PDA

View Full Version : Harley leaving Wisconsin?!?!

REV
08-05-2010, 11:33 AM
Says herehttp://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100804/ap_on_bi_ge/us_harley_milwaukee_breakup that " Harley-Davidson warned employees in April that it will move its Wisconsin manufacturing operations elsewhere if it cannot cut millions of dollars at the factories that build the bikes known as "Milwaukee Iron."

more shit that sucks i guess

1JUNKMANWV
08-05-2010, 11:41 AM
I took a pay cut to save my job, fuck its either that or nothing. If they move im crossing my fingers they move that shit to WV, fuck yeah ill put in an app.

tattoo2303
08-05-2010, 12:23 PM
they arenty going anywere its a bluff to get tax breaks

1JUNKMANWV
08-05-2010, 12:34 PM
they arenty going anywere its a bluff to get tax breaks

you make a very good point, GM did that for years here until finally they just left. i have a feeling though that they are already getting tax breaks.

imtheslime
08-05-2010, 12:57 PM
NHmike was all over this yesterday,
http://www.chopcult.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5582
Where you guys been?

Maybe they should cut their executive costs instead of labor. What do you think the CEO makes??
God forbid the guy should eat something other than steak and shrimp for a night.
He's probably never changed his own oil, let alone assembled a bike. While the guys on the line busting their ass making shit happen get to take the hit or lose their job all together. I'd take a pay decrease to keep a job but some of these clowns at the top should be effected as well.
Fuck it, let AMF have another whack at it.

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/4/541/6/Motorcycle-Blog-Post/Harley-CEO-Receives--6-4-Million-Pay-Package.aspx

QuadCamBastards
08-06-2010, 5:06 PM
NHmike was all over this yesterday,
http://www.chopcult.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5582
Where you guys been?

Maybe they should cut their executive costs instead of labor. What do you think the CEO makes??
God forbid the guy should eat something other than steak and shrimp for a night.
He's probably never changed his own oil, let alone assembled a bike. While the guys on the line busting their ass making shit happen get to take the hit or lose their job all together. I'd take a pay decrease to keep a job but some of these clowns at the top should be effected as well.
Fuck it, let AMF have another whack at it.

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/4/541/6/Motorcycle-Blog-Post/Harley-CEO-Receives--6-4-Million-Pay-Package.aspx

I just did a blog entry today on the HD CEO's compensation - cut and paste: http://quadcambastards.blogspot.com/2010/08/union-busting-profit-mongering-jackass.html

StoneHead
08-06-2010, 5:13 PM
I just did a blog entry today on the HD CEO's compensation - cut and paste: http://quadcambastards.blogspot.com/2010/08/union-busting-profit-mongering-jackass.html

Good write up man.

And some chubby old farts ride Sportsters.
Or Buells

Just sayin.

QuadCamBastards
08-06-2010, 6:05 PM
Good write up man.

And some chubby old farts ride Sportsters.
Or Buells

Just sayin.

You can be chubby. You can be old. I'm a little tiny bit chubby (workin' on it) and I'm getting old myself. Just don't be chubby and old while wearing a wolf shirt and sporting a 'stache while riding a bagger all at the same time.

imtheslime
08-06-2010, 6:47 PM

Thats a trip..... I hadn't read your blog before my comment, I guess great minds do think alike.

I just worked the dealer meeting here in Vegas and can't believe they didn't mention this move there, maybe it was old news by then.
They did say Wandell would be riding his new screaming eagle cvo to sturgis. If any of you see him there, kick him in the nuts, or where they would be for me.

Soames
08-06-2010, 7:24 PM
Corporate culture at work. What happened to the days when the CEO's pay was directly tied to the earnings of the company?

HD should take a page from Nucor's playbook.

number1son
08-07-2010, 12:00 PM
Maby they could focus on some stripped down big twins rather than 10 model's of $ 20,000 faggers.I also thought that it has to do with Union negotiations more so than taxes.

antisocialcreep
08-08-2010, 6:58 PM
thats not news, they are just going to quit pretending now... they will just move to china and have 10 year old sweat shop kids assymble the bikes now....with the chinese parts they have been importing over here for the past decade. honda goldwings are more american than harley.

REV
08-08-2010, 7:00 PM
^^agreed

johnnyringo
08-08-2010, 8:28 PM
they are a publicly owned company headed by a man who specializes in offshore and worldwide manufacturing. neither of these things are good omens for them staying in wisconsin.

my dad said "no way harley would be crazy enough to move overseas. couldn't they see what that would do to their image here?"

i told him not to discount the stupidity of company boardrooms. its called the firehouse effect. get enough firemen in a firehouse with no fires to fight and they will start to think alike, no matter how crazy the idea gets. boardrooms are the same.

hope they don't do it, but doubt it will make much difference to a lot of the crowd i see at the dealership every now and then. my guess is they head down south, to a right to work state to get rid of the union issues.

Soames
08-08-2010, 9:24 PM
my guess is they head down south, to a right to work state to get rid of the union issues.

That wouldn't surprise me. Remember all of the talk about York and the back and forth there? The Aprilla purchase signaled a change in direction for the company and I wouldn't be surprised if they focused more of their efforts on markets outside of the US for the foreseeable future. It's hard for US Manufacturing to compete when foreign imports are subsidized by currency manipulation...but that's a different argument for another day (and might relegate this to the junk pile so I'll stop there)

It's all speculation at this point anyways,

Cheers

upsidedownbob
08-08-2010, 9:42 PM
It's the same shit that every other company has been doing. Cut the price to satisfy the customer, but expect the same profits. Then you hold your employees accountable for the losses(which is an excuse for getting rid of them and then hire someone else at a cheaper salary or wage) Then the quality goes down and the product begins to suck. My company is doing the same shit. It makes for a sucky ass job and life. Oh well it's a job for now. But the worst part will be when all there is left is crap made in other countries or crap made here for slave wages. I said it "slave wages" Unfortunatly it is never ending with the greed going up and compassion going down. The only positive i can see is if everyone stops watching the so called rich and privileged and start watching themselves and their families. It is proven all the time we can survive with less. We don't need Harley Davidson(Even though I own one) , we can make cheaper and cooler bikes from used Harley's and foreign bikes. The USA is our backyard, but we don't need to buy US company products when we know they are raping our own neighbors and citizens of third world companies. Stand up and talk about it to anyone who will listen when you feel like it. Educate yourself on what companies and businesses are really american made and make good choices. Live with less. I am done ranting now.

QuadCamBastards
08-09-2010, 6:07 AM
It's the same shit that every other company has been doing. Cut the price to satisfy the customer, but expect the same profits. Then you hold your employees accountable for the losses(which is an excuse for getting rid of them and then hire someone else at a cheaper salary or wage) Then the quality goes down and the product begins to suck. My company is doing the same shit. It makes for a sucky ass job and life. Oh well it's a job for now. But the worst part will be when all there is left is crap made in other countries or crap made here for slave wages. I said it "slave wages" Unfortunatly it is never ending with the greed going up and compassion going down. The only positive i can see is if everyone stops watching the so called rich and privileged and start watching themselves and their families. It is proven all the time we can survive with less. We don't need Harley Davidson(Even though I own one) , we can make cheaper and cooler bikes from used Harley's and foreign bikes. The USA is our backyard, but we don't need to buy US company products when we know they are raping our own neighbors and citizens of third world companies. Stand up and talk about it to anyone who will listen when you feel like it. Educate yourself on what companies and businesses are really american made and make good choices. Live with less. I am done ranting now.

That pretty much sums it up. Seems like most people are too preoccupied with keeping up with the Kardashians than to pay enough attention to notice what's been happening.

TatdGasser
08-09-2010, 6:18 AM
Considering the CEO of my company was put on a presidential board to come up with ideas on how to keep manufacturing in America despite the fact that we recently purchased a large outsourcing company then laid off a couple hundred people, I think we can look forward to Harley Davidson Chinese Pride motorcycles in the near future.

SUPERKNUCK
08-09-2010, 3:03 PM
The big boys are looking for a way to move it all to china,hope them bastards like rice.

bobbed06
08-11-2010, 12:05 AM
Our country is going down the tubes and we as Americans are letting it happen. I am 32 yrs old and hoped to not see another depression and another war. I am afraid I will be seeing both. Things are gonna get way worse as far as economics go, and well you know with that comes political hardships.

number1son
08-11-2010, 5:38 PM
Yeah this shit is getting worse by the day. I can't count the number of people I know that lost their job and the ones who get new jobs are getting paid a third or less with no prospect of raises, these company's feel they should just be happy with having a paycheck at all. We are well on our way to being a third world country.