PDA

View Full Version : what's it worth q?

motorlou
08-20-2010, 9:25 AM
hey folks,i just had a quick question about how much a bike might be worth. it is a 1969 honda cb750k model and it is pretty much in stock form. it is in fairly decent shape. i found it for my little bro(free with title) i feel we shouldn't chop this one, maybe try to restore it or at least make it a little nicer than what it is now. it has 21000 original miles. don't have pics at the moment but like i said i was just wondering what would be a ballpark price for something like this. thanks in advance, Lou

Ember
08-20-2010, 9:29 AM
If it's not a sand cast bike, then it won't be worth much more than the later models. I'm sure there are people out there who will pay a little more, but if it's not completely stock, you won't get too much more.
I have a non cast '69 that I recently chopped. It was "customized" back in the early 70's and many of the original parts were taken off or painted/modified in some way.

NHMike
08-20-2010, 9:39 AM
I responded to you over on the Horsebaord. Check your VIN against the info at this site: http://cb750sandcastonly.com/

The guy who runs it is very knowledgeable on the Sandcasts. I actually gave Homebrews wife a sandcast 750 I had gotten in trade. She should be rippin up the streets on it next year.

KeithinSB
08-20-2010, 9:47 AM
I just got a 76 750/4 for the same as you paid for yours.
So I would say that in stock but not perfect condition, its worth about what you gave for it.
If you invest a few thousand dollars in it, you should be able to get a few hundred back.

motorlou
08-20-2010, 10:30 PM
welp, i believe i have a sandcast model. the vin on my bike reads cb7501004383. now what?

blackchop
08-20-2010, 11:51 PM
welp, i believe i have a sandcast model. the vin on my bike reads cb7501004383. now what?

welp you get rich off of ebay in a hurry.
at least thats what i would do.

motorlou
08-21-2010, 12:15 AM
the bike has the engine stuck so i am currently just soaking the cyls with pb blaster in hopes to be able to break the bond vs. pulling the head. you think i should try to get this thing functional and try to sell it or just part it out on ebay and such? i have asked around this evening and no one has gotten back to me just yet. you input is apreciated, thanks, Lou!

Ember
08-21-2010, 12:51 AM
You may get a better response over here- http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php

If it is a sandcast, clean it up as best as you can, and try to get it running if you have the time. If it's complete/stock and in decent shape, save it. If a pile, part it.

Wookie909
08-21-2010, 1:00 AM
Seriously, if it is rebuildable then keep it stock and ride the shit out of it. Or sell it on ebay for a nice profit and use the funds to buy something closer to what route you want to go

motorlou
08-21-2010, 1:44 AM
i thought from the moment i layed eyes on that bike it must be worth something! then the guy told me it was a 69 and that gave me another bit of inspiration. i figured from the get go that i would really rather just fix it up alittle and flip it. if i painted the tanks and frame you all think i would be defacing the value of the bike? the tank has some flames painted on it and the paint is all faded anyhow. something was done to the backbone tubes, not the big one in the middle but the 2 smaller ones on the outside...... like they got hacked off then repaired? i would like to get that fixed up alittle nicer and maybe repaint the frame? i just don't want to do anything that will make it look nicer but devalue the bike.....know what i mean? your input is really apreciated

TS
08-24-2010, 11:42 AM
If the paint is original don't touch it. Factory paint is almost always worth more than fresh paint no matter how bad you think it looks. But from the talk of flames painted on it I would guess it is not original, in that case I would do some research, maybe you could find out what the original factory color was and have it re-painted back to stock.