PDA

View Full Version : new factory metal works pre unit triumph build

thefactorymetalworks
08-12-2010, 8:10 PM
well its just the frame now but i figured i would start the thread on it just to give you a tease!!! this thing is fucking rad hands down

www.thefactorymetalworks.com

doodoo
08-16-2010, 8:14 AM
you're not going to put any paint on that purtty frame, are you?

Blacktopbandit
08-16-2010, 8:41 AM
It is one of the, if not the, nicest frames i've seen. beaut.

Bret
08-16-2010, 9:17 AM
Man, that's clean looking!

ridemore16
08-16-2010, 9:18 AM
That is so freaking awesome!!! Can't wait to see it built up!

thefactorymetalworks
08-16-2010, 7:17 PM
nah no paint brother just like it sits is how it will be run you need to see it up close to really get the full effect of this thing
www.thefactorymetalworks.com

GrayMitchell
08-16-2010, 10:44 PM
hey man, where ya been? havent heard from you in a while.

Pete
08-17-2010, 6:45 AM
Damn!!! Those welds (even from a distance) are beautiful. What material did you use??

Ogbobber
08-17-2010, 7:28 AM
Looks like stainless. That is the sickest frame I've seen.

thefactorymetalworks
08-17-2010, 8:38 PM
gray im glad to here from you bro you need to stop by we got a new shop lots of cool shit going on. what do you think of the frame?

thefactorymetalworks
08-17-2010, 8:40 PM
yes its stainless and thanks man that thing had to be welded on blankets to keep from scratching up the finish it will be the sickest bike know to man !

KT
08-17-2010, 9:48 PM
with not having a headstay mount it will be shook to pieces first 500 miles unless in a trailer but we have been here before huh =) does look damn nice ...just need to start using headstay mounts ...I know they look crappy and all that but with the talent you got I am sure you could come up with a cool looking mount...

thefactorymetalworks
08-18-2010, 8:18 PM
whats a head stay mount? i think im good my helmet fits pretty well thanks for your concern

KT
08-18-2010, 9:59 PM
whats a head stay mount? i think im good my helmet fits pretty well thanks for your concern

I get it the top mount is ugly and god knows looks is what matters who cares the exhaust falls off 5 miles down the road who cares it shakes like all hell and the vibration tears the top end apart it sure looks good in it's square at the bike show .......

Gepetto
08-18-2010, 10:05 PM
Lucas, that frame looks great!! KT, i'm not completely sold on the head steadies. I rode my bike for the first 6 months with out one, but then decided to make one up because it "should" be there. My bike vibrates ALOT more now than it did with out it, since it's been on my original fender broke, my oil tank broke and my hands went to sleep. I still have it on there but not sure of what works properly, the factory changed the set up several times over the course of years so I'm not sure they knew what was right.

CRFyou
08-18-2010, 10:10 PM
i would dump my girlfriend for that frame and she puts out very consistently. ask gepetto. he's always in there.

KT
08-18-2010, 10:18 PM
I dunno man mine are on and my hands don't fall asleep I also don't notice a horrible vibration ....I just know that a triangle mount is the strongest and it locks the engine in place ...When not there it allows the motor to work back and forth I am talking small micro movement but over time it adds up ... They also only changed that mount point a couple times and most changes were because of frame changes or engine changes for instance OIF they changed because of the frame change ..From preunit to unit because the engine changed ....

It is like The engineer said from Triumph There is the right way the wrong way and the Triumph way ....If you get away with it cool I won't try it on my stuff though no reason to it is not that bad of a sight and deal to just leave it ...But that's me ...

Lucas is doing some very nice looking things at his shop and I take none of that away from him , I am just picky and set in what I know works and what doesn't ...

Like people not clamping their pipes in atleast 3 spots ...No one believes you till they go and strip out the exhaust spigots on their head then they get it ....

thefactorymetalworks
08-23-2010, 11:25 AM
I dunno man mine are on and my hands don't fall asleep I also don't notice a horrible vibration ....I just know that a triangle mount is the strongest and it locks the engine in place ...When not there it allows the motor to work back and forth I am talking small micro movement but over time it adds up ... They also only changed that mount point a couple times and most changes were because of frame changes or engine changes for instance OIF they changed because of the frame change ..From preunit to unit because the engine changed ....

It is like The engineer said from Triumph There is the right way the wrong way and the Triumph way ....If you get away with it cool I won't try it on my stuff though no reason to it is not that bad of a sight and deal to just leave it ...But that's me ...

Lucas is doing some very nice looking things at his shop and I take none of that away from him , I am just picky and set in what I know works and what doesn't ...

Like people not clamping their pipes in atleast 3 spots ...No one believes you till they go and strip out the exhaust spigots on their head then they get it ....

once again this bike is not even close to being finished so put down your triumph manual and let me finish the build.
love
the factory metal works

TroopThrowback
08-26-2010, 5:08 PM
Let's not forget that the frame is for a PRE-UNIT motor. These motors always had top engine mounts not simply to dampen vibration but because the other motor mounts for the engine/gearbox were not known for their inherent rigidity, what with huge holes drilled in them for generators, chain tension adjusters, whatwithal.

KT
08-26-2010, 7:19 PM
Let's not forget that the frame is for a PRE-UNIT motor. These motors always had top engine mounts not simply to dampen vibration but because the other motor mounts for the engine/gearbox were not known for their inherent rigidity, what with huge holes drilled in them for generators, chain tension adjusters, whatwithal.

Thats all I was trying to point out sinner , not trying to bash the factory I think they do nice looking work but form follows function not the other way around ....You can run a car without a air breather but don't be surprised if it backfires and your car burns up ...