PDA

View Full Version : old 650cc

4horsemen20
09-17-2009, 2:31 PM
a friend of mine went to an estate auction with me and he ended up getting a 75 yamaha 650 for 200 bucks. but now he's havin trouble payin for school, so i offered to buy it off of him. i am not really into jap bikes...... aside from my motocross backround... but when it comes to cruisers.... im usually all american. but as soon as i get this thing in the garage i think i will have to purchase one of those nifty xs 650 hardtail frames.... then i might go for an old ktm set of forks... i don't know, i cant seem to figure out what would be the best way to go. i want to build this bike up like its ready to burn it up at bonnevile. iof you guys that mess with this stuff have any ideas... let me know. im actually eager to get this project started. i will be posting pics.

adam

shop102
09-17-2009, 3:09 PM
if you have a motocross background, streetrack that som bitch

dannyb
09-17-2009, 4:42 PM
google "omars street tracker'" for some really cool parts and inspiration. Mikes XS as well. Great stuff for street trackers.

Boylecomm
09-17-2009, 6:04 PM
Here's all the street tracker inspiration anyone would ever need.

http://www.mulemotorcycles.net

4horsemen20
09-17-2009, 7:06 PM
thanx guys the links are great.... like i said i will be posting pics of my progress on this project..... i do believe i'm going to "street track that sumbitch". ha ha. thanks again guys.

adam