PDA

View Full Version : top end oil feed

Gonzo151p
12-14-2010, 5:35 PM
ha sanyone ever thought of or tried making the oil feed for the top end come out where the oil pressure sending unit hole is? i mean if you use a small enough diameter line so it only takes a little pressure away from the feed for the bottom end because if you think about it it will hit a restriction of sorts when the oil gets to the rockers because of the space between the shaft and the rockerarm that it has to get forced thrugh. the feed hole for the rockers is relatively small any way. just a thought. :confused::banghead:

TRUMPNUT
12-14-2010, 8:24 PM
I would think you might get to much supply and fill the push rod tubes with oil because they can only drain so good . Besides I would like less chance to lose oil prease to the crank as possible . It would suck if the line came loose while you were blasting down the highway !

CRFyou
12-15-2010, 1:02 AM
I would think you might get to much supply and fill the push rod tubes with oil because they can only drain so good . Besides I would like less chance to lose oil prease to the crank as possible . It would suck if the line came loose while you were blasting down the highway !

x2 on the push rod tube draining. they drain way too slow for that much oil.

TheLakewoodKid2
12-15-2010, 8:55 AM
I have a motor in the shop that a previous owner re-routed the oil pressure sender feed to the rockers because they thought that the rockers were to noisy it fixed the noisy rockers but also seized the bottom end

Gonzo151p
12-18-2010, 7:02 PM
sorry to take so long to reply computer went down. anyways i didnt even think about the return through the tappets, thanks for everyones imput. ill just leave well enough alone. they seem to go on for along time with the oil the rockers get from the feed.:cheersmate: