PDA

View Full Version : xv1000 questions

deathmetaldan
01-19-2011, 8:45 PM
I know I know... virago is a bad word around the chopper guys but its what i got and its what im going to work with. I really want to make this thing simple and easy to work on.

I have some big plans if you guys are interested... i kind of got a sour taste in my mouth about posting about my bike because everywhere i post i just get shit about how i should "piss in the tank and set it on fire"

So the point of this post is to ask if there are any other virago owners that have adapted parts from the v star to work on the virago? I am mainly looking at the oil filter relocation kit.... The covers look kinda the same and i think uses the same bolt pattern but i cant afford to spend 300 dollars just to experiment right now. So if you can offer any insight i would really appreciate it.

ragnarok
01-19-2011, 8:48 PM
chop what ya got, the bike fits you man who cares what anyone else says.

Jasonisdico
01-19-2011, 9:57 PM
I'm with nailbomb, chop that fucker up. I've got a shaft-driven chop(intruder) too. Screw what anyone else says.

mhormell
03-18-2012, 10:07 AM
dont let the haters discourage you, i ride a fucking sick custom build highly engine modded xv1100, if any of the "real choper" guys have something to say, i just say "let run em"
85 ft lbs to the wheel on a 380 wet weight bike.... please ..... there whopping what?? 100 +ft lbs of torque from their most advance john deer engine in the world haha!! on a what 900 lbs bike?? yawn.... slow.... cant handle for shit, i can keep up with 600cc sport bikes all day, highway, twisties, anywhere any time.... and quess what with all my modifications, i can build 2 or 3 more of these for the price of one "real chopper"