PDA

View Full Version : Need Help with a DNA springer

busfreak
09-18-2009, 7:25 PM
I just got my new DNA springer. I know that I am going to have to change the bearings because of the 1 inch neck stem. I have a 65 tr6, my question for anyone that has installed a DNA springer on there triumph is. What other modification am I going to have to do to the frame neck. It looks like I am going to have to remove the lock piece so that I can clear the top part of the springer. . I hope someone can give me some advice before I start cutting.

Tyler
09-22-2009, 8:13 AM
Well, I got the bearings that will fit in your stock triumph neck and take a 1" stem.. It is a kit we put together with Timken bearings and races and a machined shim to fit into the stock triumph neck.

Regarding fitting the DNA on there yeah you will probably have to remove the little lock tab on the neck, just cut it off leaving some extra and grind it down flush it will look like it was never there.

That should be about it, those front ends are about a direct bolt on with the bearing kit

http://lowbrowcustoms.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=462

busfreak
09-23-2009, 8:47 PM
Thanks Tyler, you guys are CLASS A man. I got the bearing kit from you and it worked great. The hard tail section you guys sold me fit like a glove.

chopped850
10-14-2009, 10:55 PM
I put a DNA -2 springer on my norty bobber. I had to take the old bearings out and head over to the bearing shop and got some that fit. I did have to grind the stopper off flush to get the springer on the bike. Tyler, do you have a kit like that for a norton? The bearings I have are sealed ball bearings and are tight on the stem. I would prefer the roller kit if you make it. Let me know and I don't mean to hijack this thread either.

Tyler
10-15-2009, 8:46 AM
Chopped850, I don't know if you have a caliper give me an accurate dimension on the OD of the stock bearing race on your Norton (or the ID of the frame neck) and I will see if I can sort it out

Thanks
Tyler

chopped850
10-15-2009, 9:16 PM
Chopped850, I don't know if you have a caliper give me an accurate dimension on the OD of the stock bearing race on your Norton (or the ID of the frame neck) and I will see if I can sort it out

Thanks
Tyler

Thanks Tyler, I will get that for you tomorrow and PM it to you.

Todd