PDA

View Full Version : Williamsburg Hipsters.....neverending bane of my existance

GreaserMike
09-08-2009, 2:34 PM
Its bad enough I have to contend with bearded hipsters in stupid little Italian caps and ironic t-shirts flying through red lights on fixed gear bicycles. But Moped gangs?!?!!? This really takes the cake!!!! Maybe I need to rethink that "Weapons on bike" thread!

http://www.wired.com/images_blogs/rawfile/2009/08/moped_1a.jpg

Chick jeans - Check! Daddy's credit card - Check! Let's ride!

http://www.wired.com/images_blogs/rawfile/2009/08/moped_5b.jpg

:::note::: The girl working on the bike shaved off her beard prior to the photo shoot.

from:http://rawandfresh.blogspot.com/2009/08/vintage-mopeds-are-back-in.html

Jared
09-08-2009, 2:39 PM
Ive seen this type of shit around my area also. A good amount of them started buying Cafe racers also.

BryanEOD
09-08-2009, 2:41 PM
They will upgrade to big boy motorbikes eventually... Maybe?

GreaserMike
09-08-2009, 2:45 PM

Having an actual motorcycle would make it practical and thus render it "un-cool" to the dirty hipster.

GreaserMike
09-08-2009, 2:49 PM

I should note that hipsters have no sense of honor and you'd never see one serving his country. Mostly because fatigues don't come in size "stole em from my girlfriend drainpipe". I can send coordinates for an air strike.

travasesino
09-08-2009, 2:53 PM
Its bad enough I have to contend with bearded hipsters in stupid little Italian caps and ironic t-shirts flying through red lights on fixed gear bicycles. But Moped gangs?!?!!? This really takes the cake!!!! Maybe I need to rethink that "Weapons on bike" thread!

Chick jeans - Check! Daddy's credit card - Check! Let's ride!

what a waste of a sweet L.A. guns shirt!

Robzilla
09-08-2009, 3:17 PM

The official uniform for a hipster "T-shirts my parents wore". When I was that age, I would have never even thought of doing that, that was completely uncool! Now they have Moped Clubs, what next! Can't stand those hipster bastards!

currysurr
09-08-2009, 3:53 PM
Fixed gear bikes are the bane of my existence.

1RedBeard
09-08-2009, 4:18 PM
God Damn hipsters! They're everywhere. Someone needs to exterminate these parasites! They don't respect shit.

billdozer
09-08-2009, 4:23 PM
Sounds like a bunch of old people complaining about chopper guys...

(I hear you Mike, I just think it's funny.)

smokey469
09-08-2009, 4:27 PM
We like to affectinately refer to the ones around here as the "mo-pagans"

JoeNots
09-08-2009, 4:29 PM
Sounds like a bunch of old people complaining about chopper guys...

(I hear you Mike, I just think it's funny.)

i don't like hipsters but i guess it is a pretty similar complaint. you have a point

L7Josh
09-08-2009, 4:48 PM

l[/URL]

i dont know Mike but that dude in the white shirt to the left seems to have the same frame glasses you do and i know that you had those made for you soooo im just saying i will still like you if you ride mopeds just dont be ashamed.

GreaseStain
09-08-2009, 5:00 PM
Austin is flooded with these ...... people?? ... damn hipsters... Though Billdozer has a point.. still can't stand em

billdozer
09-08-2009, 5:04 PM
Shants for everyone!

YcMatt
09-08-2009, 5:33 PM
my friends are into those stupid mopeds. all they talk about is how after they put 500+ dollars into them they will be able to do 60 maybe even 70 mph. at that speed they are just a death trap. plus you cant even legally go on the highway with them. i keep trying to talk them into a real motorcycle but they just wont listen. im not sure whats wrong with them.

onigoroshi
09-08-2009, 5:55 PM
nothing wrong with hipsters, you put these guys on regular motorcycles they'd fit right in here. hipster chicks are like punk chicks but with better hygiene and manners but shittier music. scooters make a lot of sense in NYC compared to a full-size motorcycle, as long as you never plan to leave the 5 block hipster palace you live in. i've been trying to convince my hipster sister to get a motorcycle, she already got the license, anyone know of cheap deals in portland?

spent a lot of time in williamsburg, there used to be a punk bar called the sweetwater tavern that i still get misty eyed about. if i ever open a bar it will be a cross between the old sweetwater and motor city http://www.motorcitybar.com/

KT
09-08-2009, 6:49 PM
HEHEHEH these guys are good for a quick buck though ....We have picked up 4 or 5 of those old vintage mopeds and got big cash for them ...I sold two honda express 2 mopeds at Mid ohio I got them for 25 bucks each .......one I sold for 250 and the other for 300 ...Went over to the swap meet and found me a 76 honda cb 750 for 500 bucks ......and rode it to the camp ground LOL .....Gotta catch on here guys exploit exploit exploit till it's dead .......... =)

RockinRyan
09-08-2009, 6:55 PM
You know, someone somewhere is saying the same things about all of us. Its just another sub-culture, just like this one. Who the hell cares that thy ride mopeds. I mean, I'd rather ride on the streets around a bunch of moped riders than some cagers on their cell phones. And like onigoroshi already said, most would fit right in here if they rode a chop.

Way to much hatred and mistrust out there already.

ChoppyGee
09-08-2009, 7:18 PM
the one an the far left bugs me but thats only because he reminds me of a dipshit i went to high school with. I hang out and party with guys like these I even ask them to go on rides. They never want to they say they'd feel lame. Most of them have a HIGH respect for real bikes and most of them are afraid to ride them.

KT
09-08-2009, 7:21 PM
You know, someone somewhere is saying the same things about all of us. Its just another sub-culture, just like this one. Who the hell cares that thy ride mopeds. I mean, I'd rather ride on the streets around a bunch of moped riders than some cagers on their cell phones. And like onigoroshi already said, most would fit right in here if they rode a chop.

Way to much hatred and mistrust out there already.

I agree with ya on this ....To each his own ...I am quite sure there are plenty of people see my old Triumph and think man WTF old POS .....But making a dollar is making a dollar ...the same as you can't go buy a old triumph for $100 hardly ever anymore, cause people have caught on that there is a following and they exploit it ....

BryanEOD
09-08-2009, 7:23 PM
I should note that hipsters have no sense of honor and you'd never see one serving his country. Mostly because fatigues don't come in size "stole em from my girlfriend drainpipe". I can send coordinates for an air strike.
Sounds like you don't like dirty hipsters mike...hahaha...Go ahead and PM me a 10 digit grid cord... I will see what I can do!

onigoroshi
09-08-2009, 7:28 PM
here's the full article

http://www.wired.com/rawfile/2009/08/moped/

the nerve of these people, working on their own machines and choosing bikes over cages:

"For many riders, owning a moped means working on a moped. At the Orphanage, the mechanics gladly show owners how to repair their vintage vehicles."

"Walsh hasn’t had the best luck at rallies. At an event in San Francisco she broke one of her arms and then broke the other at a rally in Los Angeles. Despite the mishaps, she keeps riding and working on her bike. Bones heal but friends are forever."

"He grew up skateboarding and started riding mopeds to get from one skate spot to the next. Soon moped culture became just as important to him as skate culture — which both share a penchant for exploration. “If we’re on a ride and see an access road into nowhere, we’re gonna go down it,” says Lowery."

"Though he owns a car, he rarely drives it, opting instead to ride his moped 25 miles out of town to visit his parents once a week."

justin666
09-08-2009, 7:45 PM
i bet they have just as much fun as we do.
besides, i'd ride one of those anyday.

but i do agree, that is a waste of a good LA guns shirt
ha

1RedBeard
09-08-2009, 7:49 PM
I don't really say much on the forum. I am usually kicking back trying to learn something or too damn busy working. But for some reason hipsters drive me mad and I should let this shit go. I hear what you guys are saying and yeah there are definitely a shit load of hipsters that ride chops but it's the mentality that gets me not what they are doing or riding. It's the posers that drive me crazy. We all have had personal experiences with posers and posers aren't in it for the passion they are in the scene to be seen. And most posers (hipsters) will soon jump to the next hip scene to be seen. Skating, fixed gear, Mopeds, Chops, Cafes, Music. The posers exploit culture and they don't take the time to understand the background of the culture because they are to damn busy worrying about how they look. That doesn't sit right with me. It's the culture that we are all in love with. How it makes us feel. I don't know if it's just me but it seems a bit out of control these days. Maybe our attention span is just getting shorter and shorter. I know as a society we can't seem to stick with anything long. And don't get me wrong, I have some kick ass friends that ride fixed bikes and I would ride next to a kid on a moped or any kind of bike any day as long as there is respect and passion . But I find most of these hipsters don't respect shit and that shit rubs me the wrong way. I ride motorcycles because I love it and don't give a shit how I look or what anyone thinks about it. It was the same with skating or bmx. You will always have posers. So, if you like fucking around on moped go for it. I respect that shit. If you like riding fixed gear bike then rock the that shit. Fuck what I have to say. Just don't be a poser.

Sorry about the rank. Hipsters drive me crazy and I know I shouldn't let it get to me.

Rile
09-08-2009, 8:00 PM
spent a lot of time in williamsburg, there used to be a punk bar called the sweetwater tavern that i still get misty eyed about. if i ever open a bar it will be a cross between the old sweetwater and motor city http://www.motorcitybar.com/

Hey I been there, even got free beer for actually being from Detroit. AND the hipster DJ's played early Grand Funk!! Haha...

Robzilla
09-08-2009, 8:27 PM
I don't really say much on the forum. I am usually kicking back trying to learn something or too damn busy working. But for some reason hipsters drive me mad and I should let this shit go. I hear what you guys are saying and yeah there are definitely a shit load of hipsters that ride chops but it's the mentality that gets me not what they are doing or riding. It's the posers that drive me crazy. We all have had personal experiences with posers and posers aren't in it for the passion they are in the scene to be seen. And most posers (hipsters) will soon jump to the next hip scene to be seen. Skating, fixed gear, Mopeds, Chops, Cafes, Music. The posers exploit culture and they don't take the time to understand the background of the culture because they are to damn busy worrying about how they look. That doesn't sit right with me. It's the culture that we are all in love with. How it makes us feel. I don't know if it's just me but it seems a bit out of control these days. Maybe our attention span is just getting shorter and shorter. I know as a society we can't seem to stick with anything long. And don't get me wrong, I have some kick ass friends that ride fixed bikes and I would ride next to a kid on a moped or any kind of bike any day as long as there is respect and passion . But I find most of these hipsters don't respect shit and that shit rubs me the wrong way. I ride motorcycles because I love it and don't give a shit how I look or what anyone thinks about it. It was the same with skating or bmx. You will always have posers. So, if you like fucking around on moped go for it. I respect that shit. If you like riding fixed gear bike then rock the that shit. Fuck what I have to say. Just don't be a poser.

Sorry about the rank. Hipsters drive me crazy and I know I shouldn't let it get to me.

I'm with what you have to say, it seems these assholes haven't had to pay their dues! Like when I was 13 and panhandling outside a venue just to see Black Flag or whatever band happened to be playing that night in S.D., or getting busted for skating an empty pool me and my friends spent 30 minutes getting the last remnants of water out of just to get 1 or 2 runs in! These fucks have it easy, parents cash and someone to bail them out. That to me is being a poser!, being 15 and wearing a Dead Kennedy's shirt, as if you've seen them! I'm the motherfucker that you disrespect and call the old man! No, Fuck You! I'm the old man that took lumps from Jocks and any other fucking idiot that didn't like my look, so you can wear that "Vintage" T-shirt to be cool!

onigoroshi
09-08-2009, 8:35 PM
Hey I been there, even got free beer for actually being from Detroit. AND the hipster DJ's played early Grand Funk!! Haha...

you have to love the piston taps and torn out car seats. plus the music usually kicks ass and from time to time they have a go-go dancer. PBR cheaper than anywhere else in lower manhattan.

the only one who has the passion is jesus christ and if you think yuo paid your dues there's someone who spent 5 years in prison with a clown rapist to tell you otherwise. this poser talk is lame... keep it in your pants guys highschool is over.

glitterfist
09-08-2009, 10:03 PM
I lived in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, right? Off the L train? '95ish. Is it still Polish?
There were a couple of good restaurants , "Bean", & a Thai food place & a great health food store.
I don't really have anything useful to add to this thread, lol. I do miss the NY years...
I don't get out enough to hate any "type" except stupid.
Personally, I'd be scared shitless to ride anything two wheeled in NYC. That shit is NUTS.
I've been on the back of a motorcycle & I did not feel so safe.

avastyematey
09-08-2009, 10:06 PM
providence has a huge crew of these kids. they showed up this past summer en mass.

ChoppyGee
09-08-2009, 10:44 PM
But you gotta give them props for gett'n 60MPH out of those little things. I know some kids to have a shit ton of motobecanes they've collected and they put just as much work into them as we do a bike. Shit they are powder coating frames in an old Kitchen oven.

avastyematey
09-08-2009, 10:49 PM
60mph on those fucking things is pretty impressive. they must get speed wabbles like mad.

ChoppyGee
09-08-2009, 10:54 PM
no joke!

Revelator
09-08-2009, 11:18 PM
1st time I encountered this phenominum was about 4 yrs ago when I stopped for fuel
on pacific coast hwy up around Malibu. I was filling my fat bobs when a pack of about 40
of them petered into the station on their wimpy cycles.

Looking back on it I'm glad I got there before the Hipsters did, Or I would have been standing in line with them forever. there were a few girls mixed in the bunch. maybe
4 or 5. At the time I thought it was really Gay, & Still DO.

They seemed to have a real annoying attitude ,like a rich spoiled kid that was never spanked, & They
seemed to act as though they were uber cool & that they were the center of the universe.
fucking pathetic.
I see them all the time now but not in big numbers
like that day, usually see small packs up to maybe 8 max.

RockinRyan
09-08-2009, 11:35 PM
1st time I encountered this phenominum was about 4 yrs ago when I stopped for fuel
on pacific coast hwy up around Malibu. I was filling my fat bobs when a pack of about 40
of them petered into the station on their wimpy cycles.

Looking back on it I'm glad I got there before the Hipsters did, Or I would have been standing in line with them forever
waiting as each one counted their pennies & nickles. there were a few girls mixed in the bunch. maybe
4 or 5. At the time I thought it was really Gay, & Still DO.
I see them all the time now but not in big numbers
like that day, usually see small packs up to maybe 8 max.

So...how is that any different from 40 choppers pulling into a gas station and holding things up for everyone? And isn't calling a moped "wimpy" no different than some HOG member calling a sportster "wimpy"?

There are posers in every group, but for every one there are several others who truly do love what their doing. Or have we forgotten already that a couple years ago choppers were "cool" too...

ChoppyGee
09-08-2009, 11:54 PM
Another Moped kid is one less person I have to worry about scoring that old Brit scoot or sporty before I do.

Gepetto
09-09-2009, 12:04 AM
You guys really need to check out http://www.latfh.com/ It is some funny shit!! Bunch of fags with daddy's credit card.

TemeculaTerry
09-09-2009, 7:14 AM
This is some pathetic ass shit right here...

Bunch of fucking guys that FTW everything but literally fit into their own cliche sitting around being Key Board Heros sniveling and bashing on some fucking people that are just doing their own thing.
Rich Punkers, Poor Punkers, Poser Punkers, Brit Punkers, Fashion Punkers, Skaters, Surf Punks, Mods, Thrashers, Hard Core -whatever all the names we / they used back in the 70's and 80's all equal out to one in a whole - scenesters!

Get the fuck over it, I used to fight dudes like all of you when I was a kid, if not for being white, having Mohawks or for just having a skate. All those mother fucker white trash stoner kids, preppy jocks, Red Necks and black ghangsters hated on me and my friends just because we were different and the saw the world different than others. I know its all been said and done and most these days allot of these kids are posers, but in all actuality since the mod scene in the bay area with all the vespas and such this little movement may be the most original that I have seen in years - looks fun to boot as well if you live in a city like SF or NY.

I decided that Im going to send an email to one of their sites explaining to them that they suck and are not hardcore enough to live in my world, but in return I will offer them advice on how to fit in with the cool guys. Im going to suggest to save a couple grand and go buy some ghey ass chopper that looks just like your friends, buy some high top vans, baggy jeans and a flannel, then go on my space to find a really cool dive bar where no scenesters are so you can explain to everyone there that how cant believe all the posers that are around these days - lol

GreaserMike
09-09-2009, 7:57 AM
Allow me to clarify... "Its bad enough I have to contend with bearded hipsters in stupid little Italian caps and ironic t-shirts flying through red lights on fixed gear bicycles."

Honestly, I don't care what they or anyone else rides or does. My gripe is over how this is a particular group of people who fly through traffic without following the same rules of the road the rest of us are bound to obey. Its not some superiority thing....it's a safety issue. You try riding a motorcycle around Manhattan and deal with idiots on fixed gear bicycles running red lights and stop signs. Now put a motor between their legs and the same sense of entitlement. That's a combination that pisses me off.

Anyone not sure what I'm talking about can come ride their bike with me through NYC and contend with double decker buses that jack-knife in the middle, cab drivers on cell phones, people waking through intersections when the sign says "DON'T FUCKING WALK" and hipsters on fixies.

If you live in NYC and have NEVER had to pull some Top Gun type evasive maneuvering to avoid any of the above then you're a bullshit artist who's never had your ass on a motorcycle in NYC.

You want to ride a scooter, a bicycle, a custom , a stocker whatever....fine by me. Just ride in a manner that doesn't put my life in danger.

TemeculaTerry
09-09-2009, 8:18 AM
I remember skate boarding in the downtown area where I grew up and the newspaper wrote up pretty much what you said Greaser Mike about us, cops cracked down and life started to get difficult.
No offense - I dont plan on riding in NYC, nothing in my world finds that remotely interesting in any way shape or form, so I cant even compare anything remotely close to what you are saying outside of myself riding in San Francisco quite a bit, but non the less I am sure it does not even remotely compared to the chaos NY has to offer.
More important; getting old does suck.
Fucking whipper snapper scenesters - what next!

Revelator
09-09-2009, 11:51 AM
This is some pathetic ass shit right here...

Bunch of fucking guys that FTW everything but literally fit into their own cliche sitting around being Key Board Heros sniveling and bashing on some fucking people that are just doing their own thing.
Rich Punkers, Poor Punkers, Poser Punkers, Brit Punkers, Fashion Punkers, Skaters, Surf Punks, Mods, Thrashers, Hard Core -whatever all the names we / they used back in the 70's and 80's all equal out to one in a whole - scenesters!

Get the fuck over it, I used to fight dudes like all of you when I was a kid, if not for being white, having Mohawks or for just having a skate. All those mother fucker white trash stoner kids, preppy jocks, Red Necks and black ghangsters hated on me and my friends just because we were different and the saw the world different than others. I know its all been said and done and most these days allot of these kids are posers, but in all actuality since the mod scene in the bay area with all the vespas and such this little movement may be the most original that I have seen in years - looks fun to boot as well if you live in a city like SF or NY.

I decided that Im going to send an email to one of their sites explaining to them that they suck and are not hardcore enough to live in my world, but in return I will offer them advice on how to fit in with the cool guys. Im going to suggest to save a couple grand and go buy some ghey ass chopper that looks just like your friends, buy some high top vans, baggy jeans and a flannel, then go on my space to find a really cool dive bar where no scenesters are so you can explain to everyone there that how cant believe all the posers that are around these days - lol

Oh Man, That is some funny shit there Bo. (You nailed it My friend)......
I dont know about the rest of You, But I'm not taking this shit too seriously.
Once in awhile it is good to have something to laugh at, & the hipsters do it for Me.
Truthfully, If I were riding along & seen one of them broke down on the side of the road
I would probably stop & check it out (I always carry tools).
If it were a pack of 40 of them probably not.
I dont like seeing anyone stranded on the roadside alone, fucking sucks.

justin666
09-09-2009, 12:33 PM
Allow me to clarify... "Its bad enough I have to contend with bearded hipsters in stupid little Italian caps and ironic t-shirts flying through red lights on fixed gear bicycles."

Honestly, I don't care what they or anyone else rides or does. My gripe is over how this is a particular group of people who fly through traffic without following the same rules of the road the rest of us are bound to obey. Its not some superiority thing....it's a safety issue. You try riding a motorcycle around Manhattan and deal with idiots on fixed gear bicycles running red lights and stop signs. Now put a motor between their legs and the same sense of entitlement. That's a combination that pisses me off.

Anyone not sure what I'm talking about can come ride their bike with me through NYC and contend with double decker buses that jack-knife in the middle, cab drivers on cell phones, people waking through intersections when the sign says "DON'T FUCKING WALK" and hipsters on fixies.

If you live in NYC and have NEVER had to pull some Top Gun type evasive maneuvering to avoid any of the above then you're a bullshit artist who's never had your ass on a motorcycle in NYC.

You want to ride a scooter, a bicycle, a custom , a stocker whatever....fine by me. Just ride in a manner that doesn't put my life in danger.

denver is sketchy enough for me. i cant even imagine what NYC would be like on a motorcycle

onigoroshi
09-09-2009, 6:20 PM
even pedestrians in new york don't respect traffic rules so no surprise about that. cross in the middle of the street, red lights, wherever. just par for the course. i lived in NYC from 1998 to 2007 and wanted a bike but never got one because i was worried about traffic, parking, the streets are shit, etc. now i kick myself for those wasted years.

Rabbit
09-10-2009, 8:39 AM
We've got them here in NC too. They are really annoying and don't look for shit. I worked with one of these one gear cycle guys and he'd been hit by cars on numerous occassion for not loking at traffic and still refuses to do so. Fuck it, 20 points for running 'em over! (or a swift kick on the back tire)

svwannabe
09-10-2009, 9:33 AM
We've got them here in NC too. They are really annoying and don't look for shit. I worked with one of these one gear cycle guys and he'd been hit by cars on numerous occassion for not loking at traffic and still refuses to do so. Fuck it, 20 points for running 'em over! (or a swift kick on the back tire)

DOWN SHIFT THEM AND KICK EM IN THE WEEDS...... wait they dont have gears.... i suppose we should just kick em into the weeds then

Guy
09-10-2009, 5:23 PM
In the UK in my youth, you could ride a moped at 16, so everyone had one. I was proud to be in a moped gang (Yamaha FS1Es), but those folks are old enough to know better!

obrien3044
09-10-2009, 6:04 PM
I was just down there visiting my sister and her boyfriend (not hipsters, in fact one is a pro skater) and the Rumblers show under the BQE. On Sunday they thought it would be a good idea to go over to Bedford Ave. and walk around. I was so miserable with everyone on that street. Maybe its just me, but I feel better about it after reading this. And by the was I was really hoping for that Triumph that greaser Mike ended up with, I've been wanting a British project.

SingSing
09-24-2011, 7:29 PM
Dude, I even seen one Scooter dude ridin with a Three piece set up in Queens NY called Los Pasoleros. Black n white. Im blowin em up here on this wide forum cuz i think you gotta be an asshole to sport two rockers n a center piece and putt round down in a freakin Vespa! Kill me now, you asswipes! If you wanna find me I'll gladly make it happen! Asshole poseurs!

cstafford
09-24-2011, 8:57 PM
That's a beast mode fuckin beard though. Not many hipsters in my area so they only thing I can hate on is the skinny jeans.

sohcool
09-24-2011, 9:45 PM
Really? Some of you bitch and whine like high school cheerleaders.

Who cares what they ride or do? Why are you checking out their legs and noticing their jeans anyway? You think they give a shit about wether forum badasses on the internet think they've "paid their dues"?

They're having fun. You guys are bitching like a bunch of elitist net wizards. I'll take fun over bitching anytime.

Note: when I lived in Denver my friend and I used to modify a batavus moped and try to see if we could drop knees in turns. Beer was involved, and fun was had. I must be a hipster. Lol

Hepcat13
09-24-2011, 10:57 PM
Living in Austin I have to deal with them an I'm not a big fan of them, but I'm not really a fan on to many people in general. I will say that if they are working on their mopeds I'll give them props. I'm cool with anyone that turns their own wrench.

ghostshadow
09-24-2011, 11:10 PM
The biggest thing to me is they act like little assholes most of the time. Just like it was said above, dudes flying through red lights on their fixies and stuff happens all the time.. It's just a matter of time before dudes end up dead.

My biggest issue with most hipsters around here anyways is they all act like they are more superior than anyone else, this whole elitist attitude is bullshit. They are all talk, it's just stupid really. If you don't act like a dick to me, I usually don't have a problem with most people no matter their "clique".

But that's the problem, for whatever reason they act likt their better than most people because they are all into retro 80's shit.. it's like, yeah dude. I grew up with that shit too.. some of it's cool but fuck, chill out. You're not a superstar. Especially in a shithole place like Indiana. Only people they are famous to are themselves.

I do find it kind of amusing they've formed "gangs" - Hells satans, the orphans, land squids (that's kind of clever), puddle cutters, etc.

It's just kind of funny.
-------

This is kind of funny

http://vimeo.com/5213319

-------

I don't really have a huge problem with the mopeds really. It's no different than us cutting up xs650's what not. I mean, hell if I need to scoot down to the grocery store or post office or something a little moped would be handy.

I don't know how I feel about the whole club culture though, especially if these dudes really don't have a clue about what being in a club is about, they are just doing it because it looks cool.. Who knows. It'll die out eventually. just like everything else.

http://www.wired.com/rawfile/2009/08/moped/all/1

Parrot76
09-25-2011, 5:05 AM
mopeds are fine, its the hipsters on bicycles that annoy me. they start hanging out in the trendy bars, they move into town out of the suburbs, start riding a fixie and BAM theyre blocking the street, screaming about cagers and acting lie idiots doing that stupid critical mass shit.

TheYetti
09-25-2011, 5:39 AM
I could care less about em. really dont like seeing dudes and fat chicks in tight ass jeans though..... EXTREME muffin top!

sohcool
09-25-2011, 7:34 AM
The irony in this thread is almost painful.

Revelator
09-25-2011, 11:13 AM
Hipsters are like retards....when I see a Hipster, I think to myself....whoa....Thank the Lord I didn't turn out like that... ..& To be totally honest, I think most of the hipsters are really fags, but They don't know it.
They seem to be multiplying at an alarming rate which makes me wonder WTF is going on. I am guessing that
many of the Hipsters grew up with a single parent......I mean what kind of Father would groom there child to
end up like this! Last remark to this gay thread...I'll bet most all of them voted for :(bama

sohcool
09-25-2011, 11:25 AM
I'd be willing to bet that a large percentage of the members here just hopped on the chopper revival train that's been pulling through stations for the last few years too....just sayin. And really, you'd be hard pressed to find a more egocentric eletist subculture full of big talking "badasses" than bikers. Lol The fact that so many people are this concerned and teary eyed about what kids are doing with their own time and money speaks volumes. High school all over again. Hilarious.

sohcool
09-25-2011, 11:28 AM
And while you're shopping for vagisil all sandy about something this petty they're out riding with their friends. Who's paying their dues now?

Markee
09-25-2011, 11:51 AM
And while you're shopping for vagisil all sandy about something this petty they're out riding with their friends. Who's paying their dues now?

I'm paying my dues from last night.

JohnnyWolf
09-25-2011, 12:16 PM

+1, prob thinks it's a gun shop in L.A.

...even if he knows (thinks it might be) a band, I'm certain he couldn't name one song, or anyone in the line-up.:rolleyes:

WolfHunter
09-25-2011, 3:42 PM
Hipsters have invaded our little shore town here in Asbury Park NJ. most have moved here from Brooklyn.

What a bunch of effeminate pussies who cant turn a wrench. A couple of them bought kinder bikes and now in the last month they all are riding them. Posers. they wear those gay ass boat sneakers along with their sisters pants. nice costume fag. Their taste in music sucks and their bands suck even worse. shitty attitudes that we have had to shut down on more than one occasion. they tried to take over our little hole in the wall bar but we put the kabosh on that. the only good thing about them is they bring around hot chicks that we can creep on.

thermo1976
09-25-2011, 4:30 PM
I was in williamsburg just this past weekend. I saw alot of these so called hipsters and honestly i could care less. I did find that if I stare at them they always look away first (gay little game I like to play with people).
Although I did notice a dude with a loud ass black ktm smc blasting wheelies all over the place and generally terrorizing shit. I was genuinely impressed and now I want a tard.

ARBY
09-25-2011, 4:40 PM
So...how is that any different from 40 choppers pulling into a gas station and holding things up for everyone? ......

Because Choppers Rule and all else yields. Mopeds and scooters belong on the sidewalk with bicycles. If ya wanna talk about faggy, just look at bicyclists with their little spandex body suits and and conehead helmets. Try gettin around a pack of those a-holes on a Sunday morning around here.
:asshat:

sohcool
09-25-2011, 6:16 PM
Because Choppers Rule and all else yields. Mopeds and scooters belong on the sidewalk with bicycles. If ya wanna talk about faggy, just look at bicyclists with their little spandex body suits and and conehead helmets. Try gettin around a pack of those a-holes on a Sunday morning around here.
:asshat:

For a bunch of straight dudes, you guys are pretty apt at figuring out who likes weiners. :cheersmate:

I guess what I'm saying is, I'm straight enough not to notice if someone is wearing spandex... and certainly straight enough not to get hot and bothered by it while they are pedaling in front of me.

GRHebard
09-25-2011, 6:32 PM
+1 to that. i got no problems with cyclists

ARBY
09-25-2011, 9:15 PM
For a bunch of straight dudes, you guys are pretty apt at figuring out who likes weiners. :cheersmate:

I guess what I'm saying is, I'm straight enough not to notice if someone is wearing spandex... and certainly straight enough not to get hot and bothered by it while they are pedaling in front of me.

Well, there may be those of you who are fond of spandex clad male asses pedaling in front of you and don't mind following them for hours on end. I however am not one of those.

CRACK
09-25-2011, 9:20 PM
Agreed. I'm a cyclist, riding a self-powered bike is plenty dangerous on the road, just as it is on any of your chops. Self powered as in i power it myself...in case someone didn't catch that.

My worthless view on hipsters, albeit a rewritten statement from plenty before ; Who cares?

BUT don't forget that Vans, plaid, biltwell helmets ( only when coupled with the previous two), and KD's are TOTALLY not hipster... because you're on a real motorcycle.

Just sayin.

sohcool
09-25-2011, 9:21 PM
Well, there may be those of you who are fond of spandex clad male asses pedaling in front of you and don't mind following them for hours on end. I however am not one of those.

Unlike you apparently, some of us have never been in that position....especially for "hours on end". Something you'd like to share?

ShovelEd
09-25-2011, 9:24 PM
Riding the streets of NYC are tough enough, put the girl jean wearing american spirit cig smoking hipsters on fixies and mopeds bustin moves in front of you makes things worse. I feel your outlook Mike. Its not about hating on someone who digs a hobby, its about safey. And unless you have had to drop a gear and jam around someone doing something dumb on a street anything close to chaotic as an NYC street you really dont have anything to say about the original post.

ARBY
09-25-2011, 9:24 PM

Me neither so long as they ride on the sidewalks where in my opinion, they belong. The roads were built for motor vehicles. My parents always warned me that if I got caught riding in the street my bike would be taken away. They obviously cared enough to want me to live. Recent generations however must want their kids to lead short lives because they have created laws to require that bicycles ride IN the street with the cars and trucks!

ARBY
09-25-2011, 9:35 PM
Unlike you apparently, some of us have never been in that position....especially for "hours on end". Something you'd like to share?

Yes, I have a confession to make to the world. I am a hard core chromeosexual and a choppaphile. There, I've said it.:eek:

sohcool
09-25-2011, 9:54 PM
Me neither so long as they ride on the sidewalks where in my opinion, they belong. The roads were built for motor vehicles. My parents always warned me that if I got caught riding in the street my bike would be taken away. They obviously cared enough to want me to live. Recent generations however must want their kids to lead short lives because they have created laws to require that bicycles ride IN the street with the cars and trucks!

Too bad in most populated cities its illegal to ride on the sidewalk. Any chance you're rambling without any knowledge of the laws on this?

NHMike
09-25-2011, 10:08 PM

I'm with you on that one man!!!!! I had three fucking bicycling assholes riding in the middle of the fucking street today going to work. When I could finally get around them I was screaming out the window that next time I'd run them the fuck over.

Fuck Cyclists, and Fuck Lance Armstrong and his dumb fucking bracelets!!!!

NHMike
09-25-2011, 10:09 PM
Yes, I have a confession to make to the world. I am a hard core chromeosexual and a choppaphile. There, I've said it.:eek:

Had to Google it....I'm so un-cool.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Chromeosexual

sohcool
09-25-2011, 10:12 PM
Dudes....just in case you missed the memo, meth and roids aren't cool. :)

NHMike
09-25-2011, 10:18 PM
Dudes....just in case you missed the memo, meth and roids aren't cool. :)

Meth is pretty cool.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5F4kTIFsg_M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

sohcool
09-25-2011, 10:19 PM
Meth is pretty cool.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5F4kTIFsg_M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Oh, okay. You got me there. :cheersmate:

REV
09-25-2011, 11:36 PM
ok, so im going to put this out there and im sure bill will get me on this one, lol

i repair and restore vintage mopeds when i come across them. ive had a 50cc ped be able to hit 50mph, but that was scary/sketchy shit. i even rode my tomos from charleston sc to sarasota fla, then into seabring (the race track in fla) on the way to daytona for bike week, then back up the A1A to SC again. 30mph the whole fucking way. was like, $20 in gas. when i was in sarasota i became an honorary member of the Rick Rollers moped gang, even had my own green rick astley club sticker on my fairing...

i like em. there are some of those fuckers that arent hipster fucktards, but ill tell you what theres more pbr drinking with those guys that with yall chopper freaks. theyre just "anti". ill post pics later of some of that shit, both the restored ones and the trip.

NHMike
09-25-2011, 11:40 PM
ok, so im going to put this out there and im sure bill will get me on this one, lol

i repair and restore vintage mopeds when i come across them. ive had a 50cc ped be able to hit 50mph, but that was scary/sketchy shit. i even rode my tomos from charleston sc to sarasota fla, then into seabring (the race track in fla) on the way to daytona for bike week, then back up the A1A to SC again. 30mph the whole fucking way. was like, $20 in gas. when i was in sarasota i became an honorary member of the Rick Rollers moped gang, even had my own green rick astley club sticker on my fairing...

i like em. there are some of those fuckers that arent hipster fucktards, but ill tell you what theres more pbr drinking with those guys that with yall chopper freaks. theyre just "anti". ill post pics later of some of that shit, both the restored ones and the trip.

Hipster.

;)

REV
09-26-2011, 12:01 AM
Hipster.

;)

sheepfucker

:eek:

GRHebard
09-26-2011, 12:12 AM

1. its called a sidewalk, not a sidebike. in most cities its actually illegal to ride on the sidewalk.

2. roads were originally built for horse & buggies not for cars.

just sayin.

NHMike
09-26-2011, 12:30 AM
sheepfucker

:eek:

What's the problem with that? :o

NHMike
09-26-2011, 12:32 AM

Dood, the Hipsters are going to put a hit out on you...via internet chat rooms!! You had better update your Virus software!!!! hahahahaha :cheersmate:

GRHebard
09-26-2011, 12:50 AM
if anything, i just think its funny how heated some of these people are getting. like yelling out their car windows at cyclist... do you think they take you seriously, or maybe everyone within a 300 foot radius thought you were mentally challenged...

a great man once said:
Nobody hates hipsters more than hipsters.
-Thomas Edison

NHMike
09-26-2011, 1:01 AM
like yelling out their car windows at cyclist...

I could really give a fuck WHAT they thought. They were in my way and I voiced my opinion of them being so, like I do with everything. If someone pisses me off, I call them out, it's as simple as that.

Fucking people on Bicycles think they own the fucking roads! Why do they need to ride 2 or even 3 across when they can get in a single file??

sohcool
09-26-2011, 5:13 AM
I could really give a fuck WHAT they thought. They were in my way and I voiced my opinion of them being so, like I do with everything. If someone pisses me off, I call them out, it's as simple as that.

Fucking people on Bicycles think they own the fucking roads! Why do they need to ride 2 or even 3 across when they can get in a single file??

Because they are supposed to.....that's the law.

ARBY
09-26-2011, 5:15 AM
2. roads were originally built for horse & buggies not for cars.
just sayin.

So then they weren't built for bicycles, right?? Thank you.

ARBY
09-26-2011, 5:21 AM
Too bad in most populated cities its illegal to ride on the sidewalk. Any chance you're rambling without any knowledge of the laws on this?

Read the post again, please.

starwolf
09-26-2011, 6:25 AM
Heres my thoughts, Fuck bicycles !

ChopEmUp
09-26-2011, 6:34 AM
While some things that "hipsters" do are annoying, I'll keep my hate where it belongs...blacks, illegals, politicians, winter, and blue balls. ;)

sohcool
09-26-2011, 7:50 AM
So then they weren't built for bicycles, right?? Thank you.

If non-comprehension and missing the point completely were the goals of debate you'd be a super winner.

sohcool
09-26-2011, 7:52 AM
Read the post again, please.

I'll do you one better...I'll summarize.

Cyclists ride in lane as law states. You throw a meth fit. Cyclists laugh at you.

Hilarious part is that you were probably the one driving like an asshat. Haha

ARBY
09-26-2011, 8:05 AM
I'll do you one better...I'll summarize.

Cyclists ride in lane as law states. You throw a meth fit. Cyclists laugh at you.

Hilarious part is that you were probably the one driving like an asshat. Haha

Not to single anyone out but, in a battle of wits some people are only half armed. Furthermore, no deep thoughts ever come from a shallow mind. Ooooh! :eek:

sohcool
09-26-2011, 8:10 AM
Not to single anyone out but, in a battle of wits some people are only half armed. Furthermore, no deep thoughts ever come from a shallow mind. Ooooh! :eek:

Was that supposed to be witty? Looked like a dodge instead of an actual reply to me.

TemeculaTerry
09-26-2011, 8:44 AM
Do any of you find this thread ironic?

BEER BOOTERS
Sent this from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AntArrows
09-26-2011, 8:49 AM
who cares!

48fred
09-26-2011, 9:06 AM
I haven't had to deal with these guys at all and I am sure there is an asshole or two in every bunch, no different than the chopper world, but to me, it looks like those guys are having fun on 2 wheels and that is pretty much what it is all about. I dig it!

Now, If one of them blows a stop sign or rolls down the middle of the road purposely slowing me down because they are just as entitled to the road as I am.... road rage will ensue. Common courtesy goes a long way in my book.

slimpickins
09-26-2011, 9:16 AM
This thread is dumb.

Polymathic
09-26-2011, 9:30 AM
hipster hate... and 1%er ball-cupping... some of the dumbest and worst parts of this site and chopper/biker culture in general. most of the hipster haters are clearly pretty clueless to exactly how hipster they sound themselves when bitching about the hipsters. an example of absurd irony, no doubt.

dillweed
09-26-2011, 10:04 AM
fuck it, im a hipster for sure (live in denton texas check out all the cool bars listen to "scene" music) growin my hair out for dreads and all the sorta hipster fun stuff. but fuck it, i love choppers. btw i ride scooters occasionally but mostly im on my sporty. so who gives a fuck? im not a 1% but i dont wanna be a fuckin 1%, ide rather work at a bicycle shop with some chill ass dudes then ride around with a bunch of dicks.

ARBY
09-26-2011, 3:35 PM
Was that supposed to be witty? Looked like a dodge instead of an actual reply to me.

Not a dodge - a dismissal.:clap for you:

GRHebard
09-26-2011, 3:51 PM
yeah, im over it. this is going nowhere

Incrediblah
09-26-2011, 3:54 PM
While some things that "hipsters" do are annoying, I'll keep my hate where it belongs...blacks, illegals, politicians, winter, and blue balls. ;)

Really?.... "blacks"? The ignorance on this forum never ceases to amaze.

NHMike
09-26-2011, 3:57 PM
Because they are supposed to.....that's the law.

The law is to ride 2 and 3 across??? I don't think so. I'm fairly certain it is now written anyplace for them to take up the entire road. I don't drive a fucking Prius or some other fag machine. I drive a big, loud, obnoxious, fire breathing V-8. They knew I was behind them, they were being fucking cock suckers by not moving the fuck over, period.

It's obvious you're one of the jack ass bicycle riders who thinks you own the fucking road. Fuck you and your spandex.

NHMike
09-26-2011, 3:59 PM
fuck it, im a hipster for sure (live in denton texas check out all the cool bars listen to "scene" music) growin my hair out for dreads and all the sorta hipster fun stuff. but fuck it, i love choppers. btw i ride scooters occasionally but mostly im on my sporty. so who gives a fuck? im not a 1% but i dont wanna be a fuckin 1%, ide rather work at a bicycle shop with some chill ass dudes then ride around with a bunch of dicks.

What a fag.

dillweed
09-26-2011, 4:21 PM
What a fag.

u talk shit on the internet. ur cool

ChopEmUp
09-26-2011, 4:49 PM
Really?.... "blacks"? The ignorance on this forum never ceases to amaze.

I thought the wink might be enough to note my sarcasm, but It's ok if it was lost on you. Who takes anything on this forum seriously, anyways?

NHMike
09-26-2011, 4:58 PM
u talk shit on the internet. ur cool

Don't hate on me man. I think ALL Hipsters are fags, so it's not just you.

Incrediblah
09-26-2011, 5:08 PM
I thought the wink might be enough to note my sarcasm, but It's ok if it was lost on you. Who takes anything on this forum seriously, anyways?

My bad. I think all this Internet heroism going on in this thread got me all fired up. I should know better. :o

ChoppyGee
09-26-2011, 5:12 PM
for a choppersite there sure is alot of squares and bullshit.

billdozer
09-26-2011, 5:56 PM
OK, another thread locked and junkpiled. Nice work, fellas.