PDA

View Full Version : Who here Rebuild/Restors BSA motors...suggestions

DeLaHabitual
12-05-2010, 4:45 PM
I live in Po-dunk Louisiana and there are few people who have even heard of a BSA. Due to time restrictions (JOB, Family , School) for the next few months I will not have the time I need to get it road worthy. Who here is in the business of rebuilding and restoring British motors.

Semper Fi,
Habitual

DeLaHabitual
12-05-2010, 4:54 PM
I see Garage Co. Customs services bikes. Any feedback .

CMA406
12-05-2010, 5:43 PM
im sure wes at 4aces would do it, i would reccomend him as he just did all my machine work, and he works fast, easy to deal with, and really helpful....

DeLaHabitual
12-05-2010, 6:28 PM
thanks bro ill check him out

tat2bugz
12-06-2010, 3:43 PM
bsa motors are not rocket science.....power, gas, fire....gotta have it to make them run...ive built many bsa motors...and learned hands on by gathering as much info as possible on each scenario....the fallas at rask cycle in evans city,pa are great...and mr raber at raber speed shop in cali....are the absolute best two ive dealt with...there are others...the trick with bsa is clean it well.....follow torque specs and buy a great set of witworth sockets and box ends.....happy wrenching

battleborn
12-07-2010, 11:52 AM
I'd recommend Trumpnut. I'm getting all my Triumph Pre-Unit parts from him, and he's helping me do the engine and transmission rebuild (and by help I mean show me how to do it).

In any case, he is an expert on anything British and an expert on machining parts as well - so if your rebuild needs a new part that isn't available, he can probably make it. I was at his shop yesterday and he was showing me a BSA that he just finished rebuilding. Top quality work.

His website:

http://www.trumpnut.com

Blacktopbandit
12-07-2010, 12:21 PM
I agree with Tat2, do it yourself. Take as long as it takes and wrench away. You'll appreciate it a hell of a lot more and be able to sort it out if and when it craps out on you on a run. Its well worth the wait.

battleborn
12-07-2010, 5:56 PM
I like to do as much work as possible myself, but most of us (with some notable exceptions) need a hand with some part of the build. It helps to have an expert on your side.

guschambers
12-08-2010, 8:39 AM
ya, i agree with tat2bugz as well. you can definitely do it yourself. obviously, do your research. read alot, and ask a million questions. I did. It feels great.

DeLaHabitual
12-08-2010, 8:59 PM
Thanks guys. Called Wes at 4 Aces and he hooked me up with a cat who works on them locally. Thanks for the help and a big thanks to Wes. Cool guy and he went out of his way to help.

Semper Fi,
Habitual

CMA406
12-08-2010, 11:46 PM
Thanks guys. Called Wes at 4 Aces and he hooked me up with a cat who works on them locally. Thanks for the help and a big thanks to Wes. Cool guy and he went out of his way to help.

Semper Fi,
Habitual

good deal man, and wes is rad, never pushes his personal sales and gives you an unbiased view...
cheers:)