PDA

View Full Version : Yellow light

greenlight23
02-01-2011, 5:00 PM
Do any of you know if anyone makes a 7" yellow tinted headlight,or how I can tint mine?It is for a cb750. Thanks

Brendon
02-01-2011, 5:10 PM
Well... alot of the watercooled vw guys buy the stained glass paint in poof cans, normally with the regular poof can paints or in the arts and craft section. A few light coats and your set.

NHMike
02-01-2011, 5:11 PM
HERE (http://www.rvinyl.com/headlighttint/yellowsmoke.htm?feed=Froogle) I used something similar to their product and it came out fine.

Do any of you know if anyone makes a 7" yellow tinted headlight,or how I can tint mine?It is for a cb750. Thanks

NHMike
02-01-2011, 5:11 PM
?

Well... alot of the watercooled vw guys buy the stained glass paint in poof cans, normally with the regular poof can paints or in the arts and craft section. A few light coats and your set.

Brendon
02-01-2011, 5:12 PM
?

spray paint

greenlight23
02-01-2011, 5:17 PM
Cool thanks.

Brendon
02-01-2011, 5:21 PM
like this stuff.
http://www.usartsupply.com/krylon/images/products/large/stainedglasscolor.png

BillyT
02-01-2011, 6:32 PM
Duplicolior Metal Cast Yellow

http://tylaska.net/bike/lightsyel.jpg

Just degrease the glass and lay the stuff on wet. Sure, it'll chip eventually, but its real easy to re do. If your glass comes off, tint the inside.

But you gotta put this stuff on heavy(not so heavy that it runs). If you try to do light coats you won't get a glossy finish, it'll be matte. And don't use adhesion promoter either, as that will also matte it up.

BillyT
02-01-2011, 6:42 PM
That Krylon stuff looks like it would work just the same. And be warned, the yellow Duplicolor stuff smell like dog piss. My wife can always tell when I have used it.... Makes ya wonder.

jim60491
02-02-2011, 9:52 AM
any advantage in having a yellow lens?

BillyT
02-02-2011, 10:06 AM
yellow lights traditionally used for bad weather conditions as the yellow light doesn't reflect off of water droplets as bad as a higher temp light will.

That said, I just like they way it looks.

pacifistbikes
02-02-2011, 10:22 AM
That said, I just like they way it looks.[/QUOTE]

Damn straight man, yellow lights look awesome. Mine is drying as i type this. Had a new bates replica which i painted yellow, but just bought a vintage lucas foglamp and is having the makeover.

payupcycles
02-02-2011, 10:52 AM
went to a auto swap this weekend and there were tons of yellow lights in all sizes. they say fog light right on the bulb . would be an easy install too

greenlight23
02-02-2011, 2:40 PM
BillyT can you tell a diffrence in the light output?I don't have a high beam on my bike just want to know about night riding.

BillyT
02-02-2011, 3:05 PM
Still plenty of light.

On my last light, I tinted the reflector and lost a lot of the output. Not sure why it didn't occur to me to do the inside of the glass.

On these lights, I was worried about losing too much light so that is why I did the outside. If you have a glass lens, and not plastic, you can strip this stuff off way easy with aircraft remover.

Also, I run my high beams all the time(was that way before they were tinted too), and they are 65w. But I didn't really notice a difference between tinted and not tinted.

BillyT
02-02-2011, 3:08 PM
If you have a dual filament bulb, just wire up the high beam instead of the low, as long as the charging sytem is up to it. I haven't had any issues, and that is with 2 65w lights on my 400.