PDA

View Full Version : NRHS conversion kits

eliwolf6
08-28-2009, 7:05 PM
Just got a 883 to 1250 kit from nrhs in the mail, they seemed like helpful people on the ol phone. gonna put it on the bike this weekend, see if it bumps up the juice a bit, and hopefully the fresh new gaskets will solve a couple leaks i got goin on.. any body have any experience with these kits? pro's con's? got the lower pushrod seals from them too. got some oil comin out down there.

onigoroshi
08-30-2009, 9:59 PM
how did the conversion go? I'm thinking about doing 1200->1250, just emailed dan about it. what cams did you choose?

eliwolf6
09-01-2009, 10:08 PM
how did the conversion go? I'm thinking about doing 1200->1250, just emailed dan about it. what cams did you choose?

i went with the stock cams for right now, just did the pistons and cylinders. it was pretty easy to do. the pushrods are a bitch to put in the bases without rolling the seals, but it's alright.

my rockers are leaking now, definetly put new gaskets on all that.. they don't send those, but its a good idea.

and right now ive got a compression leak coming out of the front, between the head and the cylinder.

Dan is at Bonneville right now, so no phone help on that one.. we'll see what happens....

power is nice though

shiftace
09-02-2009, 9:21 AM
A 1250 with stock 883 cams is gonna feel soggy and fall off hard about 5k rpm. At the very least try to find some SE 497's or something. The cubes will up the power a bit, but those short valve events are choke that thing off big time. Now down the road when you can get some cams and maybe get the heads ported it'll be a screamer.

hyperlyte
09-06-2009, 3:49 PM
with upgrading to a 1250 from 883 do you have to do any tranny mods or upgrades? asking because i'm thinking about doing the nrhs upgrade from 883 to 1250 myself

eliwolf6
09-07-2009, 9:54 AM
with upgrading to a 1250 from 883 do you have to do any tranny mods or upgrades? asking because i'm thinking about doing the nrhs upgrade from 883 to 1250 myself

nope, the stock clutch and all that is workin good. might up to a stiffer clutch spring down the road, but so far so good

dirtyd
09-21-2009, 7:40 AM
Dan is a super cat , I have a good friend who put a topend kit on his bike and it roared. Since we live about 2 hours south, we rode up there to show him and have him look it over. He threw it on the dyno and tuned my partners bike for him... Yeah how cool is that. They make some good shit.

AfterHours
09-21-2009, 8:41 AM

This would be a waste of time & money. Get your heads ported,a hot ignition or put in cams. Bolt in cams are great,no need for grinding and smooth power. Your tranny will be fine,but if you do heads & cam the stock clutch will need a boost.

eliwolf6
09-27-2009, 11:25 PM
update on thangs....

ran 350 miles, takin it easy for the break in, ran alright, a bit rough around the edges. Took it in to Bob over at Bobs Garage (the first time shes been in away from home for work), he put a spyke ignition on it and some dyna coils, worked in a dynojet kit in the cv carb and dyno'd away, got it from 43hp up to 68. It runs so good, im stoked, pretty good power all the way through, way better than its ever been.... bob said i could probably get 5-10 more out of it if i put on a real exhaust, but who needs it.. love my pipes