PDA

View Full Version : Triumph guys, I need some info

lunchbox16
08-06-2010, 1:14 PM
I'm looking at a 66 t100 thats for sale locally. I don't know much about triumphs, but how can i pass this up? Needs a carb, headlight, wiring looks crazy, aftermarket round oil tank mickey moused on the side,....... the big thing is the kicker didn't make any compression. I pushed on it and it had no resistance, then stayed down. Bring it up and it stats up. Dunno if its the compression, gears, etc.
I'm wondering if you guys have any insight, or any suggestions as to what i should look for, common problems.

looking to buy it this weekend.
thanks
Chris

fozz
08-06-2010, 3:40 PM
if you cant passit up buy it , then ask on here , i will say check timeing side case an see if its roller bearing or bush you realy want the roller bearing if you wanna do some miles on it , there a great little motor a bit smoother than the 650 750s an one up just as fast

HelrichCustomCycles
08-22-2010, 4:26 PM
You are looking at a complete rebuild, if you ask me. No compression could be from a hundred different things. the kicker not returning is at least a missing return spring. it could be that there is no guts in the motor/trans. I would try to pull off as much as you can, inspection covers etc to look around in there. it is an easy motor to rebuild though.

Torch
08-22-2010, 7:13 PM
kick starter problems are common to the T100's, they ether break the kicker/first gear or the layshaft may need the be shimmed for the kicker pawl to engage the gear.