when I was finally able to go to mount the motor in the frame, it doesn't even come close to being right. The #2 and #3 cylinders are completely blocked by the downtubes with no room for exhaust. Well, that just isn't going to work, especially on a CB750. I emailed Dave Huntress asking how to get this frame back to him and get my money back so that I can order from CYCLE X who I've never had any problems with. Actually, I should have just ordered from them from the get go, bit hindsight is 20/20 right? So, to make a long story readable, the fuckers will not refund my money, instead they want me to ship it back, which is $120, and let them fix it which will take how much longer? yeah right, after 8 months of waiting, I just want my hard earned cold cash back to buy from someone I trust. How the fuck do you make a frame for a metric like a CB and not check for exhaust clearance?

http://www.chopcult.com/uploads_user/2000/1019/50543.jpg
http://www.chopcult.com/uploads_user/2000/1019/50542.jpg
And the motor sits so close to the front of the frame that there is absolutely no way to make this work!

Spacewolf
02-06-2011, 3:15 PM
That fucking blows man, duly noted.

Id take it to someone you trust and see if they can maybe cut the downtubes and make it to a single downtube. Doesnt look like it would be that hard. There are plenty of guys around here that do frames and could probably accommodate for a reasonable price. If you like the frame other the the clearance around the exhaust this could be a decent way to salvage a shitty situation.

XFatTonyX
02-06-2011, 3:26 PM
Call the BBB from the state they are in and start a complaint. That usually gets the ball rolling fast for them to fix it

Rabbit
02-06-2011, 3:33 PM
Well. Dave said I could send it back and have them fix it, but the last thing I want to do is to pay $120 each way for them to fix a fuck up and plus, it took 8 months to get this, how long will it take to 'fix' a brand new frame that has to be basically re-manufactured. I'll still call, and thanks for the tip. I want the ball rolling on getting my cash back and if it takes getting the BBB involved, then so be it.

Rabbit
02-06-2011, 3:39 PM
@Alex - Yeah, fixing it is not the problem. I have some friends that can fix this, the problem is getting back my money for a major fuck up and having to re-manufacture a brand new frame. Who makes a frame without noting and checking clearances. Basically if I can get at least some of my cash back, I can salvage this one. Being laid off and trying to get this fixed though is a pain in the ass. I just wish they would be stand up guys and say, 'yep, we fucked up' and give me my cash back. If I was right down the street and didn't have to spend $240 to ship round trip it would be better, but still wouldn't excuse the shitty-ness of the situation.

XFatTonyX
02-06-2011, 3:48 PM
Tell them they are paying for shipping and fixing the problem or you'll call the BBB

sohcool
02-06-2011, 3:52 PM
Wow, that's really bad. I mean, I can see an overlooked spec here or there, but that much?

I always hear really good things about dude on the Honda forum that I was on up until recently.

Did you pay with your credit card? If so, there's some recourse right there. Even if you paid paypal. The only way you're screwed is if you paid cash/money order/cashiers check.

Torch
02-06-2011, 6:29 PM
It sounds like he has no money or any intention of giving you any money back so forget that and call it an education,you already know the quality of his workmanship, why would you want him to continue working on it? just get it fixed and move on,
Any one that has ever been to Las Vegas knows what it's like to loose money, don't let it ruin the time you have left to live.

BullyGuns
02-06-2011, 6:35 PM
That sucks. I had Dave make me a frame a good bit ago for an XS650. He did a really great job and was quick on the turnaround. Too bad things have gone a bit sour for him and it really sucks that it went south for you.

I hope you are able to recover some of your cash. Good luck with it.

C

knucklehead
02-06-2011, 6:58 PM
I had one of his frames too...came with a project i bought. built like a tank...but i really didn't care for it and decided to sell it. Anyway---it sucks...shitty situation. hope you can recover your dough...paypal is usually quick to refund money...so maybe it'll work out okay 4 u

Hooligans
02-06-2011, 7:02 PM
man thats fucked. I agree... waiting for them to fix it could be quick, or it could be months. I dont think you should have to pay to ship it back and forth since they are the ones who screwed up in the first place.

imtheslime
02-06-2011, 7:06 PM
Sorry to hear about your situation, hope you get it worked out.
If you're like me, I'd rather not ride anything from someone like that based on principal.
I was thinking though, would it be possible to make two "squish pipes " for those two, almost like a knuckle or pan? Hard to tell exactly how much clearance you have. Maybe use a clamp, heat and bend the down tubes in enough, could cause problems elsewhere though.

tattoo2303
02-06-2011, 7:27 PM
A squish pipe that close to the motor is not a good idea the single down tube is your best option especially if you think you have buddies capable if you can get half back 500 for 85% of a custom frames not really a bad deal but that's a glass half full perspective of a shitty situation

jamesgs4
02-06-2011, 8:06 PM
Send it back, keep the shipping receipt, and do a charge back on your credit card. You might be out 100 bucks but they wont make a thousand off of you.

inkenvytat2
02-06-2011, 8:22 PM
I would go go pay them a "visit" in person

jpswino
02-06-2011, 8:23 PM
Next time call Red and Kate at http://www.cycleonemanufacturing.com/

Firstly, the mistake will not happen with them. Secondly, they stand behind their work.

They have new pricing which I think is under $800 now. Check it out.

Tell them jpswino sent you.

jpswino
02-06-2011, 8:25 PM
Go here next time. http://www.cycleonemanufacturing.com/

I posted in your other thread as well.

sohcool
02-06-2011, 8:42 PM
Go here next time. http://www.cycleonemanufacturing.com/

I posted in your other thread as well.

+1

Great people, great product, and easy to work with from what I've heard.

Fiend
02-06-2011, 9:03 PM
Wow man, wow... Thats crazy,
Daves been in this game for years and years, cant believe he'd make a mistake like that.
I mean I believe it, but I cant believe it ya know.
I dont think I've ever heard a single complaint about his craftsmanship, wait time yea, but never
finished product, but you obviously have a problem there...
When I had him build my boardtracker frame/tank he was nothing but helpful and built it exactly
the way I wanted. He said shippings on you to fix it huh?
Sorry to hear about this, hope this works out for you man.

knucklehead
02-06-2011, 9:30 PM
i always liked the look in the front of the cb750 frames....kinda like a wide wishbone frame.....if you're gonna chop up the frame...could add a wishbone section in the front to clear the exhaust

Rabbit
02-06-2011, 11:37 PM
Next time call Red and Kate at http://www.cycleonemanufacturing.com/

Firstly, the mistake will not happen with them. Secondly, they stand behind their work.

They have new pricing which I think is under $800 now. Check it out.

Tell them jpswino sent you.
I've looked at their stuff before, but it was outta my price range. I've done all of my motor work with Cycle X and dealt with Ken over there and had nothing but good things and should have had a frame from him.

Dave is one of the few guys that would make it raked and stretched like I wanted it and I had seen CB frames from him before. In the beginning he was good to deal with. The problem came when I got excuse after excuse as to why my frame wasn't even being worked on 6 months after I put a deposit on a 6 week turnaround. And then when it is totally unusable, do the right thing and give me my cash back dude. Seriously, not a hard concept but I guess I learned. Just sucks a regular dude like me spent that much for a waste of time and a headache... and an empty wallet.

Thanks to all the replies. I went with this guy b/c he came highly recommended and he may be a great guy, but he fucked up on this one. Just trying to save some one else the headache I'm dealing with.

Rabbit
02-06-2011, 11:38 PM
And also about any type of exhaust fitting, there is no way of putting exhaust on there. The clamps won't even fit in the gap, much less trying to get any type of pipe in there.

Rabbit
02-06-2011, 11:41 PM
Sorry to hear about your situation, hope you get it worked out.
If you're like me, I'd rather not ride anything from someone like that based on principal.
I was thinking though, would it be possible to make two "squish pipes " for those two, almost like a knuckle or pan? Hard to tell exactly how much clearance you have. Maybe use a clamp, heat and bend the down tubes in enough, could cause problems elsewhere though.

Exactly. After 8 months and $1000, it should be exactly as I ordered without any fuckups. The frame is made beautifully, but it is completely useless and if that's the shit I gotta deal with then I don't want it. I want someone who knows how to mount a motor in a frame to check for clearances when making a custom frame. Sever lack of attention to detail.

Rabbit
02-06-2011, 11:45 PM
Thanks for the replies guys. My problem with even entertaining returning it and waiting for a fix is that a 6 week turnaround turned into an 8 month ordeal. I've got a pile of email back and forth full of excuses as to why he's behind and then in January it shows up after being ordered in April. The frame itself is amazing and I would love it... if it were useable, but on principle alone if you are building a frame for a motor, how about making sure the motor will work in it? Seems simple enough to me, especially since he's built them before.

cntrhub
02-07-2011, 12:15 AM
I would eat the shipping and keep 20/20 yourself. It's not over. You are not out a 1000 bucks. Let the guy make it right. Tell him the world is watching and now do his one and only customer right is how you should be treated. After all, you did mention a CB750. Let me get this straight. The work order says to: Install a CB750 between two rails and make it fit. Is that guy in business to make one frame or can he weld an inch the other way kind of separate the flakes from the frame fucking mistake on his end. He is taking the blame, right? He will ship it back an fix it for free, right? Not 8 fucking months from now, right?

He better make a quick turn around if he said 6 weeks and here I am 4 days deep, someone promised last Wed.; is when I'd have part in hand. It just is what it is. Don't blame the guy he wants to do it right and maybe he needs more help or close the fucking door, fella!

?

HalFrame Will Travel = Write or Wong it needs to be sent Up someone's ass. It's no good this way.

Rabbit
02-07-2011, 12:28 AM
I would eat the shipping and keep 20/20 yourself. It's not over. You are not out a 1000 bucks. Let the guy make it right. Tell him the world is watching and now do his one and only customer right is how you should be treated. After all, you did mention a CB750. Let me get this straight. The work order says to: Install a CB750 between two rails and make it fit. Is that guy in business to make one frame or can he weld an inch the other way kind of separate the flakes from the frame fucking mistake on his end. He is taking the blame, right? He will ship it back an fix it for free, right? Not 8 fucking months from now, right?

He better make a quick turn around if he said 6 weeks and here I am 4 days deep, someone promised last Wed.; is when I'd have part in hand. It just is what it is. Don't blame the guy he wants to do it right and maybe he needs more help or close the fucking door, fella!

?

HalFrame Will Travel = Write or Wong it needs to be sent Up someone's ass. It's no good this way.

I agree, and if he was close by and willing to fix it within an agree upon time, that'd be cool too. But he's already pushed back MULTIPLE deadlines. The guy has built multiple CB750 frames and should not be a mistake that is made for a customer you've delayed for that long. If it were as simple as me not need this last year and having shit done right, and I had the cash to mail this back I'd be all for it. He is taking the blame and offering for me to send it back and then have him fix it. Major problem is that I cannot get it back to him right this minute because he has the last bit of money I had from when I paid for this frame. I don't have a personal problem with the guy, I just don't want to keep having to send a frame back and forth until he gets it right. I just want my cash to go buy a frame that I know will work since at this point I'm almost a year behind. Like I said, he did great work and I'm sure he normally does great frames, esp from all the honda guys I've heard from. Problem is this frame is a day late and an exhaust system short. I'm sure anyone can understand why I'm a bit peeved about not having something I spent my duckets on. He's even offered to mount shit and add on stuff, but really, does that make missing a deadline and having those problems really worth the trouble? I've dealt with Cycle X and had way more help and service from those guys than most people give. Hell, Ken sent me lots of extra parts trying to get my carb situation figured out over the phone a thousand miles away.

cntrhub
02-07-2011, 12:52 AM
Look, I could see it from here. That is why I am saying let Ken square it away. That looks like a nice frame and all I am seeing are two tubes misaligned. And if the 750 boys use him, then it was just one of those mistakes made and now if we could send one frame that works, you could send the other frame back tell him.

But then again, an old pro said, 'however long it takes, double it' and I am screwing up the quote. So it's a "Wolfey" quote from a Milwaukee Iron show. It is part of the build process. I thought you knew that?

I know you do. I'm just saying you are in a situation and I understand. The easiest, fastest is for Ken to ship one out ASAP. Goodwill no matter if he is throwing bones at you. You first need the dog to eat bone, right? I hear ya.

Rabbit
02-07-2011, 1:04 AM
Yeah, but it's Dave, not Ken to Clarify. Ken has helped me numerous time. Dave, well this is my first dealing with him.

And again, I agree about waiting to get it done right, but when you're a business man making plans, make plans, not empty promises. I get where you're coming from and I'd gladly let him fix it, if I had the time and money. Patience is something I lack and cutting him as much slack as I have is saying a lot. 8 months is just too long to wait and considering I don't have a definite time frame for how long this is going to take I have no drive to deal with this frame. If I can't get a frame back to him to fix, it does me no god, correct? Your suggestions would work in a normal situation, but am I just supposed to wait around til he decides my frame is important enough to fix and the when it gets back and it's not right again, what then? If I had some type of guarantee or something like I could go by and have it fixed quickly, then yeah. I'm not complaining about his skills. I'm complaining about time frames and measurements and simple shit like any other person that fabricates shit deals with. In the machine shop, the tranny manufacturer doesn't give a shit if I'll fix the mistake when I ran 1000 gears for them, they want the right shit, the first time and if I gotta stay there to get them done, they get done. You think that they want me to do more work for them when other shops can get it right by measuring properly and meeting deadlines on time? I'm just bitchin about the immense waste of time I have dealt with. Had I ordered from somewhere else, I would have the bike done if not almost done by now. I'm still at the beginning 8 months later and at this rate a year or more.

LUNCHB0X
02-07-2011, 8:20 AM
Dave hardtailed an Evo softail frame for me, a few years ago. Nothing but professional. Good turn around time, good pricing, good communication. That bike has had some major miles on it with no problems (with the frame). Sorry about your situation, hopefully you get this resolved. But just so it's out there, I would personally recommend him and use him again.

Rabbit
02-07-2011, 9:06 AM
So, after many emails, Dave agreed to have the frame shipped back to him on his dime and fix it and quoted a 2 week turn around once he gets it. Seeing as how I'm out of options, I;m sending it back and seeing what I get back the next go round. If this sounds like a bash on Dave or his work, then it did not come across right. I have stated several times that his craftsmanship was great, it just won't hold my engine with exhaust. And I was hot and wanted my money back so that I could get something that worked in a reliable time frame. I've now been assured of time frames and fixes. We'll see what happens I guess... to be continued. I might have to redact my post title.

Rabbit
02-07-2011, 9:07 AM
So, after many emails, Dave agreed to have the frame shipped back to him on his dime and fix it and quoted a 2 week turn around once he gets it. Seeing as how I'm out of options, I;m sending it back and seeing what I get back the next go round. If this sounds like a bash on Dave or his work, then it did not come across right. I have stated several times that his craftsmanship was great, it just won't hold my engine with exhaust. And I was hot and wanted my money back so that I could get something that worked in a reliable time frame. I've now been assured of time frames and fixes. We'll see what happens I guess... to be continued. I might have to redact my post title.

Tigman
02-07-2011, 9:29 AM
Matt, first of all that does really suck. Shit happens... I am totally sorry you had to wait so long for your frame.. did you happen to tell these guys about the $200 oil tank I told you I would give you for your time loss that you were all happy about? Anyway, I never told you you had to pay to ship it back. And I just recently told you that I will send you a label and pick up date. For some reason I was in scramble brain mode when I built it.. please excuse me for being busy.... how long would it take you to build 24 frames all different? Thats about what I had.... sure it may have been a dumb-ass mistake but now you have brought this onto an open forum bitching about me and not trying to work with me.
I sent you an email explaining the terms which are, I will send you a label, you will make sure the UPS guy gets the frame. Then when I get the frame I will revise it the way it should be and it will still be remarkable quality like you said it was initially. Then I will ship it back to you. All this should take a couple of weeks to get thru this.... so the ball is in your hand Matt.....

Tigman
02-07-2011, 9:33 AM
and you put in a complaint on paypal.... now money is in lock for a dispute claim..... I understand you calling me out but you frantically hit the panic button dude.... WTF

Tigman
02-07-2011, 9:44 AM
Okay so I just received an email from Matt and I told him I would post the fact that we are working together to resolve this issue like we should be... thanks Matt.. do appreciate....

Sick1200
02-07-2011, 10:43 AM
and you put in a complaint on paypal.... now money is in lock for a dispute claim..... I understand you calling me out but you frantically hit the panic button dude.... WTF

I think after 8 months of waiting, I'd be super fucking pissed if I couldn't put my bike together. I don't see anything frantic about 8 months of waiting.......that's a whole hell of a lot more patient than I'd be dude. I am glad to see you guys are working it out.

swellguy
02-07-2011, 10:58 AM
How easy a fix is it if done by a local shop?

CMA406
02-07-2011, 10:58 AM
I think after 8 months of waiting, I'd be super fucking pissed if I couldn't put my bike together. I don't see anything frantic about 8 months of waiting.......that's a whole hell of a lot more patient than I'd be dude. I am glad to see you guys are working it out.

no shit! i would of filed a claim long before 8 months. in all honesty, to wait that long and then get a frame that wont even work, is fuckin rediculous in my book. hope it all works out...

Rabbit
02-07-2011, 2:36 PM
Alright, to update this- Yes, I am working with Tigman to get this straightened out. I do agree that it took a long time to make. That being said, the build of the frame was superior, and something I can't order off a shelf in a warehouse. He made it one off and explained the problems and mistakes. It takes balls to say 'hey, I fucked up' and Dave did just that. After some emails this morning, I am trying to be positive and he did agree to send me a shipping label to get it back and guaranteed a 2 week turn around from the time he gets it. I really want to believe that this will happen considering so many people speak so highly of him. Again, his work is awesome, time estimates, not so much. I am gonna ship it back and see what happens. I did have a knee jerk reaction to the frame mistake, but after 8 months of waiting and then it's wrong and I don't live anywhere near this shop and have no way to sit down and figure out I am not getting fucked with a rake, I put a dispute on paypal so that I wouldn't necessarily lose all of my money. Anyhow, I don't know how to edit the post title, but BEWARE might not be the right way to describe dealing with Tigman.

He seems to be a stand up guy in keeping calm and professional with my rants attempting to ream him for this. I agree I had to wait longer than most ppl would wait. I also know that if it was done right the first time, I would be singing his praises to everyone and now that we have worked out a way to resolve this, I would recommend him to ppl again.

Rabbit
02-07-2011, 2:43 PM
Alright, to update this- Yes, I am working with Tigman to get this straightened out. I do agree that it took a long time to make. That being said, the build of the frame was superior, and something I can't order off a shelf in a warehouse. He made it one off and explained the problems and mistakes. It takes balls to say 'hey, I fucked up' and Dave did just that. After some emails this morning, I am trying to be positive and he did agree to send me a shipping label to get it back and guaranteed a 2 week turn around from the time he gets it. I really want to believe that this will happen considering so many people speak so highly of him. Again, his work is awesome, time estimates, not so much. I am gonna ship it back and see what happens. I did have a knee jerk reaction to the frame mistake, but after 8 months of waiting and then it's wrong and I don't live anywhere near this shop and have no way to sit down and figure out I am not getting fucked with a rake, I put a dispute on paypal so that I wouldn't necessarily lose all of my money. Anyhow, I don't know how to edit the post title, but BEWARE might not be the right way to describe dealing with Tigman.

He seems to be a stand up guy in keeping calm and professional with my rants attempting to ream him for this. I agree I had to wait longer than most ppl would wait. I also know that if it was done right the first time, I would be singing his praises to everyone and now that we have worked out a way to resolve this, I would recommend him to ppl again.

Rabbit
02-07-2011, 2:48 PM
How easy a fix is it if done by a local shop?

Really, it needs to be rebuilt from the neck down to the motor mounts, so basically both downtubes need to be redesigned. I am doing measurements now b/c he said he only had a block to put in the frame to mock up and made a huge mistake on the downtubes b/c he thought it was for an xs650 when laying out the frame and I guess without the head on when you put just the block of a 750 in, you wouldn't know the exhaust would be blocked... that's what Dave said.
Anyhow, Dave is promising to send me a return label, a fix with a 2 week turn around guarantee at no cost to me. I still think it took way too long for this, but I hear that he's one of the best so we'll see what happens.

cntrhub
02-07-2011, 7:32 PM
I'd keep it up and say, "Beware of Tig having the Tank!" Besides, say it's too late and the Tigman is looking really good so it does not matter at this point. He has a 750 clientele that will just grow for him. It's more a, win-win. Those are a lot of frames and or tanks to turn out. And if you want that Tigman quality, you still got the quality,,, OK, but not the fit.

You know what they say, dont'cha?........ "Fit Happens!" ;)

100+ >>> Tigman :cool:

rugburn
02-07-2011, 7:44 PM
dave is my friend and neighbor. he as done all of my frames.
he is one of the most solid dudes i know. i know he'll make
this right. i understand how pissed off you felt and i'm glad
you gave him the chance to make it up to you. he works very
hard and is proud of his work and protective of his reputation.
i give no excuses for my friends mistake just that I'm sure it was
honest and with out any intent to screw you out of you dough.
i haven't spoken with him in a few months but i'm sure he is
spending 14 hours a day jigging, bending and tig welding
frames 6 days a week. as he has for years. he has three tabled
frames being built at all times. hand hammered, wheeled, rolled
and welded gas tanks, oil tanks, and fenders. his own build
has sat next to his welding table for three years waiting for
his handy work, untouched. i know none of this makes it right
but i hope to give you a perspective of the man who is hand
crafting your frame. he'll make it up, he'll stand by his work
and so will I. if you have any other issues message me directly
please. i would like to know. sorry for your troubles. hope he does
ya right.

-burn

wickedblockhead
02-07-2011, 8:28 PM
i think its bizarre that it took calling a guy out on a pretty big chopper site to get this thing right.

Rabbit
02-07-2011, 10:40 PM
i think its bizarre that it took calling a guy out on a pretty big chopper site to get this thing right.

To be fair, Dave didn't know I posted on here until the day after. Dave admitted his mistake to me via email, but after this post. I really don't want this to be a bash against Dave, I was extremely pissed when I found out it did not work with my motor and that I couldn't get my money back. I posted this in the interim and Dave has since done all he can do to get the problem straightened out. I'm not saying there wasn't a mistake made, but I am saying that I should edit the title of the post if I could. I don't think badly of the guy, and I apologized to him about having a knee jerk reaction. We both see each others point of view and have since come to an agreement on how to get this straightened out.

Tigman
02-09-2011, 11:45 AM

just to set the record straight on this comment. initially I told him he couldn't have his money back. and thats it, I never told him I wouldn't fix it etc.... I had a call from a friend of mine about the post. I'm just to busy to sit around on the forums. I like to occasionally, but I'm just to committed with work and family... it's choppin season and hockey season and I'm up to my neck in both........ so the only reason I came out to this post is to defend my reputation which is very important to me as it is my livelihood...... and thanks to you guys who have spoken up for me.... Matt and I will get it all worked out and hopefully he will be riding to this years smoke out on his custom bike... cheers to all...

pop
04-23-2011, 5:12 AM
good read. i thought i was the only one with a fucked with a pile of pipe created by tigman.. hes one fucken ass i waited as well 6 months for my frame with it not built to my specs, , not completely welded,,. engine wouldn't fit and no paper work as promised. i kept finding more and more of his customers on choppers forums with the same problems.

richfrazier
04-23-2011, 7:38 AM
i cant speak for anyone else but dave made my xs400 frame from scratch. i couldnt be happier with the quality.he stuck with the price and i love the frame!!