PDA

View Full Version : GS 550 hardtail

Blackjack
01-10-2011, 7:47 AM
Not been entirely sure I liked where this was going, or entirely sure where that was either.

The sun was out for the first time in a while, so I wheeled it outside to get a look at it.

http://www.thefont.info/temp/GS550outside.jpg

Not too bad, but that grille in the side panel has to go. Looks weird with the motor fins....

cboone1010
01-10-2011, 9:40 AM
i like that exhaust. it may be the angle of the picture, but i would get the rear fender closer to the tire like the front.

Blackjack
01-10-2011, 11:43 AM
i like that exhaust. it may be the angle of the picture, but i would get the rear fender closer to the tire like the front.

I might have done that if it was shaft drive, but if you gotta move the wheel to adjust the chain.....

Thats the best fit I could get out of that mudguard allowing for wheel adjustment. Flat fenders are a pain in the ass for that, the lack of depth in the sides just makes it look gappy from some angles.

Brandon
01-10-2011, 1:11 PM
NICELY DONE.... i like what you did and agree that the side panels are cutting it. Keep up the good work

wllgmr
01-12-2011, 6:28 PM
yeah, looks real good.

turtlem1969
01-12-2011, 7:19 PM
them pipes are sick, curious how well it would look run like that on both sides with four pipes instead of four into two.