PDA

View Full Version : triumph oil line routing ???

panmaster
12-26-2010, 4:54 PM
i have a 78 triumph with out any oil lines on it , which is the feed connection and which is the return ? :killerjob:

TRUMPNUT
12-26-2010, 6:36 PM
Well I'm not going to flat out tell you but on your oil pump the Large Dai. plunger is the return so if you take off the pump to prime it the just spray some air in and see which goes to which

Torch
12-26-2010, 10:58 PM
the 78 is like all unit Triumphs the front pipe is the feed and rear is the return. it gets a little confusing when the wrap around sideways but just follow it up, if it is the line closest to the front of the motorcycle it is the feed line.
and just in case, the feed line comes from the bottom of the oil tank / backbone tube.

panmaster
12-27-2010, 4:47 PM
thanks for the help !!

bhead1968
12-28-2010, 11:28 AM
i have a 78 triumph with out any oil lines on it , which is the feed connection and which is the return ? :killerjob:

front feed rear return...say it 20 times... and you'll remember... also i used clear (braided) hose just to be sure my oil was flowing correctly. But I digress...Tony IS the man, just so you know.

CRFyou
12-28-2010, 12:58 PM
Well I'm not going to flat out tell you but on your oil pump the Large Dai. plunger is the return so if you take off the pump to prime it the just spray some air in and see which goes to which

hahaha

this is the Dad answer.