PDA

View Full Version : rollin chassis done for now!

OlSkewlTrump
12-01-2010, 1:03 AM
next step is tign all my shitty arc welds, then paint job. I love my orginal wheel on the front with the springer, but if I had the cash id get a mini spool, but brakes are nice.

I need an opinion on what fender to use, i have the boat trailor fender that i think looks chunky but the guys at school are givin me shit about usin a front fender for the back. I know it doesnt totally fit the radius of the tire but its close and with a little work she will. i think it looks more streamline with the front fender.

Its nice that even with my cheap springer and all I can pick up the bike and put it in the back of my truck all assembled by myself. Im only 125ilbs and 5'7 so thats good. throw the 666 cc twin with a good 60-70 horse and it will way about 200 pounds all together and me thats 300 give or take some, plus 60-70 horse, man shes goin to fly.

I like advice, this is my first build and im poor on a no cash all scrap budget build

you like my risers? old connecting rods I found in my scrap pile of treasures.

Olskewl:cheersmate:

image1
12-01-2010, 7:46 AM
60-70 horse and it will way about 200 pounds all together

i'm not sure what you're smoking, but your figures are waaaaaaaay off, unless you are doing some MAJOR work on both performance and weight.

CMA406
12-01-2010, 10:53 AM
i find 200 pounds all together really hard to believe....considering a unit engine is roughly 130 alone....

OlSkewlTrump
12-01-2010, 12:31 PM
well maybe 250 max. frame: 30, front end: 40, wheels 30 max, well thats about 100 lbs. So wake up and smell the coffee. I said engine was ruffly a 100 pounds, give or take 20 pounds, it weighs as much as I do. SO ALL-TOGETHER I HAVE A 200-250 lbs BIKE.

umm and as for the power, it was stock with 50 give or take 1 or 2, the engine is at a machine shop having a 5 ANGLE VALVE JOB, awesome PORT AND POLISH, ALL OIL ORFICES WILL BE OPEND A TAD, SO ON AND SO FORTH WITH ALL THE OTHER GOODIES I BOUGHT? ya ID SAY SOME MAJOR WORK FOR SURE.

WELL THANKS FOR THE ADVICE .

CMA406
12-01-2010, 12:46 PM
so a valve job and bolt on shit you bought are going to give you 20 horsepower? sure.... and both your wheels with rubber on em do not way 30 pounds, mabye on the girls locker room scale....

image1
12-01-2010, 1:01 PM
there is nothing major about the work you have mentioned. that is all stock stuff more or less. It takes a lot of work to get 60 let alone 70 hp.

Manufacturer Triumph Engineering Co Ltd
Production 1959–1983
Predecessor TR6 Trophy
Engine Four-stroke Parallel-twin
Power 46 bhp (34 kW) @ 6,500 rpm (T120)
Transmission 4-speed (later 5-speed)
Wheelbase 55.75 in (1416.1 mm)
Weight 395 lb (179 kg) (dry)

ALL OIL ORFICES WILL BE OPEND A TAD
does this machine shop regularly work on triumphs?

OlSkewlTrump
12-01-2010, 1:39 PM
bikes and other air cooled engines along with race engines for circle track a n b mod so on so forth, my boss has built many brithish twins. he owns a totatlly stock tt.

my engine is 40 over with 11:1 pistons there bud. I dont want to sound like a dick like you guys do with your know it all bullshit, but were going for 60-70 horse and it will have a small shot of nitro, and will be able to run on a mixture of things. So if you know anything about building engines take this as a hint that its in really good hands and wont have a long life expectency, but will be very well tolerenced and only the best of grade bearings chains bushings etc will be used. I will be using thermal rejection coatings in the cyclinder head along with rebuilding the cams for more duration and a tad more lift so on and so forth. everything that can be lightend up will be, everything that can be modified and lightened will be. ITS IN GOOD HANDS. MINE and my BOSS's who has set a SALT FLAT RECORD witha 67 malibu with a 3208 cat blown on nitromethane. ITS GOING TO BE WELL IN TO 60 horse. He has his own cams ground through comp cams. I have scene this guy in pictures hangin with mickey thompson and some other legends . So go pull some more cum out of your face and blow it all over your key bored trying to proove your some bad ass no it all. ALL I ASKED WASS FOR YOUR ADVICE NOT YOUR CRITISZM. Im going to school for mechanical engeering also.

CMA406
12-01-2010, 1:53 PM
bikes and other air cooled engines along with race engines for circle track a n b mod so on so forth, my boss has built many brithish twins. he owns a totatlly stock tt.

my engine is 40 over with 11:1 pistons there bud. I dont want to sound like a dick like you guys do with your know it all bullshit, but were going for 60-70 horse and it will have a small shot of nitro, and will be able to run on a mixture of things. So if you know anything about building engines take this as a hint that its in really good hands and wont have a long life expectency, but will be very well tolerenced and only the best of grade bearings chains bushings etc will be used. I will be using thermal rejection coatings in the cyclinder head along with rebuilding the cams for more duration and a tad more lift so on and so forth. everything that can be lightend up will be, everything that can be modified and lightened will be. ITS IN GOOD HANDS. MINE and my BOSS's who has set a SALT FLAT RECORD witha 67 malibu with a 3208 cat blown on nitromethane. ITS GOING TO BE WELL IN TO 60 horse. He has his own cams ground through comp cams. I have scene this guy in pictures hangin with mickey thompson and some other legends . So go pull some more cum out of your face and blow it all over your key bored trying to proove your some bad ass no it all. ALL I ASKED WASS FOR YOUR ADVICE NOT YOUR CRITISZM. Im going to school for mechanical engeering also.

lol, and i really feel that the PM you sent me is too good to keep to myself...

"as for engine building I know more about tolerences, thermal rejection coatings, manufacturing my own cams via cnc so on, and on, and on and so forth so as politley as I can say "GO FUCK YOURSELF" and "MINE IS GOING TO BE MUCH FASTER THAN YOUR CRAPPY RIP OFF YAHMAHA" hmm. how did you like those apples. I ASKED FOR YOUR ADVICE COCK SNOT, NOT YOUR CRITSCZM"

never said i knew it all man, and if you are so godly in the ways of engine/motorcycle fabrication, why would you want advice from some chump like me? sounds like you got this shit figured out...

OlSkewlTrump
12-01-2010, 4:20 PM
wow you guys are really fun. so much better than everyone else. Well I have better things to do than sit here and argue with you. Like go play on a bridgeport cnc.

Its my bike, I wanted some advice from some expeirenced bike builders and what I got was a start of a stupid over the web argument. I think Im going in the right direction.

CMA406
12-01-2010, 5:58 PM
Well I have better things to do than sit here and argue with you. Like send PMs about wieners, cum, and how rad i am to other members on CC.

fixed it for you....

Grashopr
12-01-2010, 10:44 PM
I really like the risers! What is the internal diameter of those rods, and what are they off of?

Not to get into your guys' pissing match, but I agree that getting 20 more hp out of one of these motors that was making in the 40's to start with is going to take some serious laying of hands on the internals. You're talking about between 28 and 49% more power than stock. I've built a few motors, and finding 10% more power is pretty easy. Going beyond 15% requires someone with some time on a dyno and a flow bench. Beyond 15% you are giving up reliability for fun. And if you can get it to live at 20% (56-ish at the wheel), you've got a lot of violence going on in one of these packages.

More power to you if you can hit 60-70. I'll buy you a beer if I can see the dyno sheet.

:cheersmate:

Gepetto
12-01-2010, 10:56 PM
This thread is fucking awesome!!
I guess ALL of us have alot to learn!! Fuck what factory engineers and racing development did with all their years of research and money pumped into making bikes faster.
And when the stock speedo bounces between 150 and 120 you've got to be doing 130 right?
Now I guess we all can chug cum and play with each other and see how this all plays out!

OlSkewlTrump
12-01-2010, 11:46 PM
the rods were out off a diesel 3 cylinder. The crank journals are 1.46 ish, my bars are .88 or 7/8s, so i had to make some bushings of course.

as for the engine its a soar subject, but yes, there is a dynometer, there is a flow bench not its really needed my machinst pushing 70 and very good at what he does, hes a retired professer from phenoix, and has a salt flat record that hasnt been broken in a diesel yet, in his class anyways. I guess you get to a point wear you just know what the fuck is going on. his plans for my engine are awesome. i have a bunch of engines of mine down there along with the twin, a 1957 283 vette block with great concentricity bored and has a steel forged 327 crank in it with 305 h.o 58c.c heads on it and offenhauser 3 duece intake, and a L79 375 horse 327 cam in it hydralic of course. I got bored with that and bought a 1960 348. then he and i just got done with a sns 124 ci we did a buch off reworking for a freind, same old stuff.

for you guys that dont get to hang out with cool old hippies that build engines and machine and teach you, Im sorry. i guess im lucky and its hard for you to beleive, but tis all true. im just ramblin.

imagine this, a 3208 cat off shore marine engine blown on nitro methan in a 1967 chevelle? thats one of his cars. The engineers at caterpillar didnt beleive it and had to come look at the damm thing. hes building my 666 c.c evil twin as I call her. theres so much I could say, but his advice would be to shut the fuck up and get back to what your doing. If its from stew its better than new.

OlSkewlTrump
12-05-2010, 7:01 PM
makin progress. sittin in the machine shop looks cool. made spacers for risers or bushings" trying to fab some sissy bar clamps, there in the sissy clamps thread but gave up on them to big and to strong and way to heavy, dont know what I was thinking, have a much simpler and easier way to fix that problem. thats one side of my hand painted oil tank. cheers!9523

LinkBelt
12-05-2010, 7:08 PM
Either your full of shit or you know what you are talking about. I think I will subscribe to this thread and see which one. Best of luck Man.

CMA406
12-05-2010, 7:20 PM
whatever you do, leave those streamers/tassles on the bars....

milehigh
12-07-2010, 1:14 PM
Mad props on the tassles. They are definately the way to make a bike awsome and clean.

OlSkewlTrump
12-07-2010, 10:45 PM
tassels girl bought me at a bike swap i took her and some freinds too. Sheed kill me if I took them off. I think there kinda 70's though and thats the look Im going for. The girls at school dig em. Thats what matters, not what my freinds think, just girls, lol!

nick187
12-18-2010, 2:33 PM
i usually just lurk around on here but i felt the need to pop my cc post cherry after reading this.

tassels girl bought me at a bike swap i took her and some freinds too. Sheed kill me if I took them off. I think there kinda 70's though and thats the look Im going for. The girls at school dig em. Thats what matters, not what my freinds think, just girls, lol!

the girls at school like them because they remind them of the tassles they had on their barbie bikes when they were 6 years old. no one is going to fuck you because you have some rad tassles.

LinkBelt
12-19-2010, 10:15 AM
Hmm, It's hard to believe that someone who has such a motor guru and machinest working on his bad ass nitro blowen, dyno tested, with flow bench read outs Triumph 650 motor needs to barrow a cam gear puller. There not that expensive you could probably pick one up for what you payed for your Barbie tassels. Oh yeah since you got Barbie tassels on it why don't you put a banana seat on it and paint it pink. :confused:

number1son
12-19-2010, 10:47 AM
I believe there are some sort of alchemic reactions at work with the tassels that will cause the horsepower increase.
I assume that the tassels he's using as well as all the tassels ever to exist were tasseled by the devil himself.The girl story is a cover so that none of us will figure his secret's out. The O.P. already know's all there is to know in the world,and because of this, he would surely know such capabilities of tassels infused with the power of the fallen one.Once you realize this, you see he was so overcome by his own awsomeness, that he had to share what he was doing so that us the little people could bask in his glory for a small bit of time .It's like Brad Pitt going to help Hurracane Katrina victims it's a small way for him to give back.

Just so everyone know's the Clutch and Brake lever tassels have even more satanic power's then the ones that plug into the grip's.Which is why I am going to run them on my bike and expect to produce over one hundred and fifty horspower on my stock eighty inch evolution engine.
WE NOW RETURN YOU TO YOUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED INTERNET FIGHT!

CMA406
12-19-2010, 1:09 PM
Hmm, It's hard to believe that someone who has such a motor guru and machinest working on his bad ass nitro blowen, dyno tested, with flow bench read outs Triumph 650 motor needs to barrow a cam gear puller. There not that expensive you could probably pick one up for what you payed for your Barbie tassels. Oh yeah since you got Barbie tassels on it why don't you put a banana seat on it and paint it pink. :confused:

lol no shit, so the legendary guy who is punchin out your motor and giving it 70 hp doesnt have a cam gear puller??

OlSkewlTrump
12-20-2010, 9:58 PM
hahaha you guys are fucking halirous, i cant help but smile. No i ended up threading some pipe with a boring bar to make the cam gear puller no big deal. just thought some one would be able to borow me one instead having to spend a good few hours in the shop on the lathe etc. no worries.

yes the tassels have to go. but ill put them back on when no ones looking and ride with the power of the fallen! lol.

70 horse is way out of the question, but 60 is reasenable. It will be quick.

dam you guys i thought the tassels were awesome.

bobberbill
12-22-2010, 2:48 PM
This is too funny! Are there anymore threads like this one on CC? Shit's better than American Chopper

CMA406
12-22-2010, 2:54 PM
This is too funny! Are there anymore threads like this one on CC? Shit's better than American Chopper

yep....

http://www.chopcult.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7914

bobberbill
12-22-2010, 4:12 PM
yep....

http://www.chopcult.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7914

same dood?! poor guy...

this thread is definitely better than the other

LinkBelt
12-22-2010, 4:33 PM
yep...

Blacktopbandit
12-22-2010, 8:38 PM
i'm follow this one for sure.

wllgmr
12-29-2010, 8:51 AM
This guy is killing me. I bought a swingarm from him a month ago and still havnt seen it. Something about o.l. drama or something that has nothing to do with me or my money. I wish I would have read this thread before I sent him my money.

tokes61
01-02-2011, 8:48 PM
wow you guys are really fun. so much better than everyone else. Well I have better things to do than sit here and argue with you. Like go play on a bridgeport cnc.

Its my bike, I wanted some advice from some expeirenced bike builders and what I got was a start of a stupid over the web argument. I think Im going in the right direction.

Good advise mmmmm ,,,, When you find yourself in a hole stop diging,,,,,,,,,,:cheersmate:

CMA406
01-03-2011, 3:31 AM
makin progress. sittin in the machine shop looks cool. made spacers for risers or bushings" trying to fab some sissy bar clamps, there in the sissy clamps thread but gave up on them to big and to strong and way to heavy, dont know what I was thinking, have a much simpler and easier way to fix that problem. thats one side of my hand painted oil tank. cheers!9523

ok ill ask it, are those those your welds from your "connecting rod risers" to the studs in your front end and fender mounts?? im not a pro welder, but fuck dude i know the angle grinder doesnt make em look any better LOL, especially comeing from the kid who "knows more about machining cams on a CNC etc"

wllgmr
01-03-2011, 3:00 PM
anybody heard from this kid? im still waiting on a part he sold me. or a response to a pm. or something.

Loffer
01-19-2011, 11:10 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^ I think you got boned man. Hes seems alittle retarded.

LinkBelt
01-20-2011, 3:49 PM
I really think the kid just had to much pride to eat a little crow. What a shame to, so much info to be learned around here if the guy just would've been on the up and up instead of trying to pull the wool over our eyes. The only thing I can say is it doesn't matter how good of a bullshitter you are you still can't bullshit a bullshitter.

number1son
01-20-2011, 4:56 PM
I think the tassels, tasseled by the fallen one may have corrupted him.

He might even be the devil's bounty hunter a la Ghostrider or some shit.