PDA

View Full Version : new user

kllrjo
10-11-2010, 9:14 AM
wassup?
kllrjo here from sunny tampa fla. like everybody else, i looked at all the other chop sites and decided on this one for the lack of "know-it-alls" and childish "you cant sit at our lunchroom table" BS!
i`m a 52 yr old greybeard who builds custom,70`s style TRIUMPH choppers....dont know it ALL, but when it comes to TRIUMPHS, i do know most of it!.first registered TRIUMPH was in 72, here`s a sample:

got 4 or 5 more that i`ll load latr!

kllrjo
10-11-2010, 9:17 AM
BTW~ i`m the guy in blk in the black bike-of-the-night photo.

Bret
10-11-2010, 9:19 AM
Welcome aboard!

kllrjo
10-11-2010, 9:28 AM
thanx bret,
into just about ALL british bikes,`ELL, make that ALL bikes! and ALL styles! chopped,stock,bobbed,cafe`d,brat[whatever that is!]
youll NEVER hear me critisize what someone else is biulding, choppers,[and customs of all sorts] are expressions of personal taste, and shouldnt be critized!
[JUST LIKE THE ART THAT THEY ARE!!!!!!!!!!!!]

garbage
10-11-2010, 10:07 AM
Neat triumphs. The black one looks "well loved".

NHMike
10-11-2010, 10:55 AM
Welcome aboard man!! TONS of Trumpheads around here.

Good looking rides!

kllrjo
10-12-2010, 1:36 AM
thanx guys, that black bike is a lot of fun and something of an anacronism...bought a couple of basket cases, and biult one bike from them..found barnett rancing clutches,250 main jet,dremal marks all over the intake and probably 11-1 hi comp pistons in a single carb engine! didnt make much sense to me, if your gonna biuld a hotrod, wouldnt you biuld a twin carb engine?then an old friend told me that a LOT of single carb engines were biult for flatrack use....makes sense now.bike is EXTREMLY FAST![as long as you run 110 octane race fuel,hi-comp pistons dont like the 98octane] this is a "catalogue bike" from back in the 70`s, every aftermaket part could be orderd and lots of these things were biult! bike is well loved by everybody as everybody seems to have had a uncle/older brother/friend who had one "just like it" back in the day! bike has taken bike of the night a few times and got bike of the month[against a pro-biult,but gaudy as f*ck harley] and a small blurb/photo in "born to ride" mag SOLEY on the aspect of being a "survivor" bike![sure as hell didnt get it on the custom paint!] this bike gets ridden hard often and washed seldom......road film looks GOOD on this bike and most of the yups tend to stare in disbelief that i actually ride the hell outta this thing!