PDA

View Full Version : ? hard tail frame ?

brettcox
10-07-2010, 8:16 PM
ok im new to this and need some help....this is my first build and i picked up this from and the guy said it was a 1958 triumph bonneville but i dont think it is....it dont look like any that i have seen...so please if you know what this is let me know thanks 7797

Torch
10-07-2010, 8:57 PM
ok im new to this and need some help....this is my first build and i picked up this from and the guy said it was a 1958 triumph bonneville but i dont think it is....it dont look like any that i have seen...so please if you know what this is let me know thanks 7797

There wasn't any Bonneville's until 1959, and that ain't one of those either. I don't know what it is except it, is yours.
screw it.. put a motor in it and ride.

KT
10-07-2010, 9:07 PM
hard to tell with that small picture but like torch said it is not a Triumph maybe a BSA ? and I only say that because of the two down tubes right infront of the hardtail section look bsa to me but the samll pic makes it hard to tell really...

gravelveins
10-07-2010, 9:22 PM
crazy man, I almost got this off of the guy several months ago..
he was telling me it was a triumph then too.
on the left side of the frame on the frame rail that comes from
the neck to to where the kick stand should be,
should be a flatter spot with some #'s stamped if it's a BSA

hope I made sense, and hoped this helped.

brettcox
10-07-2010, 9:57 PM
Thanks and I have not got it yet this guy wants my kz chop and I'm looking for a new project for winter....I'll try to get the pic bigger

cooter
10-08-2010, 2:02 AM
a bitsa

TheLakewoodKid2
10-08-2010, 8:51 AM
looks like a bsa frame

fatass
10-08-2010, 10:46 AM
looks like a bsa frame

I'll have to agree with everyone on this. The front loop looks like it mine, which is a '69 Lightning.

MIKE47
10-08-2010, 11:59 AM
Pic is really small. Hard to tell details. It looks kind of heavy in the lower rear sections of the front loop. I know the kz 400 and 440 were like that and are really similar to the a65 frames. Those wheels are xr/xl 500. A good pic would help greatly.

gravelveins
10-08-2010, 4:27 PM
the only thing that makes me think it could possibly
not be a beezer is the lower motor mounts in the center rear of the frame
that's not how stock BSA mounts are...they have more of a sharper edge to them
like they cradle the engine, not like BSA that are triangle shaped

tried to find the pic the dude sent me when he wanted to sell
to me, but I must have deleted them.
sorry!

KT
10-08-2010, 5:27 PM
Pic is really small. Hard to tell details. It looks kind of heavy in the lower rear sections of the front loop. I know the kz 400 and 440 were like that and are really similar to the a65 frames. Those wheels are xr/xl 500. A good pic would help greatly.

I was thinking it could be a 80s kz750 or 550 possibly also they do look similiar to a bsa ... just no way to tell with that small pic ...Actually if it was me I would steer clear just because the fact if the guy doesnt seem to know wth he has what else is wrong there too ...

brettcox
10-09-2010, 4:38 PM
ok thats to you all for helping me out i went and got the frame and it is a bsa trying to get all the bullshit paint off the left down tube now to get all the numbers...i can see what is A65 and there is more but cant see cause of the paint ill start a new post on what im going to do with it thanks again