PDA

View Full Version : My XS 650

chriskillingsworth
01-19-2011, 11:26 PM
Well this is the official start of the build, and I would appreciate all comments, As this is my first real build, Yes I put my VS1400 together (check out My Photo). But it was nothing like this. i Saw the Ardcore sight and fell head over heels in love with the xs 650 and and had to have one. I found a guy who had a motor and we trade parts, i had a frontend he wanted, so i got the motor. Here are some pictures of what i have so far. As you can see I've painted the engine cas satin black, and I love the Ogbobber so i found a MRD fuel injection system ( thanks John At Jet Ski Haven)10827

freeq4
02-02-2011, 1:16 PM
Tell me you used a high heat paint? It will require more touch up as you go along if you didnt. Also just from my opinion i would have waited to save up for powdercoat with chrome accents as to not hinder with the anything that needed to be hooked back up again such as exhaust

chriskillingsworth
02-02-2011, 8:21 PM
yes I used high temp primer and high temp satin black. and I dont plan to have any chrome at all. but I hadn't planned on what I was doing with the exhaust. Any non chrome suggestions?.

deathmetaldan
02-02-2011, 8:24 PM
black heat wrap!!

jaybee
02-02-2011, 8:30 PM
that fuel injection is nice looking, pricey$$$??

Jb

chriskillingsworth
02-02-2011, 9:07 PM
I traded some car parts for it.