PDA

View Full Version : kz400 work

vonZOMBIE
01-04-2011, 7:39 PM
I need my kz400 properly hard-tailed and I'd also like to learn the process. Anybody in Columbus, Ohio patient enough to have someone lookover your shoulder or interested in doing the work?

Punkskalar
01-04-2011, 9:25 PM
Check out Vinny's KZ400 we built. Simple, fast, clean....

http://www.chopcult.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3231

All this was done with a torch to bend the tubing (I think???, we might have used the bender, can't remember) and a MIG welder. Vinny did all the work himself, I just supervised, drank beer, and gave him hell :D

vonZOMBIE
01-04-2011, 10:34 PM
yea, I saw that bike before I made my post and it's amazing. The reason I need it re-done is that the back end isn't centered so it looks a little scary. Also need it streched...:confused: that kz is one of the best i've ever seen though...

Vinny
01-07-2011, 9:06 PM
Hey I sent you a message about the Carb

Also the Back end on these things is not technically centered Mine was off slightly. Couldnt tell you how much but there is an offset there. Also if yours is set up like mine the slots in the axle plates are not the same size. The one on the sprocket side is larger.

I have been trying to come up with a good built at home frame jig but no luck so far- no necessity either as I havent found a project I want yet.

Thanks for the kind words by the way. I am gonna try to have mine back together soon if only to take some sweet pictures in the garage while it snows outside.