PDA

View Full Version : timeing a boyer

unit650
09-11-2010, 12:05 PM
does anybody know how to time a boyer ignition. mine came loos and not shure if its right, i have a little rattle at top end under a load. i dont know which way is advance and which way is retard.

KT
09-11-2010, 2:44 PM
inner plate spins clockwise , so if you turn your outer plate clockwise you are retarding it turn it counter cw you are advancing it ...or get a battery and a timing light and open the primary and use the marks on the stator

unit650
09-11-2010, 4:51 PM
thanks man took all of 5 min. i noticed there is two sets of holes for the pillar bolts on the ign. plate mine are the on the 12 and 6 do you know what the other two are for my manual is vague on this issue.

KT
09-11-2010, 7:09 PM
nortons I think

Torch
09-11-2010, 8:40 PM
the two holes are BSA and Triumph, BSA's spin backwards from Triumph and on the back side of the Boyer stator plate you will see "Clockwise" at about 6 o'clock and "Anti-clockwise" at about 11 o'clock.
Triumph's and Norton's spin the same way.
*** those holes are initial starting positions only, proper timing should always be set with a timing gun. your timing may vary, and not valid with any other offer. void where prohibited. do not attempt to set your timing while on drugs or alcohol, common side effects are seizures and death.

KT
09-11-2010, 11:35 PM
BSA DUH! don't know wth I thought Norton guess I shouldn't answer questions on drugs and alcohol cause it leads to stupidity ....=)