PDA

View Full Version : Triumph motor mount spacer question

burndoubt
09-05-2010, 4:44 PM
Can anyone out there tell me how thick the two distance pieces that go on the bottom motor mount are? It is a 68 Bonneville, and the part number is F5532> Thanks for any help.

Coco
09-08-2010, 11:05 AM
Wondering the same but for a 1970 T120 frame vs. 1973 T140 engine.

dracko
09-09-2010, 4:26 PM
Just mic'd mine and both are 1/8" thick. frame is a '68 and the engine is a '71 (but would have the same cases as your 68)

Coco, aren't the cases the same for that T140 too? measure across where that stud goes through and i'll compare mine.

you get that Norton on the street yet?

Coco
09-10-2010, 10:15 AM
Just mic'd mine and both are 1/8" thick. frame is a '68 and the engine is a '71 (but would have the same cases as your 68)

Coco, aren't the cases the same for that T140 too? measure across where that stud goes through and i'll compare mine.

you get that Norton on the street yet?

Thanks. I'll measure later tonight at home and report back. The T140 motor and T120 frame I have is the only Triumph I've had in my possesion so I'm learing as I go with this one.

Norton is done but 10 minutes into the break in ride to bed my rings, I started having some issues. Bike seemed to bog down and get jerky at higher revs. I retimed and still the same symptoms. Thought it was the carb next so I tore a new Mikuni apart about 5 times. Messed with jets and cleaned everything out many times. Thought it was ignition after that so I waited a few weeks for a new Trispark unit. Bike still ran like shit. Now I orderd a new coil and will try that this weekend since I got that yesterday. I've waited a month and a half trying to figure this shit out and order new parts ect to trouble shoot. I'm ready to to start beating my head against the wall. I have a bike that has taken me 3 years to complete and it mocks me. I'm going mental and need to plate and register this thing before we can't ride which is end of October.

You can come by for beers and we can throw the empty bottles at my Commando.

Sorry for the thread hijack.

dracko
09-11-2010, 11:14 AM
You can come by for beers and we can throw the empty bottles at my Commando.

ha! i fired ya a PM.