PDA

View Full Version : Alice in Chains

mjasen10
09-08-2009, 7:26 PM
so this is absolutely not motorcycle related whatsoever but im curious. im going to check out alice in chains this weekend in indianapolis and i was wondering if anyone had seen em with the new guy singin. the recorded stuff ive heard sounded good, but anyone can nowadays.

CreepyJack13
09-08-2009, 7:33 PM
I saw AIC open for a friend's band in 1989 or 1990 at the Lingerie in Hollywood, and thought they were simply awful. However, after listening to their record, and after finding out that they'd been touring relentlessly, and were therefore exhausted for that show, they became one of my favorite bands back then.

I found out Layne had died at a Supersuckers show when Eddie Spaghetti dedicated one of their songs to him.

Anyway, I'm curious myself...

logi
09-08-2009, 7:37 PM
1995, Springfield, MO ... Shriner's Mosque ... AIC played 4 songs with Layne sitting in a chair the entire time. Rooster was the last song, it totally kicked ass but then they quit ... he couldn't keep going he was too damned fucked up.

Haven't heard the new stuff, sorry for jacking your thread with my story but the rest of the band was always the shit so I'm sure they're still good.

Robzilla
09-08-2009, 8:13 PM
Go for it, you bought the tickets. It may be cool, I know it's not the same singer but what the hell give him a chance. He may rock your world, if he doesn't, you gave them a chance!

mjasen10
09-08-2009, 9:20 PM
ya im definately goin, just curious about the new guy

framus
09-09-2009, 11:29 AM
I'm loving their new stuff so far. "Check my brain" sounds really wicked.

4horsemen20
09-17-2009, 7:00 PM
the new stuff does sound good on the radio.... i havn't seen the new guy live yet but i plan to as soon as i get the chance. my buddy saw it and he said that the new dude is so similar to layne that its just like the van zant lynyrd skynyrd deal. he said the guy sounded so much like layne it was fuckin spooky. AIC all the way.

adam

Andy
09-17-2009, 7:06 PM
When Layne died so did Alice in Chains, for me anyway. I saw them live a few times in the early 90's and they were great.

mjasen10
09-18-2009, 10:16 PM
so i have to say they were absolutely fanfuckntastic! wow. ive seen A LOT of shows and it takes quite a bit to impress me at this point and they knocked me on my ass! the new guy sounds alot like staley did but doesnt completely rip his style off. great show. definately give em a chance if you get the oppourtunity to check em out.