PDA

View Full Version : solo seat for an xs with a 4 inch stretch

section8joe
12-14-2010, 10:15 PM
What size solo seat would be best for my xs? I have a bird hardtail with a 4 inch stretch. I'm going to be running mids and I need to decide on a seat. I really like the biltwell but the west eagle has more or a lip on the back to keep my ass in place. I'm looking at the La Rosa ones too. If I get a larger seat(16 or 17inch)will I have a smaller gap between my fender and seat or will the back of the seat be in the same place and the front of the seat be closer to the tank. I do not want to much of a gap between the rear fender and the back of my seat. I also don't want to run tall springs to keep my ass from falling off the back of the seat.

rusjack
12-14-2010, 10:41 PM
make a cardboard cut out the size and shape you want. Figure in size of the bracket, spring spacing and height, etc. and play with it until you're happy. Then find a seat that is similar in length / shape of what you want.

Or, do what a lot of people here do and take that cardboard, trace it onto a chunk of sheet metal and cut it out, and bend by hand. Add in some foam, and take it to an upholstery shop.... you'll get what you want, at a fraction of the price.

hutchings
12-14-2010, 11:54 PM
Quality good looking seats... Worth the money, hit up chris at www.redtailleather.com

rusjack
12-15-2010, 12:45 AM
That dude needs some grammar + spelling help