PDA

View Full Version : Triumph 650 kicker cover

WILTBILT
11-21-2010, 10:29 PM
I have a 67 triumph 650 that was converted to 5apeed. The kicker cover is I'n bad shape will a cover and internal work off 4 speed? Shifter, kicker ? I found a nice complete kicker cover with all internal. Thanks for any help.

image1
11-22-2010, 10:44 AM
cover, yes. kicker, yes. shifter> nope.

Torch
11-22-2010, 11:06 AM
I hope you have a 5 speed inner trans cover to go with that, is makes it a lot easier. there may be some grinding in the area of the shift quadrent and many test fits that have to be done if you are planning to use the 4 speed inner cover, sometimes the 4 speed shifter mechanism has a tendency to over shift the quadrent so sometimes you need to put a weld on each side of it.
Anyway don't be suprised if it takes a lot of trial and error work to get it to the point on consistant correct gear selections and the false neutrals all gone.

WILTBILT
11-22-2010, 11:38 AM
I'm sorry the bike is already converted to 5 speed. Just wanted to see if I need to change shifter and kicker mechanism with it.

kllrjo
11-27-2010, 11:34 AM
yep, the cover will work, but as was pointed out, the internals wont! dissasemble the shift/pawl assembaly and install the pawl assembaly in the new cover....qaudrant is diff, so are the pawls but all will work in the new cover.........

Tridude67
12-09-2010, 5:43 PM
I had all of the covers you wanted, but I never heard back from you. Shame...