PDA

View Full Version : Input on possible KZ project

StreetFightnMan
01-07-2011, 8:33 AM
So I'm still kicking around the idea of selling off my fire-breathing '03 sportbike/streetfighter to finance a chopper build. Was looking at CB's but have just found a nice looking KZ chop that someone is selling off.
http://i990.photobucket.com/albums/af27/mattnjess/Matts%20Bike/kzchopper.jpg

They're asking $2k obo and I'm sure that I can get more than enough out of my sportbike sacrifice. It looks like a great start but I wanted to run it by you guys first. One thing I wanted to ask about is the possibility of adding some passenger accommodations/sissy bar so wifey can ride with me.
Otherwise, what should I look out for/ ask the owner about? What should I offer him, do ya'll think? $1500?

much thanks, ya'll..............

turbonate
01-07-2011, 8:53 AM
650? 750? 1000? that will make a big difference in the value of the bike. it looks pretty good, with a heavy guage fender and good sissy bar to support it i'd say you'd have no problems toting the ol' around. do you have any better pictures? i'd like to see some more of the rear of the frame to see how it's done.

StreetFightnMan
01-07-2011, 11:47 AM
650? 750? 1000? that will make a big difference in the value of the bike. it looks pretty good, with a heavy guage fender and good sissy bar to support it i'd say you'd have no problems toting the ol' around. do you have any better pictures? i'd like to see some more of the rear of the frame to see how it's done.

It's a '76 KZ900.

Here's a link to the ad:
http://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/mcy/2096755588.html

No real good pics of the frame, though. Still waiting to hear back from the guy if it's even still available.

turbonate
01-07-2011, 12:16 PM
that's a tough call man, it looks like they just welded struts to the stock swingarm. the 900's are awesome bikes though with a lot of hop up parts available. i'd probably offer $1250 saying the frame looks dangerous and that you think you are going to have to pay someone to redo it ( yeah i know, it's just a negotiating tactic ). pm me your e mail and i'll send you some pics of a buddies kz900 that is bad to the bone.

motorlou
01-07-2011, 10:41 PM
i'd say 2000 is way the hell too much! nowadays you can find japs dime a dozen. if you are going to do a project with what you buy why don't you just get a cheap one and spend the difference you were going to pay to make it super nice to your liking? just my 2 cents,

ps. if you look at my pics you can see the bikes in there. with the exception of the harleys, all the bikes had a budget of less than 1500 including donor and mats.!!

turtlem1969
01-10-2011, 6:55 PM
the custom red bandanna wrapped around the forks has got to be worth at least $2.50