PDA

View Full Version : Kinda don't know what to think ....

KT
10-23-2010, 6:32 PM
about this Triumph ...Some neat shit some way out designs ...but it stirs a not sure how I feel about this ... like it, don't like it ... It looks alittle on the holy shit that does'nt fly apart? ...but then the how the hell do you get away with that feeling... The woman it was built for says she has it to ride it not show , so maybe the damn thing is road worthy ... Never seen it before thought maybe some others have'nt either...

http://image.streetchopperweb.com/f/8736788+w750+st0/0605_stcp_01_z+1955_Triumph_t_100_custom_chopper+s ide.jpg

Here is a link to all the pictures and article ...
http://www.streetchopperweb.com/features/0605_stcp_1955_triumph_t_100_custom_chopper/index.html

joeythebrush
10-23-2010, 7:15 PM
im confused too, not sure what to think. road worhy? who knows

SMChewy
10-23-2010, 7:41 PM
BEAUTIFUL!!!!! That is a true work of art. The single sided rigid is a great idea! The front end is cool too. I just wonder if they had to make the steering tube that long for stability. The bicycle type top of the front end had been used by Jesse Rooke and lots of others. The lower half of it probably uses a torsion style spring inside the pivot point, another great idea!!!!! The bends are just for looks. Keep in mind, rake and trail are actually based on the pivot points. it doesn't matter how you support it between the pivot points. He could have made it a complete circle as long as he calculated for where it pivots off the bottom of the steering tube, and comparison to the axle or center of the wheel. Too cool. Gotta love those crazy Swedes!

Sighless
10-23-2010, 8:00 PM
???????:confused:

It's not my style. Lot's of interesting ideas though........

Ok, I lied I really dislike this bike.

LinkBelt
10-23-2010, 9:37 PM
I saw a video of the guy who built that bike actually riding it. I was blown away when I first saw it two. There is just to much going on with it for my taste. Don't know if anyone has seen a pic of the other side of this bike but the front wheel is only supported on the one side and the back wheel is supported on the other. Here it is a pic of the other side.

Torch
10-23-2010, 9:37 PM
this is one of these things that happens when people try too hard to be different.
road worthy?...looks like those exhaust pipes are gonna be real hard on the valves and without a headlight, taillight, generator, sure you can ride it around the block but you're not gonna take it on a all day mile ride.
I guess is all depends on your definition of "Road worthy"

SMChewy
10-23-2010, 10:08 PM
this is one of these things that happens when people try too hard to be different.
road worthy?...looks like those exhaust pipes are gonna be real hard on the valves and without a headlight, taillight, generator, sure you can ride it around the block but you're not gonna take it on a all day mile ride.

The headlight is on the front end. Look by the axle my man. It looks like the tail might be mounted off the rear axle as well. The exhaust, I agree 100%. Probably killed any performance that thing had, and I sure wouldn't run it too close to redline. Like you said, I'm sure it's not his cross country tourer, but if you got another one in the stable as a daily already, why the hell not build something off the wall. Still a million times better than any gay ass theme bike I've ever seen. Not jumpin anyone's shit, everyone is entitled to their opinion, and mine says it ROCKS!!!! Here is a bunch of smileys so no one gets the wrong idea. Ha ha :p
:):D:clap for you::cheersmate:

CRFyou
10-23-2010, 11:31 PM

i agree. they're trying too hard.

being subtle is an art form. that engine deserves better.

the rear rigid section could be cool but all that hippie, drugged out shit going on in the front is too much for me.

Torch
10-24-2010, 5:10 AM
The headlight is on the front end. Look by the axle my man. It looks like the tail might be mounted off the rear axle as well. The exhaust, I agree 100%. Probably killed any performance that thing had, and I sure wouldn't run it too close to redline. Like you said, I'm sure it's not his cross country tourer, but if you got another one in the stable as a daily already, why the hell not build something off the wall. Still a million times better than any gay ass theme bike I've ever seen. Not jumpin anyone's shit, everyone is entitled to their opinion, and mine says it ROCKS!!!! Here is a bunch of smileys so no one gets the wrong idea. Ha ha :p
:):D:clap for you::cheersmate:

Sorry man, Never saw the headlight, my vision was blurred by tears,
I was thinking because of a horribly disfiguring accident, the bike's front end was amputated and fitted with a prosthetic front end.
and for the rider, I was wishing him a speedie recovery too......
I'm so glad everyone is ok..... :)

LinkBelt
10-24-2010, 8:43 AM
What would make this bike look good to me? I think that there isn't even room on e gay for that front wheel so it must be trashed, Cut down the neck and run a massive over springer with a classic spoke wheel and a set of drag bars, a set of high pipes. The single sided rear kinda scares me so Id'e have to change it maybe a bird hard tail. I do like the way the rear finder rolls up under the tire but Id'e add a big sissy bar and a king and queen seat.

LiPcHiTs65
10-24-2010, 5:31 PM
Corn in my shit looks better than that thing !!

Shoots
10-25-2010, 4:24 PM
That is crazy no way I would ride that too many weak spots.

Hoofhearted
10-25-2010, 7:25 PM
A classic case of because you can. To quote my Dad after listening to the details and cost of restoring a '28 Ariel flathead 350. "What a waste of time and money!!"

Kristopher
10-26-2010, 6:19 PM
I dig the single sided rigid frame and rear fender. Everything else just kind of weirds me out.

garbage
10-26-2010, 7:01 PM
This builders friends clearly hate him, I mean none of them stopped him. Anyway, it's very silly looking to me. It falls under the old adage, just because you can doesn't mean you should.

ridemore16
10-26-2010, 7:24 PM
I also like the single sided rigid frame and can appreciate the work that went into the bike. Not an everyday rider for sure, but it's a pretty cool work of art.:killerjob:

Torch
10-27-2010, 11:15 PM
about the only thing that could make that bike any more ugly is to put white walls on it..........oh, wait

billdozer
10-27-2010, 11:58 PM
Long winters in Finland, or so I've heard.

Gonzo151p
11-02-2010, 6:52 PM
Its like a train wreck. you just cant stop staring and sayin what the fu#$. I can understand bein differant and can respect that..What did he smoke for breakfast to come up with that??!!! To each is own.:eek::confused::cheersmate:

milehigh
11-17-2010, 9:13 PM
Too much. There is so much going on it cant be safe. I do have a couple q's. 1-Is there suspension in the front end? looks like a rocker of sorts, like one on a harmon. 2- That rear end still looks bolted on, isnt that creepy? 3- thats gross.

61xlh
11-26-2010, 9:57 AM
way too many problem areas for my taste. nice work, tho.
how bout this one?
http://image.streetchopperweb.com/f/8760485/0610_stcp_12_z+2006_custom_isto_omega+side_view.jp g.jpg