PDA

View Full Version : Need one piston 78 CB750F Super Sport

Rudehog
09-06-2009, 12:35 AM
Like the title sez, new or good used. Let me know what you have, not a flat top. It has a dome top.

-Eric

Doubleclutch
09-06-2009, 9:46 PM
Why would you want to put only one piston in and being used at that? Sence you have the top end torn off the smart thing to do would be to put all new pistons and rings in so you don't have to tare into the engine again in a couple months. Do it right the first time and you will save cash and time in the long run. And if you don't have the cash right know to do it right then save up till you can. Just my 2 cent's

eightthirtysixcc
09-07-2009, 9:14 AM
Go to Honda, say: "hey I need a new piston for a 1978, cb750f." Then the guy at the counter ask for the secret password. Just hand him your credit card, then you get parts in 2-3 days. Buy new rings for extra cool outcome.

You need a new head gasket anyways and if you don't use the high quality Honda one you will have leaks in 1,000 miles.

Rabbit
09-09-2009, 12:05 PM
You can get big bore pistons fairly cheap too from Cycle X to make a 836 or 850, depending on your pockets...plus they have complete top end gasket kits too.