PDA

View Full Version : Just read this!

SportsterBob
08-28-2009, 1:07 PM
thats how tings really are!

http://siebenthalercreative.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/angry.jpg

SportsterBob
08-28-2009, 1:08 PM
it is "just" in the title. I'm sorry....

BlueCollarMoto
08-28-2009, 1:23 PM
I remember reading that on a blog last year. Good read. FTF!

ChopperTim68
08-28-2009, 1:37 PM
Hell Yeah, that's Fucking right on!!!!! To hell with all of corporate america and the greed that's kill'n our middle class way of life!!!!!

americanjunky
08-28-2009, 2:10 PM
"WILD HOGS!!!!!!" Whoops wrong thread. :)

CreepyJack13
08-28-2009, 2:17 PM
It's actually an FLGHRTSDEi. They forgot the i.

EnglandStGarage
08-28-2009, 6:55 PM
fucking awesome. anyone else read that article on the dark custom ad campaign in the horse? this is perfect.

the sad part is i know a bunch of people with dark customs and every one of them looks like they came straight out of the ads and think theyre pretty hardcore. only 1 out of the bunch has been riding for more than a year. funny how bikes go straight to peoples heads. so fucking glad my bike is 40 years old and i never have to step foot in those god forsaken dealerships.

dalebfast
08-29-2009, 4:43 AM
Goddamm right, I show up on my Ironhead, and everybody wanders over to look at it. I do the bash, and shit like that, and I fit right in... Love it.

Dale

beezerglide
08-29-2009, 7:22 AM
you should print out a stack and go take them to the local dealerships and covertly place them olong side the big ass price stickers hanging off the handlebars.

mad750
08-29-2009, 10:24 PM
I want to make that into a t-shirt!!

BigE
08-29-2009, 11:40 PM
WHO GIVES A FUCK!!! JUST RIDE THE GOD DAMN MOTORCYCLE ALREADY.
It doesn't matter if you just bought it with your credit card or built it with your bare hands.
All this "cooler than thou" shit is LAME. 'e'

swellguy
08-29-2009, 11:57 PM
It doesn't matter if you just bought it with your credit card or built it with your bare hands.Actually, to a lot of people on here, it probably does.

IronHollie
08-30-2009, 8:29 AM
this was made by a member of the Quad Cam Bastards...for fun really...around the time that the dark customs stuff started coming out. says a lot huh? it's kinda weird seeing it pop up on forums other than ours...it's was a LONG time ago that that was created.

and yes, to some folks it matters a whole bunch whether you bought your bike with a credit card or built it with your hands. my local stealership is running a radio ad that asks the question..."Do you have the cool it takes to ride a harley?" i don't wanna ride with some asshole that just bought his bike b/c he thinks it will give him cool...or make his already contained coolness more noticable.

JohnnyWolf
08-30-2009, 10:15 AM
Ha, I had forgotten about this! Still LMAO when ever I read it.

SCB's por Vida!

onigoroshi
08-30-2009, 10:54 PM
there are a lot of douches riding cool bikes and a lot of cool people riding douchy bikes, usually because they don't know any better. SFW.

BryanEOD
08-31-2009, 10:17 AM
there are a lot of douches riding cool bikes and a lot of cool people riding douchy bikes, usually because they don't know any better. SFW.
ding ding ding we have a winner... Even though I thought that rant was very well written and creative... I dont give a fuck what you ride as long as you enjoy riding!

Allen
08-31-2009, 10:37 AM
I'm sold. Who can teach me the handshake for my next trip to the dealer. Do you really think the girl with all the tattoo's thinks this is the right helmet, jacket, leg thingys with tassles (this post would be cooler if I knew what they were called) and gloves "really do look good on me?" I added all the accessories to my loan price so I can wear them home. (I wish I had a bagger, but all I got was a reacharound).

Easy
08-31-2009, 12:38 PM
I like HD doin what they do...I dont really want some douchebag RUB riding a bike like mine.Unless one of us built it for him and we can pay our bills from the honest work that some of us do.Dark customs is RAD! you can wave to me ill smile and wave back.They can even assume we are the same.."brothers".I like my vintage parts only semi price bloated rather than unaffordable cuz its "what the cool kids are doin these days" prices...Thats why I stepped away from pre 65 cars and trucks and have turn my complete focus on bikes for a minute.

we all have our opinions but this one is MINE.

Kokuma
08-31-2009, 12:51 PM
Yeah, I agree for the most part that "It's about the ride." But here, I'll be confident to say that its also about the passion we take in creating what we ride. Its the whole package deal when it comes to bikes that attract our attention: fabrication, paint, the stories, histories, etc.

THIS is a culture. The difference comes down to whether you are "buying" in to that culture or are immersed in it. I'm sure most of us are pretty savvy in recognizing who's the real deal. As for the rest, they can go about their business. We're not obligated to get along. My 2 pennies.

SPRINGER1978
08-31-2009, 1:12 PM
couple of ?'s
1. Where did you guys get your bikes,if the MoCo didn't build them originally?
2. Learn how to SPELL!
3. If you guys hate the MoCo so bad, why don't you ride something else? buying a honda goldwing would be more original than some of the crap i've seen here.
4. This is my first post but i've been lurking for awhile and it makes me sick the whining thats been done on here, talk about wanna be's most of you should go look in the mirror.
5. The people who buy into "the dark custom advertising" are in style which is important to some people, they are not trying to be "hard core" just trying to get laid.
6. Some of you have no idea what hardcore even is. who here has done more than a 5 year stretch? has too sleep with one eye open? lie on websites so they can't be found? pack when they go the park with their kids?
7. Let the MoCO make money,Let people live how they want,and stop posting bullshit and go live.

IronHollie
08-31-2009, 1:24 PM
couple of ?'s
2. Learn how to SPELL!
3. If you guys hate the MoCo so bad, why don't you ride something else? buying a honda goldwing would be more original than some of the crap i've seen here.
4. This is my first post but i've been lurking for awhile and it makes me sick the whining thats been done on here, talk about wanna be's most of you should go look in the mirror.
5. The people who buy into "the dark custom advertising" are in style which is important to some people, they are not trying to be "hard core" just trying to get laid.
6. Some of you have no idea what hardcore even is. who here has done more than a 5 year stretch? has too sleep with one eye open? lie on websites so they can't be found? pack when they go the park with their kids?
7. Let the MoCO make money,Let people live how they want,and stop posting bullshit and go live.

LEARN HOW TO SPELL!...says the guy who listed on his profile that he has a SPOETRSTER and a DICATI.

opinions are like assholes...i don't have to lick yours and you don't have to lick mine! oh wait, did i say lick...i meant like.

SPRINGER1978
08-31-2009, 1:28 PM
You are right. I blame the system for my prison funded G.E.D. dam government

Gent
08-31-2009, 1:56 PM
couple of ?'s
2. Learn how to SPELL!

Wow.....I've been married for 7 years does that count as a long stretch?

IronHollie
08-31-2009, 2:11 PM
seriously SPRINGER1978...here are some points to consider about your post...

why should we support the MoCo when they have never supported the custom culture? unless by custom you mean bolt on, over-priced, chrome doo dads with their logo on them. i would LOVE to see an ad poster with a stock sporty all surrounded by chopped ones with a caption that says "see all that you can do with a Sportster"...but i will not hold my breath.

why should i support a MoCo that sees that i paid thousands of dollars to buy one of their products and they laugh in my face when i ask for help with service or finding parts?

why not ride something else? i do...a '57 bsa. but i love my sportster first b/c it's small, light, powerful, agile, and versatile.

i can't answer about the whining. i don't tend to whine on internet forums...i save that for my old man at home. this forum seems to have less of that than most others though. if this forum is so full of whining why are you still lurking here? i mean, this is CHOPcult...i would expect to see a few posts slamming the MoCo or RUBS. also on this note, remember that there is as many so-called RUBS that can't stand us as there are of us that can't stand them. they look at us as greasy trash who defile our bikes by customizing them to our liking. or call our "measly" sportsters girl's bikes b/c they are small...knowing in the back of their minds that their asses would be seriously kicked in a race.

now for the part you're not gonna like...having been in jail, having to lie about who you are to hide, having to sleep with one eye open, having to carry a gun to take your kids out to play...these things a hardcore man do not make. or maybe they do in some folks' opinions...but i know plenty of folks i'd definitely label as "hardcore" (if i spent my time labeling folks) who have never been stupid enough to be in any of these positions. dumb enough to break the law, dumb enough to get caught, and more importantly, dumb enough to fuck over the kind of people that will hunt you...that to me sounds more like mindless than hardcore. but like i said before about opinions...

crownmotorz
08-31-2009, 2:28 PM
i have never done any time.. maybe i should have once or twice but thats a different story. but i still pack when i take my wife to dinner, is that hardcore?

i come from a place where all the chrome do dads and the leather tassels are cool. and its ok if you cant put that new windshield on, so just take it to the stealership and have them do it for you.

But for me i would rather be broke down on the side of the road with a couple buddies drinking some JD waiting on a truck to come get me, because the bike i built with my own hands..... broke.

Some people get it and some don't. Springer i dont think you get it but at least your more hardcore than me.

SPRINGER1978
08-31-2009, 4:17 PM
SO YOU MACHINED THE CASES AND CAST THE CYLINDER HEADS FORGED THE TRANSMISSION GEARS? you modified your bike, but some one else probably built most of it

BiGFinK
08-31-2009, 6:35 PM
SO YOU MACHINED THE CASES AND CAST THE CYLINDER HEADS FORGED THE TRANSMISSION GEARS? you modified your bike, but some one else probably built most of it

Wow. Really? That's the best you've got? Laaaaaaaaaaaame. Wait... I mean, "hardcoooooooooooooore."

JuanCarlos
08-31-2009, 6:35 PM
If you were really busy doin your own thing you wouldn't have time to know or give a fuck what your neighbor was riding or doing unless it was with you.

Jesus, give it a rest and ride your own fucking bike & live your own life

cHiCoD
08-31-2009, 6:46 PM
If you were really busy doin your own thing you wouldn't have time to know or give a fuck what your neighbor was riding or doing unless it was with you.

Juan...your such a "Bastard".

;)

IronHollie
08-31-2009, 7:27 PM

i don't even know where to go with this...where are you going with this? lol. i'm confused. why should i have had to make my own engine? i said above that i find the sportster superior...sportster are factory made by HD. i never denied that.

and by the way...someone else didn't build most of my bike. i wont say i did it alone but i did rebuild it from a stock frame ugly as beat up old ironhead to what it is now. my hands did much of the work.

IronHollie
08-31-2009, 7:33 PM

funny thing is, this thread started about a poster that was ours and not posted by one of ours. no big deal really, but we didn't bring it up. this is old shit to us. also, read the poster again...it's got NOTHING to do with what someone else is riding. it's one guy's views on willie g and the moco and the stupid ad campaign that they thought would work.

for a guy that says live your own life, you should stop being so asshurt about the qcb.

onigoroshi
08-31-2009, 7:54 PM
junk pile?

ChoppyGee
08-31-2009, 8:53 PM
If you were hard core you would'nt be bitching on here you'd be out riding the wheels off your death machine.

I own a "Dark Custom" I don't feel it makes me cool. I've never been cool ask the kids I went to high school with. I don't feel it makes me included in any culture. Infact I'm pretty excluded geezer glide ride'n leather clad land pirates don't like it because its a "girls bike" and you "hardcore chopsters" don't like it because its new and stock and a wannabe bike.
I bought it because for once in my life I wanted to own something new and for once and, perhaps the only time in my life I had the means to and so I did I bought an Iron because it was the only new bike I liked. Call me a poser or whatever but I'm out there riding the shit out of it any chance I get I'm loving it and I could care less what you're saying.

Its pretty much stock because any extra buck I have is going to my Ironhead or my bonneville bike or my car.

I just find it kind of funny. there's no difference in you guys ragging on someone for having bought a bike and its not being hand built and a bagger making fun of a sporty or an old ratty chop. In my eyes you're both exactly the same and you're both insecure and just looking for a dick measuring contest. Trying to affirm how fucking badass you are.

It does kinda suck how the dealerships have treated those into old bikes and such but I think that is all changes from dealer to dealer I know one shop where the owner thought my friends old honda cafe was the coolest damn thing he'd ever seen and let us use a lift for a few minutes to check something out.

I'm not tryind to explain myself i'm not trying to defend moco or anyone else i'm just saying if you guys are really that upset about it maybe you're "immersed in the culture" for the wrong reasons I thought it was about bikes. Old,new,custom, factory. running or not its all cool shit. I'll ride with anyone on anything if they love bikes they've got some respect from me. Lighten up and respectively get that stick out of your corn chute.

That is all.

Halwade
08-31-2009, 9:08 PM
ChopperGee is 19 years old, and he sounds smarter than all of us.

Hey Chopper, check your odometer later this week: I just added some miles to it. You've earned them.

cHiCoD
08-31-2009, 9:12 PM
in general:
go ride/build/buy, whatever you like and have fun on it.

that is why we do this shit right?

love,
Chico

cHiCoD
08-31-2009, 9:15 PM
ChopperGee is 19 years old, and he sounds smarter than all of us.

Hey Chopper, check your odometer later this week: I just added some miles to it. You've earned them.

yup.
100%

ChoppyGee
08-31-2009, 9:16 PM
Thanks Hal. I didn't know you guys could do that. It's appreciated though. Few miles closer to some parts! haha.

onigoroshi
08-31-2009, 10:37 PM
If you were hard core you would'nt be bitching on here you'd be out riding the wheels off your death machine.

I own a "Dark Custom" I don't feel it makes me cool. I've never been cool ask the kids I went to high school with. I don't feel it makes me included in any culture. Infact I'm pretty excluded geezer glide ride'n leather clad land pirates don't like it because its a "girls bike" and you "hardcore chopsters" don't like it because its new and stock and a wannabe bike.
I bought it because for once in my life I wanted to own something new and for once and, perhaps the only time in my life I had the means to and so I did I bought an Iron because it was the only new bike I liked. Call me a poser or whatever but I'm out there riding the shit out of it any chance I get I'm loving it and I could care less what you're saying.

Its pretty much stock because any extra buck I have is going to my Ironhead or my bonneville bike or my car.

I just find it kind of funny. there's no difference in you guys ragging on someone for having bought a bike and its not being hand built and a bagger making fun of a sporty or an old ratty chop. In my eyes you're both exactly the same and you're both insecure and just looking for a dick measuring contest. Trying to affirm how fucking badass you are.

It does kinda suck how the dealerships have treated those into old bikes and such but I think that is all changes from dealer to dealer I know one shop where the owner thought my friends old honda cafe was the coolest damn thing he'd ever seen and let us use a lift for a few minutes to check something out.

I'm not tryind to explain myself i'm not trying to defend moco or anyone else i'm just saying if you guys are really that upset about it maybe you're "immersed in the culture" for the wrong reasons I thought it was about bikes. Old,new,custom, factory. running or not its all cool shit. I'll ride with anyone on anything if they love bikes they've got some respect from me. Lighten up and respectively get that stick out of your corn chute.

That is all.

nice one, that was like a scene out of goonies!

seventhirteen
09-01-2009, 9:00 AM
booby twaps

Kokuma
09-01-2009, 9:40 AM
junk pile?

I agree. Seems people's (including mine) energies are directed towards something less meaningful than what we all were here for in the first place.

ohcmike
09-01-2009, 3:45 PM
they can just stay listening to reo speed wagon and wearing dockers fuck em

CabritoLoco
09-03-2009, 9:23 PM

That is all.

"and a child shall lead them"

im' just kidding ya dude, seriously though, good words, i think sometimes we all forget why we own our bikes.

ChoppyGee
09-03-2009, 9:40 PM
hahah didn't see a biblical reference coming into play.

I would just like to point out my rant was not directed at the Quad Cam Bastards, it was just merely my views on the "scene" and how its just become a fashion show of bad assness. So, I apologize if someone percieved it as an attack on the QCBs. I've talked to Iron Hollie a wee bit and she's really rad and i'm sure the rest of them are plus their bikes are ridiculously rad!

Unity folks thats all i'm saying old, new, American, Imports, hand built, factory bought who gives a fuck. its not about what you ride, its that you ride and how you ride it!

SportsterMike
09-03-2009, 10:07 PM
choppygee,

i gotta hand it to ya, best post i've read on chopcult yet. thanks for speaking for many "dark custom" owners. i couldn't have said it any better.

i still don't like your opinion on hard struts. LMFAO! kidding.

now everyone hug.

ChoppyGee
09-03-2009, 10:18 PM
hahah struts aren't all bad mike, they make awesome pry bars hahah.

I thought i might put some on my Iron until I rode a bike with some. If you're into it then shit nothing else matters.

SportsterMike
09-03-2009, 10:20 PM
the struts are a love hate thing for me.......like i said in another thread, i will make this rubbermount a damn rigid if it kills me......

ChoppyGee
09-03-2009, 10:23 PM
atta boy. you've got more balls than i do chopp'n up that nightie.(I cringed at that photo of you taking a grinder to your support struts) My Iron will stay a parts getter for quite awhile. haha

SportsterMike
09-03-2009, 10:34 PM
anyway back on topic.

i love the photoshopped QCB ad spoof.

NeoDutch
09-05-2009, 2:42 AM
QCB? I used to read there regularly. Now I can't. Seems my Sportster isn't "hip and cool" enough for them. Does that make them a bunch of elitest douches?

ChoppyGee
09-05-2009, 3:13 AM
if they're elitest douches so is every other club of any type anywhere to ever exist.

Clubs are for people that have things in common. their club is for a very specific type and style of bike.

If you want to be part of something so bad. Start your own club exclude who you like, its america damn it.

JuanCarlos
09-05-2009, 10:50 AM
if they're elitest douches so is every other club of any type anywhere to ever exist.

Clubs are for people that have things in common. their club is for a very specific type and style of bike.

If you want to be part of something so bad. Start your own club exclude who you like, its america damn it.

You're starting to make me think that the well thought out, reasonable & factual reply is superior to my typical born out of frustration for mankind profanity riddled replies.
Thanks a fucking lot for that LOL

onigoroshi
09-05-2009, 5:15 PM

Special People Club FTW

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/3623/matarazzo.jpg

Robzilla
09-07-2009, 11:50 AM
QCB? I used to read there regularly. Now I can't. Seems my Sportster isn't "hip and cool" enough for them. Does that make them a bunch of elitest douches?

Dutch, I am a forum member over there at the QCB. First, when you tried to join, and this is pure speculation, there are rules. You need to read very carefully what is required to join. NO STOCK SPORTYS, that's for the xlforum. First post after acceptance requires an introduction and PIC, you would be surprised at how many people don't get it. The forum became private, if I remember correctly, because there were to many lurkers, Companies getting ideas from us. The QCB Club members are really straight cats, they have there thing and expect people to follow rules. There are a ton of great people over there and it's a tight community. I wouldn't say they are elitest douche, just a great bunch of people with a great site, sharing great ideas amongst themselves.