PDA

View Full Version : '72 TR6 Chop - As 70's as I can get....

hanshan29
08-05-2010, 5:58 PM
Hey, here's my '72 TR6 chop. I've been posting my progress with the paint in the Main Forum, but I figured I had better post new thread with the finished shots over here. I still have to run the fuel and oil lines and attach the brake light/license plate bracket that's painted to match the rest of the bike.
So I bought this from a guy I know last spring at a price you couldn't say no to and I'm on the fence as to whether to keep it or not really. It's pretty long and i'm more into short bikes with a small turning radius. But I figured it at least gave me a chance to play around with a Triumph and it needed some attention. Not much, just a clean up, rings and some paint. Of course now I love the way it looks and want to keep it. Hell who knows, I guess it's for sale for the right price like everything else. One thing's for sure, if I keep it, I'm putting mid controls on it and maybe new bars.

08-06-2010, 4:45 PM
never seen a totally sh*t build before; but you managed it.

ever considered flower arranging is more your thing?.

just a thought.

hanshan29
08-07-2010, 7:25 PM
never seen a totally sh*t build before; but you managed it.

ever considered flower arranging is more your thing?.

just a thought.

"Did i ever tell you about the man who taught his asshole talk?". William Burroughs from Spare Ass Annie and other Stories

Thanks for the pep talk big guy. Constructive criticism is welcome. Very uncreative insults are not. I mean, really? You went for the most obvious jab there is. You could have at least put a little bit of thought into your insults and ask if I got a reach around from the pixie that jizzed all over my bike or something. Just lazy that's what I say. That's what assholes are coming to these days i guess. Not even smart enough to come up with an original insult. Sad. Just sad.

fozz
08-07-2010, 8:05 PM
Ok constructive ,, get rid off the seat the pink then stand back. theres a bike in there somewhere just trying to get out. .

now i think this bike was made by a 70 s gay pimp that seat was made to stop his stoned ass male whore from falling off the back if your gonna sell it dont advertise it just cruise the gay bars youll find a buyer there ,,

im not trying to be insulting just saying it the way i see it .truly man theres is a great bike in there somewhere lets see if you can find it

KT
08-07-2010, 9:35 PM
WoW tough crowd ...It isn't that bad ..I see things personally I would change paint,seat and lose the forwards ..That's just a personal taste though .........Man has a bike he went his way with it .. but whatever no biggy ....But I have a bright ass huge blue flaked Triumph so wtf do I know I heard somewhere flake is for fags ....

hanshan29
08-07-2010, 9:38 PM
Ok constructive ,, get rid off the seat the pink...
now i think this bike was made by a 70 s gay pimp that seat was made to stop his stoned ass male whore from falling off the back ....

Hah!! That's cool, everyone's entitled to their opinion. At least it's a bit more imaginative! You're going to have to be at least a little bit coherent for me to understand the first line about the pink though. It makes literally no sense. As for looking like it was made for a '70's gay pimp.....well that was kind of the point. Most of the '70's style bikes I've seen are long, digger style bikes, with that style of seat and over the top paint jobs. You pull the paint jobs off them and all you have is an ungainly and difficult to ride chunk of metal. But hell maybe I got it completely wrong. Or maybe this is my payback for calling all those guys on their stock sporty's and stuff gay. What goes around comes around?!LOL Y'know the funniest part is all the positive comments I got for the paint job in the Main Forum section while it was still in progress. But 10 or 12 positive comments to 2 negative isn't bad in my opinion.

doubt
08-07-2010, 9:42 PM
just replicate everyone elses bike and then they wont think your gay.

CRFyou
08-07-2010, 9:59 PM
i've found some rules for building choppers.

candy paint is ghey
metalflake is ghey
flat black is ghey
gloss black is ghey
king and queen seats are ghey
forward controls are ghey
etc.

conversely....

candy paint rules
metalflake rules
flat black rules
gloss black rules
king and queen seats rules
forward controls rule
etc.

also some buzz words.... vans, flannels, cool kids, california, emo, punker, skater, pussy fart.

if you use the right combo, you're in there.

hanshan29
08-07-2010, 10:02 PM
WoW tough crowd ...It isn't that bad ..I see things personally I would change paint,seat and lose the forwards ..That's just a personal taste though .........Man has a bike he went his way with it .. but whatever no biggy ....But I have a bright ass huge blue flaked Triumph so wtf do I know I heard somewhere flake is for fags ....

Hah, that's cool man. I totally agree on the forwards. Just don't like them, never have. I have mids on my flatty and that's the way to go. The seat's a leftover from something I tried on my little flathead and you know it was one of the only things I really liked about this bike.lol Funny how people see shit differently.
As for the paint, really the shape of the tank stumped me. I don;t have the cash to get another tank and give the bike a more traditional look. The long and low thing is no good for traditional anyway really. And the whole '70's over the top deal was the only thing that came to mind. A chance to step out of my comfort zone and try something different too. And a chance to see how fancy I could get with spray bombs.
Now, the thought just came to mind that if this bike is pissing people off and offending their senses....then cool. That's pretty neat. My flatty is getting a little too socially acceptable for my liking anyway. Maybe i should keep this thing even if it does have turning radius like a Peterbilt.LOL

hanshan29
08-07-2010, 10:05 PM
i've found some rules for building choppers.

candy paint is ghey
metalflake is ghey
flat black is ghey
gloss black is ghey
king and queen seats are ghey
forward controls are ghey
etc.

conversely....

candy paint rules
metalflake rules
flat black rules
gloss black rules
king and queen seats rules
forward controls rule
etc.

also some buzz words.... vans, flannels, cool kids, california, emo, punker, skater, pussy fart.

if you use the right combo, you're in there.

Favorite post of the day man. Do you mind if I put that up on the wall in my shop?

CRFyou
08-07-2010, 10:07 PM
Favorite post of the day man. Do you mind if I put that up on the wall in my shop?

actually, i insist that you put that up on the wall of your shop.

if you want my proclivities on anything else, just ask. we can put shit in your will, tattoo it on your chick, or anywhere else words can go.

fozz
08-07-2010, 10:13 PM
ill give ya 9 outa 10 fa having balls rideing it , shit id get hell from my mates never live it down

as fa the pink it looks like a lavender pink on my com

ya get a + fa having a sense of humor

CRFyou
08-07-2010, 10:18 PM
ill give ya 9 outa 10 fa having balls rideing it , shit id get hell from my mates never live it down

as fa the pink it looks like a lavender pink on my com

ya get a + fa having a sense of humor

on a side note, fozz. we have discussed the fact that you're from NZ. but are you a maori?

you talk/type like a caveman, or a third grader. i can't catch that shit like a mother fucker.

if you are a maori, please don't come over here to give me a smash on the noggin. i know you islander bastards can take a punch like miley cyrus takes a dick.

http://remotetribes.com/images/tribe/maori.jpg

fozz
08-07-2010, 10:45 PM
on a side note, fozz. we have discussed the fact that you're from NZ. but are you a maori?

you talk/type like a caveman, or a third grader. i can't catch that shit like a mother fucker.

if you are a maori, please don't come over here to give me a smash on the noggin. i know you islander bastards can take a punch like miley cyrus takes a dick.

http://remotetribes.com/images/tribe/maori.jpg

No im not a maori nor a pacific islander , im just a caveman , these fuckin computers are a pain in the ass to use , im to lazy to check what i write.an school was a place i went to stir shit ,

please be less agressive when refering to our pacific brothers as we are still negotiating the terms of our occupancy of this land,&we dont want to upset them any more than we have to and feel free to send post paid 45700 free tickets so as they can visit your land so as to obtain a higher than 3 rd grade education , sicerly fozz

PS does miley cyrus take dick mmmmmmmmmm interesting WHOS ?

CRFyou
08-07-2010, 10:58 PM
No im not a maori nor a pacific islander , im just a caveman , these fuckin computers are a pain in the ass to use , im to lazy to check what i write.an school was a place i went to stir shit ,

please be less agressive when refering to our pacific brothers as we are still negotiating the terms of our occupancy of this land,&we dont want to upset them any more than we have to and feel free to send post paid 45700 free tickets so as they can visit your land so as to obtain a higher than 3 rd grade education , sicerly fozz

PS does miley cyrus take dick mmmmmmmmmm interesting WHOS ?

i got in trouble at school, but it was for talking too much and arguing with teachers. which is pretty un-fucking-believable. those cunts thought they knew everything.

i don't want to disrupt the negotiations with the indigenous people of NZ. they can be a bit hard headed if you're picking up what i'm putting down. but i'm sure you already knew that. savages...

anyway... there will be no need to send for those people as i'm sure they love their home country.

miley cyrus takes my dick. i wrote all about it.

http://www.chopcult.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4846

fozz
08-07-2010, 11:09 PM
i just forwarded that on to billy ray im sure he doesnt like shareing., ps you will have to arange for a marae aka a meeting house when they visit ( the natives that is )

menu Puha an Pakeha (pakeha being white men ) ya can subsitute pork we taste very similar they might not catch on

nice to know im not the only one played up in school ,

KT
08-07-2010, 11:45 PM
Hah, that's cool man. I totally agree on the forwards. Just don't like them, never have. I have mids on my flatty and that's the way to go. The seat's a leftover from something I tried on my little flathead and you know it was one of the only things I really liked about this bike.lol Funny how people see shit differently.
As for the paint, really the shape of the tank stumped me. I don;t have the cash to get another tank and give the bike a more traditional look. The long and low thing is no good for traditional anyway really. And the whole '70's over the top deal was the only thing that came to mind. A chance to step out of my comfort zone and try something different too. And a chance to see how fancy I could get with spray bombs.
Now, the thought just came to mind that if this bike is pissing people off and offending their senses....then cool. That's pretty neat. My flatty is getting a little too socially acceptable for my liking anyway. Maybe i should keep this thing even if it does have turning radius like a Peterbilt.LOL

My seat is actually almost like yours I just don't like the high back rest on those , I also like the tank and there is nothing wrong with that long look ...I'm not a big fan of the new lace,squares, and all the artsie looking paint being done lately although I do think those type paint jobs are like art and it takes a talented person to paint like that ...Just not my thing ....Hell if it runs it is doing better than mine right now

hanshan29
08-08-2010, 7:32 AM
Fozz: Shit it looks pinks???!! Hahaha, well Fozz that was not the plan! It's black, gold and silver and as for mates, well I ride alone and have always ridden alone so fuck'em right? Besides I drove a fire engine red Geo Tracker wannabe jeep for years so there's pobably not alot of gay jokes I haven't heard!LOL And I wouldn't piss off those Maori guys either! I saw a clip on a DVD of them doing a traditional song/dance thing for the guys from the metal band Lamb of God and they are scary fuckers!

CRFyou: It will be on my wall! I'll have to take down the chippendales....I mean Miley Cyrus poster to make room but it's cool I think I'll live.

KT: Hey thanks KT. I did go to a high school for the arts. Specialized in visual arts and creative writing.LOL So that might have something to do with the artsie thing.LOL I like the look of the long bikes, just not the ride. I was really stunned when I realized how ridiculous it was to turn this thing. My flatty turns on a dime. No forkstops so I can pretty much turn 90 degrees. It's awesome. The triumph seems like an awful lot of hassle to ride really. But this could be just a fluke. I'd love to get a chance to ride one of Sugar Bear's bikes to see how to do a real long bike.

Thanks guys, this is the most I've laughed in a long while! It was totally worth the trip to the fabric store with the wife to get the lace!LOL Pink though? Damn you Duplicolor and Krylon!! I think it might be time I invested in a bigger compressor and some real paint for the next one.