PDA

View Full Version : hoos racing je 700cc pistons

gmp
02-05-2011, 7:08 PM
just got them today and i have to say they are a thing of beauty...
Over this winter i have been building up my xs starting with the motor first. So i have seen hugh's on youtube and never thought my motor could be or sound like that but now its gettng there faster and faster every pay check.

So far i have gotten a hugh's rephased,Banshee charging,mikes xs od 5th gear,
And now some spankin new 700cc je's,I hope to get some mikuni's or something for carbs still raising the funds for those after this piston pay-up.

Well here's some pic's if you Culter's were wondering the look of em.

Punkskalar
02-05-2011, 8:17 PM
Are you one of the rephases I have done :cool: I never know peoples screen names, just the names on the email...

Those pistons look like they mean business. Much higher crown than my Wiseco 707's...

gmp
02-06-2011, 10:50 AM
Indeed i am one of the rephase's you have done this year, And i sure cant wait to kick it over for the first time!

Punkskalar
02-06-2011, 9:44 PM
GMP,

You planning on running a base gasket, or no? You can bump compression from 9.5:1 to 10.5:1 if you leave it out. Gonna try that myself this week on my engine, since it is apart...

gmp
02-07-2011, 8:53 PM
im not sure do you think it can handle it? That seems pretty high but im sure it would be lots of fun.

Punkskalar
02-07-2011, 10:01 PM
It can definitely handle it. I tried today on mine, and my pistons hit the valves. Im using Wiseco pistons though. Go for it, you might as well, the rephase LOVES high compression! :D

gmp
02-07-2011, 11:46 PM
well its headed to the machine shop tomorrow hopefully so then i can start to get this motor together for real... And as for 10.5:1 sounds fun guess once i can get the pistons in ill take a look. Im all for something new and exciting and maybe the chance to whip some friends harley's.

MrBillohnooo
02-08-2011, 9:41 PM
Do ya have a shot of the bottom (inside) of them?......

gmp
02-08-2011, 9:55 PM
not yet but i sure can get ya one

dhamilton20
02-08-2011, 11:36 PM
hey GMP,

Thats awesome what your doing to the motor and whats kinda funny is that i'm right about at the same place your at. I got Hugh to rephase my crank and cam and did the banshee swap as well. Also I had to throw in a 5th o.d gear in there, and next week my cylinders should be done getting machined to fit those 700cc pistons from Gary at Hoos racing.

I'm pretty interested in seeing about the base gasket idea, just worried about having my leg fall off trying to kick start it.

Good luck with your motor build as it looks like one day we'll have almost the exact same little motor roaring down the street!

gmp
02-09-2011, 9:39 AM
good to hear im not alone in this new quest,i thought there would be someone out there doing the same.

Punkskalar
02-09-2011, 11:45 AM
You'll be fine kicking it. BUT, when you kick, kick like you mean it, don't go all half-assed on it like it was a stock engine :D

gmp
02-09-2011, 9:57 PM
sorry i couldnt get a pic sooner it went to the machine shop today, but in a few days i prob canget em!

gmp
03-17-2011, 8:57 PM
hey all,
so its finally happening assembly time here are a few little sneak peaks...
The only real thing im missing is a oil filter and some carbs just gotta get some cash together for it.....

gmp
03-19-2011, 7:47 PM
so with the first bit of help i was able to get the motor in and a few more things put on...
Its coming together quick.

Bloodhound
03-20-2011, 4:03 PM
When ever I get my other projects out of my garage I have a set to go in my bike. I am also adding a Heiden Tuning remote oil filter.

gmp
04-05-2011, 5:15 PM
Well i finally got it running now im out to put in some break in miles.....

Thanks again chopculters and hugh for such great info and a awesome product....
http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlrRYrAR6B4

Bloodhound
04-05-2011, 5:28 PM
what carbs are you using?

gmp
04-06-2011, 9:10 PM
what carbs are you using?

I ended up calling 650 central and getting some of there mikuni 34mm...
And i must say some of the best money i have ever spent the quality is super nice and the tech support is unbeatable. I just hooked them up and they were ready to rip!My idle is a bit high but im going to work on that once i get the exhaust worked out.Cant really here it over the loud.

Punkskalar
04-06-2011, 9:45 PM
Don't know how I missed that video. Sounds good man, you had a chance to ride it yet??

gmp
04-07-2011, 9:39 PM
Don't know how I missed that video. Sounds good man, you had a chance to ride it yet??

That i have!! its so fun thank you so much hugh for bring it back to life!!! Also im running a capacitor try'd the small battery which wasnt working so well. But that capacitor is like some black magic works so so so good.

Ill get some riding videos maybe this weekend, i think i need to check the lifters they seem to tick at random rpms and at low rpm is my only real issue.

Punkskalar
04-08-2011, 7:51 AM
Is there a copper washer on your camchain tensioner? Between the threaded part and the plunger rod there should be a small copper washer or good rubber o-ring. Usually gets rid of all the noises... :cool:

gmp
04-09-2011, 7:47 AM
Is there a copper washer on your camchain tensioner? Between the threaded part and the plunger rod there should be a small copper washer or good rubber o-ring. Usually gets rid of all the noises... :cool:

i believe there is a copper washer...
So i try'd adjusting the valves and i came up with a tight inlet .004 and a normal exhaust .006. Its weird tho so i set it up with it TDC on #1 and it was all good then if i crank the motor till its TDC again the settings are off. But if i crank it one more cycle back to TDC the setting are on again what the hell?

So every other time it's right and the other time its off i think is where i maybe getting my noise from, Also im only getting it at mid rpm range. When its rev'd up or at low low idle i dont hear anything.

But i must say getting on the highway is a whole new thing for this little bike.