PDA

View Full Version : need throttle help on brit

brandong
09-02-2010, 10:44 PM
My Norton's throttle is revving when I turn the bars right. I have had the problem on other bikes, but not this bad. I have 2 carbs and if the bars are left or center, no problem. I pulled the tank and tried to figure out where it is pulling the cable and could not. But, I can fell the plunger move when I turn the bars. I tried to tie the cables down so they did not move and it did not work. What am I missing?

Tito
09-03-2010, 2:27 AM
I had just put on keystones and had mine rev when turned it to the right too. Turned out (ha ha) to be the throttle cable was hanging up in between the handlebars and risers / fork cap on the left side. Only when I turned it though, and only about 31.6% of the time.

Keep looking, you'll find it.

Coco
09-03-2010, 2:52 PM
Try a different cable routing path or buy a new, slightly longer throttle cable. There is no way in hell your throttle should be activated by turning your bars.

Remove your tank and check your cable routing path.

brandong
09-03-2010, 10:35 PM
Moved that thing all over. Under over through and back, still does it. Pulled the tank and I swear I just have not found it. I even tried to tie down the cable so it could not move. It is something stupid, but it is keeping me up at night. WTF. The cable is plenty long, The only time it did not do it was when I pulled the grip off and laid it on the backbone. It does not move much, but it does bring up the rpm;s when I turn hard to the right.

Torch
09-04-2010, 9:48 PM
a lot of our customers make the mistake of zip tieing all their cables down to the point of suffocation and then bring the bike into us complaining about hard to pull clutch cables and throttle cables doing weird things, first thing we do is cut all those zip ties and let those puppies hang free.
the best cable routing is the large smooth curves and straightest route. let them find their own resting place, don't tie them down.