PDA

View Full Version : Who else is joining in from the UK????

cafcustoms
08-01-2009, 6:57 PM
Who else is out here in the UK then??? And Hi to our US cousins.

I'm on the Edge of the Forest of Dean In Gloucestershire. Main ride is a Buell XB1200s, Building this little beauty in my compact and bejou garage!! - well it's quite a big garage really it's just full of other bikes and shit!!!

'85 Ironhead, 23" front wheel, Purple metalflake Le Pera seat, Homemade gimps, int. throttle, homemade hardtail+3http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q60/bigusnickus/P1020830.jpg

Waiting for the sun to shine!!!!!! so that I can take some up to date pics( if u live in the UK you'll know exactly what I mean..... Don't it piss u right off!!!????)

This week fitted Brass headlight, Elswick Cycles oiltank and partly finnished homemade sissy.

Tell us all who u are and where u all are then.

Nick
CafCustoms

73Harley
08-02-2009, 2:39 PM
Yeah there are a couple of us from the UK, im in the East Midlands, I hope that this site doesn't go the same way as the JJ as I noticed not many replies if you mentioned you where from the UK. Mind you that said wasn't the nicest of forum atmospheres as most of the posters seemed a bit up their own arses..

sumo
08-02-2009, 4:34 PM
i dont think its going any way.... less people from over here so less people specifically answer - dont get hung up on it

there will be a number from uk but its not an us and them thing. just remember its a US based thing so the majority of users will by its nature be from over there - some of them really arent too bad when you get to know them :)

im near luton myself. - so its raining - get wet... at least its fairly warm. if you dont ride in in the rain over here yo might as well not have a bike eh..

73Harley
08-03-2009, 2:13 AM
hey Sumo hows you? Hows the drag bike coming along?

sumo
08-03-2009, 2:21 AM
eyup marek - its getting there - hammering on the trike first though - want that done and dusted asap

you coming on the tipple run this year?

73Harley
08-03-2009, 4:36 AM
Hiya Sumo, if I can get my HD ready in time I'm gonna want to ride the crap out of it as much as possible as I am bikeless at present. I was hoping to get the bike finished for the Bulldog but those plans are now down the swanny, fingers crossed about the Tipple.

sumo
08-03-2009, 4:41 AM
the one neil was building frame for last time i was up there? youve got another month - crack too and youre in with a chance

73Harley
08-03-2009, 8:29 AM
thats the one, you don't know what's happened with the motor since a certain someone got their f'in paws on it, not a happy camper!!! But fingers crossed all should go well. Ah I need you to get a matt black lid for the flid here in Leicester lol...give me a shout when you have stock again..cheers ma man..

sumo
08-03-2009, 5:02 PM
have you still got the enfied you just finished off?

do the tipple on that unless ou have had to offload it - its not like speeds an issue

Hobbofett
08-11-2009, 12:11 PM
Ello all you fellow UK people.

wurzel
08-30-2009, 6:59 AM
Hello from Somerset,

Yes it's f**king raining here as well !

slapper
08-31-2009, 1:35 AM
Hi from Surrey, no rain so far. Isn't it supposed to be a corker today? Am still running in my bike so need to put some miles on it. But so far running great and no issues. Fitted a Licks Cycles solo bag to it. Sweet design. Will post some pics later.

ogri
10-07-2009, 1:36 AM
Hi mate, just joined - Chris in London here. Nice looking sportster chop you have there, any progress pics ?

alfonso
10-11-2009, 12:44 PM
Now then. A geordie in Ripon here. Good to have somewhere to post up and not feel like you just shit in the punch bowl when you mention you're a brit.... I think?

ChoppyGee
10-12-2009, 10:36 PM
Hey boys me and my girl will be skipping the pond in April to come see what its all about over there. Is the weather going to be complete shit around then? Also do you know of any decent places to rent a bike in either the Liverpool or Essex Areas?

alfonso
10-13-2009, 12:08 AM
WOW! Essex annnnd Liverpool too! You're going to see the real UK.
Weather will be like a penguin's pocket. Cold and wet.
But as you're from Chicago area you'll think it's fuck all. I was there last Christmas and my snot froze.
Bike rental is rare. But you might find something around the Essex / London area. Won't be cheap...

Halwade
10-13-2009, 12:10 AM
OT, hey alfonso, is that Charles Bukowski on your avatar? My second favorite writer...

sumo
10-13-2009, 12:46 AM
april - might be ok. should be warmish by then but expect rain. [i live down south now - only 200 miles distance but a different climate - half a season further forwards]

motorbike rental is dear down here yep. but available. ill have a see what i can see when i get a minute - email me if i forget

ill also ask a friend up in liverpool where to rent round there.

what you coming over for? and how long

ChoppyGee
10-13-2009, 12:51 AM
Thanks Gents! appreciate it. Perhaps riding won't be in the cards :/ My girl has friends over there that we're going to visit and I've just always wanted to come over and wonder around a bit. we're not yet sure how long we'll stay i think that will definitely depend on financial resources at that time but we're shooting for at least a week. I really want to skip over to the Isle of man, just to say I have ,not sure how possible that is. Thanks again!

alfonso
10-13-2009, 1:04 AM
Hey Halwade. Indeed, it is. My favourite writer and sage. If he's your second I have to read your first...

alfonso
10-13-2009, 1:11 AM
i live down south now - only 200 miles distance but a different climate - half a season further forwards
Yeah, the sunny wine regions of London town.... hehe.

sumo
10-13-2009, 7:46 AM
yep - its all the shit and pollution in the air that does it. id rather live back up north but works down here so thats where i stay for now.

bike hire:

cheapest i can find round liverpool - 45 a day for a cb500

http://www.erento.co.uk/hire/vehicles-boats-aircraft/motorbikes-trikes-quads/motorbike/8589765741.html?sort=rank&land=8&plz=L7+0&plzList=L7+0

same for london through that site.

you get a bike for a couple of days leave the mrs visiting friends - win win

isle of mann might be a bit optimistic if you are only here for a week

ferry you need is: Isle of Man Steam Packet Company

think its about 50 ish but on the plus side theres a ferry out from liverpool for you - takes abut 3 hours or so. youd have to check with a rental company about taking their bike over there though

alfonso
10-13-2009, 7:52 AM
Yeah. There's probably a specific clause written into UK rental contracts about taking bikes to the Isle of Man!!
Did the London thing for 10 years. Man was I glad to get back up North... Not shit talking the south. Just London. Nice place to visit...

ChoppyGee
10-13-2009, 11:49 AM
Thanks gents Appreciate your help loads!

sumo
10-13-2009, 3:30 PM
Not shit talking the south. Just London. Nice place to visit...

exactly - but theres a job here and not back up home so i cant grumble too loud. but its why i live 35 miles out of london and ride in all year - crappy rainy cold winter riding is the cost of not living in london for me - bloody bargain i say

mukit
11-01-2013, 12:38 PM
hi peeps names troggy live in surrey, stockbroker belt country but non live down my road lol 1988 fxr my personal money pit :D

whisky
11-01-2013, 1:25 PM
Near Belfast here, it's bloody cold. Listening to Stiff Little Fingers (CD) in my garage...

Bobski
11-01-2013, 1:58 PM
Hi guys, was from the UK now in New Zealand. Sumo where near Luton are you, I used to live in Dunstable. Not a bad part of the world, Whiskey I worked for 3 in Belfast for a couple of years and NI is still one of my favourite places in the world.

Rob

ARBY
11-02-2013, 11:31 AM
Shouldn't this be in the Brolodex? I'm just sayin'.

calv
11-02-2013, 11:45 AM
I check on here every day, tech section is great and the junkpile's my favourite.

Sumo made me some great threaded top hat bungs at a good price, before that I was having to order from lowbrow.

I'm in Devon near Exeter

Fozzy
11-02-2013, 12:14 PM
Shouldn't this be in the Brolodex? I'm just sayin'.

Stop acting fancy a nancy longing for a trouser snake, Arby.

Piney
11-03-2013, 11:52 AM
Geordie over here, from cold rainy Newcastle Upon Tyne haha

sumo
11-05-2013, 11:54 AM
I check on here every day, tech section is great and the junkpile's my favourite.

Sumo made me some great threaded top hat bungs at a good price, before that I was having to order from lowbrow.

I'm in Devon near Exeter

cheers

im not in dunstable any more. i moved back up north about 4 months back. doing VintageChop full time

im up in huddersfield now

Rubman
11-05-2013, 12:55 PM
Not me, because everyone in the UK is queer.

*Cue "God Bless America"*

*Walks out of thread.*

littlebilly
11-05-2013, 4:40 PM
Lurkin fer a few years,still tryin t figure out how t change my avatar t somethin more errr,macho.somethin more,hebden bridge sumo.

sumo
11-06-2013, 12:38 PM
thats very hebden bridge :)

iain
11-07-2013, 4:01 PM
your all complaining about the rain? I'm from scotland and done my bike test in the snow! got my first big bike in january, 883 sporster iron then traded it back in 2 months later for a new dyna street bob.

ARBY
11-07-2013, 4:53 PM
Stop acting fancy a nancy longing for a trouser snake, Arby.

Well shouldn't it? Huh?

estevefr
11-08-2013, 11:52 AM
hi guys does France uk count? formerly from Wolverhampton and Halifax {very near to Hebden Bridge]now in the southern part of France been on here a while had a lot of help with problems ?but beware we are under attack seems to be another thread taking the piss out of our Britishness

littlebilly
11-09-2013, 11:03 AM
Mmmm "britishness" mebe,but defiantly not english,am a yorkshireman.

Markosolo
08-31-2016, 5:17 AM
I know it's been a while since a reply on this thread, but I'm in London (the smoke). I ride a dirty, customish sporty around rallies and usually a Europe trip once a year, just rode the Faro rally. Next year I'm off the states and Mexico.