PDA

View Full Version : Modern Triumph Shock Suggestions

StreetFightnMan
01-21-2011, 7:32 AM
My brother-in-law has a modern Triumph- Thruxton ('07?) and is looking for suspension upgrades. Is there anyone around here that can make suggestions as to what's good and what to stay away from?
Told him I would ask around.........

Thanks, ya'll

LowbrowCustoms
01-21-2011, 8:10 AM
I'm running Hagon shocks on my modern Bonnie, they are a great ride and adjustable. It really all depends what kind of riding he does, these may not be the choice if hes looking for a racing style setup,.

otto138
01-21-2011, 8:49 AM
+1 on the Hagons. If he is looking for the racing performance thing the Ohlins piggybacks are the trick. Have him check out triumphrat.net lots of good info on the Triumph bikes.

StreetFightnMan
01-21-2011, 11:52 AM
Thanks for the suggestions.
I'll look into the Hagons. He's not necesarily looking for a 'racing' set up- just street riding. Wants suspension to be better that stock (and so do I so that I'll quit hearing about how terrible it is) and adjustable. Anybody use the ZRX shocks? I've seen that commonly around the Triumph boards.

motoguru
01-21-2011, 3:43 PM
The ZRX shocks are longer, but they work. My buddy has them on his Thruxton. Hagon, Ikon, Progressive, YSS, and Ohlins are all gonna be way better than the stockies. Just stay away from the shrouded Hagons, they squeak like a motherfucker.

jimg
01-31-2011, 11:13 AM
Check the boards I think they also use a Honda CBR forks...

knallert
01-31-2011, 1:21 PM
I use Progressive suspension both front and rear.. super happy with that upgrade!

i lowerd my 2001 bonneville 2" front. and i have 11.5" (292mm) rear shocks...

my best friend David has a stock 2001 and its a huge diffrent betwen thoso 2 bikes..

this is how she looks..

http://www.triumphrat.net/memberalbums/data/500/medium/cuts_8.jpg

A shock upgrade is well worth the $$

cheers...

AkiraClownGang
02-08-2011, 1:15 AM
I hear good things about the Z-Seris shocks (with shroud covers) from YSS Racing Suspension...I believe they bring you down about 1.5 inches in the rear. YSS also offers springs for the front end and you can also push the fork tubes up through the yokes about 1.5 inches to really give the bike a nice stance...

AkiraClownGang
02-08-2011, 1:18 AM
I use Progressive suspension both front and rear.. super happy with that upgrade!

i lowerd my 2001 bonneville 2" front. and i have 11.5" (292mm) rear shocks...

my best friend David has a stock 2001 and its a huge diffrent betwen thoso 2 bikes..

this is how she looks..

http://www.triumphrat.net/memberalbums/data/500/medium/cuts_8.jpg

A shock upgrade is well worth the $$

cheers...

knallert, I watched your youtube videos awhile back. I really like your bike! Nice take on a modern Bonnie! Did you notice a significant difference in handling after your suspension mods? Also, did you chop down the rear section of your frame in order to fit that seat?

Cheers!:cheersmate: