PDA

View Full Version : Kevlar clutch plates

KT
09-03-2010, 7:44 AM
Ok so my Triumph has kevlar clutch plates , I adjust my clutch as follows set the clutch springs to flush or one thread in, set the rod to were it touched then backed it off just a pinch ,then adjust the cable at the engine till it is not pulling the cable but close then took the rest of the cable slack up with the lever adjustment ....

Now here is my problem I will have to adjust my clutch pretty often ...And right now I am dealing with it were I go to shift and the bike misses the gear or it with grind a bit going into 1st gear sitting still also I get up into the higher rpms of a gear it isn't a direct slip but it sounds as if the engine is winding harder then the torque or power being produced....I was told kevlar clutchs are weird till they break in ...Is this basically what I am dealing with and they will get better or is it something I have done wrong????

Torch
09-03-2010, 9:30 AM
Ok so my Triumph has kevlar clutch plates , I adjust my clutch as follows set the clutch springs to flush or one thread in, set the rod to were it touched then backed it off just a pinch ,then adjust the cable at the engine till it is not pulling the cable but close then took the rest of the cable slack up with the lever adjustment ....

Now here is my problem I will have to adjust my clutch pretty often ...And right now I am dealing with it were I go to shift and the bike misses the gear or it with grind a bit going into 1st gear sitting still also I get up into the higher rpms of a gear it isn't a direct slip but it sounds as if the engine is winding harder then the torque or power being produced....I was told kevlar clutchs are weird till they break in ...Is this basically what I am dealing with and they will get better or is it something I have done wrong????
the setting of flush is just a starting point, you should also pull the handle and kick it over and watch the plate spin true,if it doesn't, then turn witch ever screw will make it spin true. then leave the primary cover off and take it for a ride if you can't pull a wheelie the your clutch is still slipping. keep turning in on the springs until it will lift the front wheel, you should have also put the 750 springs in there.

fozz
09-03-2010, 11:21 PM
i hate to diagree with ya torch so i wont , thats good advise