PDA

View Full Version : Good line on some Yamaha Parts??

jluck27
01-19-2011, 2:07 PM
I'm looking for some Intake Rubber Boots for a 1980 Yamaha 850 Midnight Special. Anyone know a good source to find those in So cal, or order them?

Thanks

jamesgs4
01-19-2011, 2:44 PM
have you tried the dealer?

jluck27
01-19-2011, 2:50 PM
Not yet. Wanted to seek a few other avenues, before I do that.

Shacknasty
01-19-2011, 10:10 PM
Johnson and Wood in N, Hollywood, CA break bikes and have tons of parts for old Jap bikes.

If the ones you have fit on the spigots ok but are cracked and dried don't give up on them. I have used a product called Plastidip made for coating tool handles. I have used the dip kind but prefer the spray-on Plastidip. This shit will fill in the cracks and coat the outside (I don't use inside) for a nice airtight seal.

jluck27
01-20-2011, 8:30 AM
Johnson and Wood in N, Hollywood, CA break bikes and have tons of parts for old Jap bikes.

If the ones you have fit on the spigots ok but are cracked and dried don't give up on them. I have used a product called Plastidip made for coating tool handles. I have used the dip kind but prefer the spray-on Plastidip. This shit will fill in the cracks and coat the outside (I don't use inside) for a nice airtight seal.

Right on man. Thank you very much. They we're pretty shitty, but I half ass fixed them. I'm going to look into that Plastidip and see if that does the trick. Appreciate your input.