PDA

View Full Version : Elswick Cycles XS Dropseat Hardtail

irish6x
01-02-2011, 8:19 PM
Anyone have or know someone who has the Elswick Cycles XS650 dropseat weld-on hardtail? I like them because they're different than the normal hardtails. I'm planning on getting one, just wanted to see if anyone had some pros/cons about them or Elswick in general?

Puker
01-02-2011, 9:07 PM
I got one to put on my xs650. I will say that the welds were beautiful. His workmanship is tits. But... the backend I got was a tad screwed up. when looking from one axle plate to the other, the two were at least 5 degrees out of whack. I sent it back and he sent it to me again. it was better, but not perfect. The tubing is also a smaller diameter than stock xs frames so I though the transition looked funny. I ended up selling it on CL and building my own with some prefabbed axle plates.
It seems to me like I just got one of those one's that was fucked from the start. People seem to like his stuff and his welds are pretty damn smooth. If you can get one that is square and straight I would say it's worth it. But if you got a friend with a jig and a welder... build your own. Waaaaay more gratifying.

calicruiser
01-03-2011, 7:57 AM
yeah, nice welds only go so far when the thing is not straight! HE SHOULD HAVE MADE IT RIGHT FOR YOU!!! That sucks.

irish6x
01-03-2011, 6:42 PM
Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, I don't think I or anyone I run with has the means/skill to make it ourselves. You know of anyone else that makes a similar dropseat? Perhaps with the same size tubing? I just really like that look...sets it apart from all the normal TC bros hardtails..... thanks again.

jasonrenda
01-03-2011, 6:44 PM
get in touch with Dave at tanksbytigman.com. his work is as good as anyones and he doesnt rape you on price. good luck whichever way you go!

irish6x
01-06-2011, 12:36 PM
Cool, thanks again man.

Brandon
01-09-2011, 11:11 PM
check out Mike at www.47fab.com hes no to far from you in jersey and does amazing work. He also a member here

irish6x
01-11-2011, 6:42 PM
Thanks for the help.

deuceskinny
01-12-2011, 1:52 PM
Check this build out. I know he makes and sells them.

http://www.chopcult.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7077&highlight=murder

irish6x
01-14-2011, 7:30 PM
Damn that's REAL low...

ElswickCycles
01-17-2011, 10:29 PM
Just came across this thread so I thought I'd throw in my .02. We've built somewhere around 150 XS650 hardtails since we began building them. We have had one returned because it was not square (puker's hardtail) and we had a few complaints about the stock axles not fitting well in the axle plates. Both of these problems came up shortly we started building them and were corrected immediately. The problem with puker's hardtail not being square was caused by our welding / stress relieving procedure. We accepted it back , covered shipping charges both ways, and straightened it out. We would have replaced the complete hardtail but if I remember correctly, the seat tubes had already been modified and re-coped. It left our shop straight and square and I was never informed of any further problems with it. We stand behind our products and quality 100%. If there is any issue with our shop that you should be aware of I would say that it's lead time. We try our best to get things built and shipped out asap but with only three of us working here we do fall behind sometimes.

deadsled
02-12-2013, 9:19 AM
Yea I know why they only had one come back..because he never ships any out.if he built 150 he should ship them to to the people who paid for them

Jetblack
02-12-2013, 9:51 AM
Yea I know why they only had one come back..because he never ships any out.if he built 150 he should ship them to to the people who paid for them

Sounds like they just took your money and ran by your post, and not answering back your inquiries to rectify. If you've been burned by this company then by all means; add in detail what happened in dealing with them to the Shit List: http://www.chopcult.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4851&highlight=shit+list

Maybe they will rectify it ? I know people and companies don't like being listed there.

HWC
02-12-2013, 5:20 PM
chek out the "chop market" here dude

heres my lttle shop

http://www.chopcult.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6577

build u what ever frame u want

hb

wilkie
02-14-2013, 5:15 PM
Dont buy anything off Elswick cycles.I am still waiting for a battery box i paid for three years ago???

quickle650
02-14-2013, 5:23 PM
from my personal opinion id go with ardcore choppers. good guys to work with an amazing product

matttatts
02-14-2013, 8:47 PM
It was my first choice for our build but i could never get the guy on the phone and no call back and after awhile the message manager was full. Made me sad :'( went with a tcbros instead. Elswicks got the sexiest lookin tail around i figure....no homo....well maybey a lil bit homo

deadsled
02-16-2013, 6:59 PM
I ended up going with ardcore..they where behind and still had it here in 5 weeks.it was easy to do.i just moved seat bar back a little so I did not have a gap between seat and fender.i got 2 inch stretch though.and had to make spacers between rim and frame..other then that it Is a strong tel nice looking frame.holds a 20 shot of nitrous anyway.