PDA

View Full Version : Where to get wheels for Triumph Speedmaster ?

malloy
09-08-2010, 9:44 AM
I got a 2007 speedmaster.. the bikes ok, but i'm really not liking the cast wheels.. I was lookiing for a 21 inch spoke for the front and like a 16 for the rear... will a harley wheel work?? what is the axle size on these bikes... any help would be great.

dannyb
09-19-2010, 9:20 PM
with enough machining and money i suppose you could get anything to work. another option would be to buy a set of spoked rims off of a bonneville america and send the front rim off to get relaced to a 21. I dont know if the changed angle of spoke to rim would affect the front brake, but i doubt it, and i know guys have done it before on the TBA.

flirtingdisaster
11-05-2012, 1:37 AM
If you have a two disc front wheel, you will need a Thunderbird (3 Zylinder Model) hub. Then you can get it relaced. Theres a 21" kit available from British Customs. Backwheel from a America wil do the job and if you wnt, theres also a wide wheelkit available from BC.

Dan

jimg
11-06-2012, 4:41 PM
The hub is from a Thunderbird sport, that has 2 discs. But good luck finding one...The other way could be get an America wheel. Re-lace it to a 21" hoop and shave the fork on the side without the bake caliper. You will end up with a single disc front. You may have to get a smaller master cylinder. I don't know if the America and Speedmaster have the same front master cylinder.

flirtingdisaster
11-07-2012, 5:03 AM
Not so hard to find a hub from or for the old 3-Zylinder Thunderbird. You even get them new for not so much money.

Dan

jimg
11-07-2012, 9:42 AM
Not so hard to find a hub from or for the old 3-Zylinder Thunderbird. You even get them new for not so much money.

Dan

He has a speedmaster which has dual discs. The Triumph Thunderbird Sport has a dual discs and the axle is the same as the speedmaster. The Thunderbird sport hubs are a very rare now days after people found out that they fit. They do come up once and a while. I keep looking.

When you say 3-Zylinder Thunderbird are you talking about the Thunderbird 900?

Liveanddie
05-25-2014, 5:31 PM
I know this original post is a little old but I'm thinking about buying a salvaged 03 Speedmaster in need of forks. I also want to go with a 21" front wheel. Wouldn't it be a lot easier and cheaper to find a set of 41mm HD forks and run a HD 21 wheel? May need a spacer or 2, but why wouldn't that route work?

wnrn
05-26-2014, 4:03 AM
Spoke wheels off a trumpy America. You would have to drop a disc up front. Or British Customs do wire wheels. They do a 21 inch front.m

Liveanddie
05-26-2014, 5:29 AM
I was trying to find an affordable alternative to the BC kit.
I'm sure the BC kits are great if you can afford them and if very lucky to find a set of America spoke wheels.