PDA

View Full Version : Iv'e got a question

Lowie
12-28-2010, 3:00 AM
I m building a hardtailed 66 t120, the bike is a bit of a bitza ,with a few different year models thrown in ,but, one thing has got me stumped,the valve inspection covers are like the ones on a 750 but they only have four bolts holding them on and not four bolts and two screws I have not seen the same on any other trumps (maybe I havent looked hard enough) so what gives ?On the flange of the barrels there is a stamp E 6305. I have just about finished cutting and welding so I will be stripping the bike soon to finish it off and I will pull the head off it to see if its is still a 650 or a 650 with a 750 top end , I'm just hoping somebody out there knows what year model those covers are off as I have only seen 750s with the four bolt and two screws not just the bolts that I've got.I took the covers off to see if there were holes for the screws ,but there wasn't.Yeah I know a photo would be handy and so would a camera thats not broken,see ya Lowie

image1
12-28-2010, 7:49 AM
later model 650 (71-72)

LinkBelt
12-28-2010, 2:52 PM
I'm not quite sure what your talking about but maybe I'm in the right ballpark here. The four bolts that you can see from the top of the motor in the rocker boxes are to mount them there should be four studs with nuts on the front side underneath the front and rear of the head. The two screws in the top of each rocker box were just for rocker cap locks. Some ppl machine the places where the screws go to clean up the look of the rocker boxes. Just put a drop of Loctight on the caps you should be good.

Speedfiend
12-28-2010, 4:33 PM
My parts manual shows them (4 bolt rocker covers) for '72 '73.

The 71's where the best looking rockers. They still had the 4 screw on covers, but they have the little ports on the sides for valve adjustment.

By 74 they'd added the extra 2 holes to the plate cover.

Lowie
12-28-2010, 7:22 PM
Thanks for the info,I think you are right,the head could be off a late model 650 ,there aren't to many of them around here out where I live, which is probably why I haven't seen one the same.The bottom end of the motor is a 66 t120 the front end is a 69 the front loop of the frame is a mid sixties 6t,the hardtail is a David Bird, with a 4" stretch and 2 " drop,its a well made piece and makes my welding look like shit,I hope a photo is going to be on here, see ya Lowie My computer skills are like my welding,how do I get the photo on here? http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/zz252/tillydogphotos/christmastime012.jpg

image1
12-29-2010, 7:57 AM
http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/zz252/tillydogphotos/christmastime012.jpg

Lowie
12-29-2010, 2:21 PM
Thanks, mate, must be the photograffic version of electrickary, how did you do it?