PDA

View Full Version : 72 BSA Lightning Hardtail Sections?

DeLaHabitual
11-23-2010, 6:45 PM
I going to pick up my first bike in the morning its a 1972 BSA Lightning and the best part is i snagged it for a song. Other than Lowbrow who else makes good hardtail sections for Lightnings.

LinkBelt
11-23-2010, 7:45 PM
Thats great Bro, start a build thread so we can all see your progress. I am thinking of purchasing a 70 BSA lightning roller after the Holidays. Don't know why you would want to go anywhere else besides Lowbrow best of products great prices and awesome service. Tyler from there is great with any questions even if you didn't bye the parts form him. :cheersmate:

DeLaHabitual
11-27-2010, 7:34 PM
Here it is. The dude wound up giving it to me. He was happy that someone else was going to ride it. I showed him some pics of my inspiration bike and he decided to say to hell with the $300 bucks and give it to me. Great dude. So it begins

TRUMPNUT
11-27-2010, 11:01 PM
That is a OIF model . I do believe you could just use a weld on for a triumph OIF 71-83

fatass
11-28-2010, 8:05 AM
There's an AEE frame on the JJ (http://www.jockeyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75441) for sale right now, and I know there was another one on there for $200 a couple of weeks back. (http://www.jockeyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72668&highlight=BSA+frame) Keep an eye out, rigid frames for a BSA are usually a lot cheaper than a new hard tail and the time/cost of putting it on..

DeLaHabitual
11-28-2010, 10:18 AM
Thanks for the tips guys ill def need them in this build seeing that this will be my first build. I guess the only way you learn is from your and others mistakes. I have my eye on a frame on e-gay righ now. The frame I have now has the large down turned tube under the seat, not a fan of the current frame i like the wishbone style.

DeLaHabitual
11-28-2010, 10:23 AM
Here is what im aiming for. I like the clean lines of the blue bike and the black one has the nostalgia of an older bike. Im a big guy so i dont know about the narrow rear and front tire. Ill probably go with a tad wider set up on the rear

fatass
11-28-2010, 11:26 AM
What I'm learning is that these things like to be built into choppers, more than any other stuff I've worked on. Mine's practically putting itself together.

DeLaHabitual
11-28-2010, 6:23 PM
Right on. Are you doing a build thread. If so ill keep up with it. Did some disassembling today and labeling. Engine is locked up. Pulled plugs and poured Marvel Mystery Oil in and will see if it frees up any.

Stick
06-06-2011, 6:56 PM
Here it is. The dude wound up giving it to me. He was happy that someone else was going to ride it. I showed him some pics of my inspiration bike and he decided to say to hell with the $300 bucks and give it to me. Great dude. So it begins

did you ever get this ride done?