PDA

View Full Version : Need a little help getting started.....

DeLaHabitual
11-30-2010, 8:47 PM
This will be my first build. I came across a 72 BSA Lightning that a friend of mine gave to me. It has the OIF currently and I wanted to go with a new frame. I am about to order a David Bird Frame and I had a few questions based on a bike that I saw here on CC. What (if any) drop & stretch does the Triumph in the attachment have.

Semper Fi,
DeLaHabitual

LinkBelt
11-30-2010, 9:55 PM
That Triumph has no stretch and I don't think any drop if any it is very little.

DeLaHabitual
11-30-2010, 11:04 PM
Yeah, not a lot of space between the wheel and oil tank. Thanks man this will help.

SMChewy
11-30-2010, 11:22 PM
David is on here. He is a great guy and will answer all your questions. Also Tyler and Kyle from Lowbrow are on here as well, and will also help you out. Send em a PM. Kyle is "Kyle" on here, and Tyler is "Tyler" on here. Or you can hit em up at "Lowbrow" on here. They have a couple profiles. Also, David is "DBIRD" I think on here. Hit em up, they are all great and very helpful. Good luck on your build, post up some pics as you get started. Welcome to the Cult, the downfall of modern society! :cheersmate:

DeLaHabitual
11-30-2010, 11:52 PM
I will def hit them up. I started the tear down and labeling parts last night. Here are a few pics. I have this old cat in town who has worked on British bikes for the last 40 yrs who said he would lend a hand.