PDA

View Full Version : Anyone put a pillion pad on their bobber/chopper?

melville
12-29-2010, 6:46 PM
I'm finishing the paint up on my 81 Honda CM400 Bobber and want to put a pillion pad on the back fender so I can double. I expect it won't be the smoothest ride since I made it a hardtail, but does anyone have advice or experience with this? Is it unbearable for passengers to ride?

number1son
12-29-2010, 7:29 PM
If you ask my wife she'd say yes.

Allegedlly,other's had no problem.It's like watching your favorite movie when your first going out with a chick they pretend to be in to shit you like,soon as they get their claws into to you anything you like is "stupid".

84bobber
12-29-2010, 8:15 PM
If you ask my wife she'd say yes.

Allegedlly,other's had no problem.It's like watching your favorite movie when your first going out with a chick they pretend to be in to shit you like,soon as they get their claws into to you anything you like is "stupid".

Truer words were never spoken, but to keep it on topic: According to some others it's pretty bad on the back

skyjac
12-29-2010, 9:54 PM
Hardtailed mine, and put a pad on the rear fender. My wife refuses to ride there, but I take my kids for rides all the time. They never complain, so it can't be too bad.

kraznos
12-31-2010, 4:46 AM
hardtail? or just put a solid strut where your mono shock was.

skyjac
12-31-2010, 5:02 AM
Hardtail strut in place of the shock. Didn't make my frame a full on rigid..........yet......

psychoticbiker
12-31-2010, 7:30 AM
I have done what you are planing to do to your bike. Mine is a 1978 CB400. I put rear struts cut the rear seat mount and installed a 5 inch wide fender on it. Here are some pictures of the mock up.

CMA406
01-02-2011, 3:22 PM
its fine, tell your ol lady to quit bein a pussy if she complains. plus, its a good judge of character if you ever meet a new girl and she wants a ride...

Prairie
01-04-2011, 7:10 AM
No springs under your ass at all - and on the edge, not the middle of the bike - the ride is going to be awful. CMA406 is a dick head. Going slowly around the neighborhood with kids is one thing but if you like her spine at all, I wouldn't go very far or fast. And hopefully you live somewhere where there is no snow. In Minnesota, you'd drive her spine right through going through our potholes.

wllgmr
01-06-2011, 9:32 AM
here's one

http://i569.photobucket.com/albums/ss138/wllgmr/1524.jpg