PDA

View Full Version : New here......VT600C

skyjac
12-29-2010, 9:50 PM
Hey everyone. Been checking this forum out for a while now. Seems like a cool place to be. I'm Skyjac or Mike, whichever you prefer. Been riding for about 4 years now. Ride a 92 Honda VT600C or "VLX". It was a gift from my brother, and I haven't stopped thanking him yet.

Chopped it up a bit over this past winter, and like the direction it's heading in.

Lookin' forward to hanging 'round.

84bobber
12-29-2010, 11:11 PM
Welcome to the Cult, I ride a 84 VT500C. I guess it's not all that different than your VLX, the Shadow's make good bikes for bobbers, and they seem to be plentiful.

Jason

skyjac
12-30-2010, 6:08 AM
Thanks for the welcome. Yeah, my buddy is picking up a VLX tomorrow, and we're gonna' chop it over the next few months. Got to do something in the winter, right?

forty4ma9
12-30-2010, 7:13 PM
Welcome. The VLX seems like a platform that really starts to shine with a few mods. I've seen ones that look great. I have them on my list of bikes to watch for a project.

Got any pictures of yours?

84bobber
12-30-2010, 7:46 PM
Thanks for the welcome. Yeah, my buddy is picking up a VLX tomorrow, and we're gonna' chop it over the next few months. Got to do something in the winter, right?

No problem. True that, I'm planning on getting a few things done before spring hits

Jason

skyjac
12-31-2010, 5:08 AM
Welcome. The VLX seems like a platform that really starts to shine with a few mods. I've seen ones that look great. I have them on my list of bikes to watch for a project.

Got any pictures of yours? Got a couple of pics in my profile album. Here's a photobucket link to my build pics, et cetera.

http://s681.photobucket.com/albums/vv172/92vlx600c/The%20VLX%20Transformation/

http://s681.photobucket.com/albums/vv172/92vlx600c/Long%20Time%20Coming%202010/

forty4ma9
12-31-2010, 10:43 AM
Your bike looks great. Normally diamond tread looks hideous on bikes to me but you've keep it tasteful and the work looks really clean. As with any bike there are things I would do different but it looks so much cooler than stock.

skyjac
12-31-2010, 10:57 AM
Your bike looks great. Normally diamond tread looks hideous on bikes to me but you've keep it tasteful and the work looks really clean. As with any bike there are things I would do different but it looks so much cooler than stock.

Thanks a lot for the comps. Eventually, the side covers will be gone all together. I'm rewiring this winter, and I'm gonna' put all the electrical in a box or bag under the seat and open up the space. I'm also getting ready to put some 10" z-bars on. Will have coke bottle grips, and a HD single cable throttle housing that's been tapped to fit a Honda cable. Moving all the switchbox stuff off of the bars (kill, start, lights, etcetera). Also, the stock airbox is going bye bye. I have some Kajima velocity stacks going on as soon as I can score some garage space to yank the carbs. That's the plans for the winter.

In the long run, I eventually will slap a springer front end on. I'm also toying with cutting the frame and swingarm and welding them to make a rigid frame. I've seen a few guys do this, but I still have some concerns to clear up before I start hackin' on my frame.

TJBC
01-10-2011, 3:59 PM
HEY HEY HEY! Skyjac! Whats up buddy! good to see ya on the CC!

kingdeadbeat
01-10-2011, 11:28 PM

Hey Styles...you still got any of them throttles for a vlx that you were drillin and tappin???

skyjac
01-11-2011, 7:50 PM

Yo TJ! Good to be here mang.

TJBC
02-17-2011, 7:40 PM
whoa danny, i totally effing missed this reply.... yes i have them throttle assemblies. im lookin into getting them powder coated too! hit me up on the cell when you get a chance.

skyjac
03-11-2011, 6:12 AM
Yanked the stock airbox off a few weeks back, and put Kajima velocity stacks on the carbs. Rejetted with 125 mains, and mixture screws about 2.5 turns out. Running like a champ! So glad to have that cancerous lump of an airbox gone. Bye bye plastic parts.

Picture thread here
http://s681.photobucket.com/albums/vv172/92vlx600c/Airbox%20Removal%20-%20Velocity%20Stacks/