PDA

View Full Version : Texas DFW

zoomstbob
08-01-2010, 5:16 PM
Anybody from big D get in here, where are you. I'm in Allen.

mike1407
08-01-2010, 7:04 PM
im in mt. pleasant about 2 hours away.

BLuke
08-01-2010, 8:17 PM
RockWall up in this.

www.LUKEHUCH.com

MadRiverMoCo
08-01-2010, 9:08 PM
http://a.imageshack.us/img820/32/acebigd.jpg

Ace's place in Big D

KIRKtheJERK
08-01-2010, 9:22 PM
I'm 3 hours left.

66triumph
08-01-2010, 9:45 PM
im in mt. pleasant about 2 hours away.

I'm in Rusk homeslice... we need to assemble some sorta EA-TX meet... seriously.

-A.

MadRiverMoCo
08-02-2010, 9:48 AM
Highland Park Village - that's where you should meet

(on a more serious note - is Deep Ellum still abandoned? - neighborhood looked beaten down the last time I was thru Big D {last x-mas})

glorydays
08-02-2010, 1:29 PM
I'm in Dallas...

mike1407
08-02-2010, 4:21 PM
I'm in Rusk homeslice... we need to assemble some sorta EA-TX meet... seriously.

-A.

hell yeah we should, i use to go to rusk all the time. My uncle owned the pitt grill there, but dont judge me from that lol.

66triumph
08-02-2010, 4:43 PM
hell yeah we should, i use to go to rusk all the time. My uncle owned the pitt grill there, but dont judge me from that lol.

damn! seriously? I watched the sun rise in that greasy shit hole many times, and it wasn't from waking up early! they had decent food, just don't drag the Juke box out and re-set it yourself when it starts fucking up... ahh memories... it's some shitty coffee shop now.

I'll get to brainstorming, my family raises beef-master/limousine cattle, and has a shit ton of nice pasture land that would make a killer meet up, and we would be left alone by everyone. I have been kicking this idea around for sometime now, just worried that it would be me and about 6 other dudes show up, and only 2 of us on bikes... hahaha... if the interest is seriously there, I can make it happen soon as it gets a little cooler. fuck doing it right now, my ball sack hangs every door way I walk through...

-A.

zoomstbob
08-02-2010, 4:54 PM
I'd be there and on my bike but its not a cool chop though.

KIRKtheJERK
08-02-2010, 6:55 PM
damn! seriously? I watched the sun rise in that greasy shit hole many times, and it wasn't from waking up early! they had decent food, just don't drag the Juke box out and re-set it yourself when it starts fucking up... ahh memories... it's some shitty coffee shop now.

I'll get to brainstorming, my family raises beef-master/limousine cattle, and has a shit ton of nice pasture land that would make a killer meet up, and we would be left alone by everyone. I have been kicking this idea around for sometime now, just worried that it would be me and about 6 other dudes show up, and only 2 of us on bikes... hahaha... if the interest is seriously there, I can make it happen soon as it gets a little cooler. fuck doing it right now, my ball sack hangs every door way I walk through...

-A.

I'm in Abilene, but I'd be down...

mike1407
08-02-2010, 7:05 PM
im definitely down, and yeah early mornings at the pitt was some fun, kinda makes me wish he didnt do away with most of em, but im down when it gets a little cooler

66triumph
08-02-2010, 7:28 PM
I'd be there and on my bike but its not a cool chop though.

Doesn’t have to be... got 2 wheels right? I figure if I (we) only push the event on the CC and the JJ, we will be amongst like minded people. We have over 300 acers, and I know just the spot to do something like this... sometime in the Fall would be killer as it's beautiful around these parts then. it would be camping, bonfire, very large deep pond to fish/swim and a large square bale barn if the weather goes to shit. still lots of things to sort out if this were gunna happen, like brew, bathrooms, electricity and entertainment. Who’s the closest person(s) to Rusk on here?

-A.

p.s. there are tons of twisty back roads around here...

mike1407
08-02-2010, 8:46 PM
probly me

mike1407
08-02-2010, 8:54 PM
nothing against you place, but not far into Arkansas and Oklahoma there a few good camp grounds that we could all meet up and ride to. just a thought, if you we cant at your place

66triumph
08-02-2010, 9:13 PM
nothing against you place, but not far into Arkansas and Oklahoma there a few good camp grounds that we could all meet up and ride to. just a thought, if you we cant at your place

That’s an idea too... I wouldn’t have to worry about people raping the cows and burning the barn down... I would be awesome if we could keep it in TX though, and half ass neutral for the big-D and H-town. would prolly have a better turn out. the national forests in OK are beautiful though, and I'm down for what-ever. I'm just tired of not being able to go hang out and ride with people from this area due to the distance factor. I just cant swing NY, CA, or FL. I don’t know of a single person in any single city, that boarders my city, that is into these kind of bikes... If someone wants to get together and cook something up, PM me, I'd be more than glad to help set it up.

-A.

p.s. we use to have a once a month meet up at the local BBQ joint on a friday night, even something like that that would happen monthly would be cool...

KIRKtheJERK
08-02-2010, 9:17 PM
I'd also like to add...

Since I didn't make it to the TBR, I'd feel obligated to go. You could almost certainly expect me, as I'm itchin' for a good get-together. As long as it's not the week of Sept. 6th...

66triumph
08-02-2010, 9:36 PM
I'd also like to add...

Since I didn't make it to the TBR, I'd feel obligated to go. You could almost certainly expect me, as I'm itchin' for a good get-together. As long as it's not the week of Sept. 6th...

not trying to sound like a puss, but sept. 6th is too fuggin hot to be camping around here anyways... mid Oct-mid Nov. would be good.

-A.

mike1407
08-02-2010, 10:22 PM
yeah sept. 6, not good for me either(girlfriends bday) but anything would be cool, ill do some research of some good camp grounds in this area,

66triumph
08-02-2010, 10:37 PM
it would be sweet if we could plan the route on the less traveled highways. you can always take the quickest way back home. just thinking out loud...

-A.

DirtBagRob
08-03-2010, 4:06 PM
Hey,
Me and couple of other dudes I know on here live in FW, and I'm sure most of us would be down for a quick jam and some camping (definitely not until at least mid October- September is still way too hot) with like minded individuals. Keep the thread going or give me a PM when you guys get something locked down and I'll try to get the FW contingent together.

zoomstbob
08-03-2010, 4:50 PM
We should start a group. Definitely need to keep this idea cooking.

mike1407
08-03-2010, 6:45 PM
if 66triunph doesnt want to use his place im going to do some checking on localish campsites. camp site would probably be easier, already got bathrooms and such, just got to see which ones allow alcohol

66triumph
08-03-2010, 8:15 PM
if 66triunph doesnt want to use his place im going to do some checking on localish campsites. camp site would probably be easier, already got bathrooms and such, just got to see which ones allow alcohol

Honestly, a camp site sounds better and better. if it gets trashed, I don't have to work my ass off the next day. I thought about it a lot today, and since all of this stuff is pasture land, we have virtually no cover for shade, except for the fence line. besides, the land we have is right down the road, so unless we planned some sorta round trip ride, I wouldn't have any time in the saddle. I'm still down to help out in any way I possibly can. Any one feel free to send me a PM for my phone number so we can cook this shit up!

-A.

P.S. Mike, If you wanted to do any pre-scouting around the area I'm off every weekend...

66triumph
08-03-2010, 8:34 PM
b) Alcoholic beverages. It is an offense for any person to:

consume or display an alcoholic beverage in a public place; or
sell alcoholic beverages within a state park.

straight off the TPWD website... not sure how to take this, whats considered a "public place" ? the whole park? we used to go to the Davy Crockett natl. forest and party all the time, all we ever had happen to us, was a friend got a bogus littering ticket mailed to him because his pay-check stub blew out of his truck. so a national forest might still be an option.

-A.

mike1407
08-03-2010, 8:43 PM
Honestly, a camp site sounds better and better. if it gets trashed, I don't have to work my ass off the next day. I thought about it a lot today, and since all of this stuff is pasture land, we have virtually no cover for shade, except for the fence line. besides, the land we have is right down the road, so unless we planned some sorta round trip ride, I wouldn't have any time in the saddle. I'm still down to help out in any way I possibly can. Any one feel free to send me a PM for my phone number so we can cook this shit up!

-A.

P.S. Mike, If you wanted to do any pre-scouting around the area I'm off every weekend...

for sure, yeah i figured that about camping and drinking but i have done it too, a buddy actually did get a possession charge once in Oklahoma. but i wasnt for alcohol. idk ill do some checking and see what i can find

Jdavis0203
08-03-2010, 9:07 PM
Ft Worth

Super71
08-05-2010, 10:59 AM
Arlington

Poppy
08-06-2010, 9:03 AM
I'm in Plano
Went to the TBR, but left a day early. That was a long ass haul!
Losts of fun though.

xllance
08-06-2010, 1:00 PM
I'm in Plano
Went to the TBR, but left a day early. That was a long ass haul!
Losts of fun though.

Yeah Poppy, you shoulda stayed!! I was kind of a buzzkiller that last night, crashed real early. But man I was BEAT and I knew I had to do some miles the next day, but hell I guess everyone else did too.

Stayin with the thread topic.........I'm in Bryson, west of Ft. Worth about an hour.

Reject
08-06-2010, 1:09 PM
Got married to a Texas girl, currenlty live in Chicago but relocating down there next year. In Texas at least a week out of every month right now.

KIRKtheJERK
08-06-2010, 1:29 PM
Got married to a Texas girl, currenlty live in Chicago but relocating down there next year. In Texas at least a week out of every month right now.

Where are ya movin' to?

Poppy
08-06-2010, 1:31 PM
Where does everyone hang out?
Does anyone go to Amsterdam Bar on Wednesdays?

rockaphilly
08-06-2010, 1:42 PM
Carrollton area here.....

Reject
08-06-2010, 1:47 PM
Where are ya movin' to?

It's really up in the air. My office is in Irving but I'd love to have some land to live on. We've looked around Royce City, Frisco, etc..

Living in a suburb of Chicago I'm used to an hour plus commute so living in the country won't bother me much.

Poppy
08-09-2010, 2:32 PM
Is anybody interested in Tuesday nights at the Londeoner in Addison? It's not a bike night so it should be and it's a good pub so it should be relatively douche-free.
Who's in?

gparrish
08-11-2010, 11:10 AM
Not to change the subject but I've always wanted to see some kind of swap meet or Bike event at the McKinney Trades Days Facilities but I wouldn't know how to go about setting something up like that. And there are tons of FM roads in Collin County that are really cool

mike1407
08-18-2010, 10:45 PM
been checking around for this meet up, no camp grounds allow alcohol, any suggestions?

66triumph
08-19-2010, 6:38 AM
been checking around for this meet up, no camp grounds allow alcohol, any suggestions?

i noticed the same thing. I wonder how enforced the "rules" are in the national parks? I don't think I have ever been in one without drinking...

-A.

TroubleLeather1
08-19-2010, 4:06 PM
FUCK yeah!! I'm in BROWNWOOD!
Keep that shit here in Texas my ass is tired of going all over the damn country for some cool shit hahaha, Were i own country anyway's!!
Definently October-ish!

KrOwN
08-19-2010, 4:14 PM
IM IN for a texas meet!

gparrish
08-19-2010, 4:14 PM
I haven't been there yet and it seems a little cheesy but has anyone checked out this place? Near Sherman TX

http://www.loosewheelstexas.com/

mike1407
08-19-2010, 4:36 PM
i noticed the same thing. I wonder how enforced the "rules" are in the national parks? I don't think I have ever been in one without drinking...

-A.
me niether but i think theres gonna be more people then i had been with either

66triumph
08-19-2010, 5:10 PM
me niether but i think theres gonna be more people then i had been with either

yep, and on loud ass bikes, not 4-wheelers and Jeeps... shit, what now?

-A.

mike1407
08-19-2010, 8:31 PM
idk im looking for suggestions to lock a place down

GreaseStain
08-19-2010, 8:41 PM
austin TX always down , not always online if somethings going down and anyone would be so kind as to PM me that'd be awesome .. pm hits the e mail hits the phone..

Cheers,

Brandon

TroubleLeather1
08-19-2010, 9:49 PM
IM IN for a texas meet!

YA damn right, LORDS OF LOUD Texas edition gotcha covered!!!! Wes where u at? the year aint over yet son! you gonna make it down here before you know it! hahahaha GreaseStain i gotcha covered, won't leave ya out see you on Saturday with the travelin sparkley egg!!!!

66triumph
08-20-2010, 9:47 PM
idk im looking for suggestions to lock a place down

what about trying to secure a private owned camping site on the Guadalupe? we could ride down on Historic Hwy. 21 or something... shit I don't know, I'm just chunking ideas out, pipe up people, we all know "your down", but help us figure this out!

-A.

did I spell that shit right?.... oh well.

Poppy
08-30-2010, 11:32 AM
I agree. Private campground is the way to go. Preferably near water, food, liquor and a private school for girls. .

Poppy
08-30-2010, 11:53 AM
I did some checking. There's a bar on the Guadalupe called bubba's big deck inthe New Braunfels area. It's owned by a biker and I know it's a cliche'd looking place, but ya gotta start somewhere. I'll call them later and ask if there are some cool places to stay. It looks like we need to find a campground outside the city limits if we want to get loaded. Hell maybe Bubba will let us camp in back since his place is right on the river.

66triumph
08-30-2010, 4:58 PM
http://guadaluperiver.com/site/listing/campgrounds

I found these, they are privately owned, which means you only have to follow their rules, some of them are prolly pretty lax, others might be more strict... we need to find a place that justs doesn't give a fuck, if that exists...

-A.

KIRKtheJERK
08-30-2010, 5:32 PM
Yes! Guadalupe area would be awesome that time of year...

mike1407
08-30-2010, 6:21 PM
sounds good to me

Jumpstart
08-30-2010, 7:14 PM
Let the Lords boys from OK know. We're always down to travel for shenanigans and a little tom foolery. We're in a days riding distance as long as you guys don't get too far south.

xllance
08-30-2010, 7:58 PM
I haven't been there yet and it seems a little cheesy but has anyone checked out this place? Near Sherman TX

http://www.loosewheelstexas.com/

Cheesy. Doo rag, HOG crowd.

Almost in Oklahoma anyway!!

Poppy
08-30-2010, 7:58 PM
The guy at bubbas recommended either mountainbreeze campgrounds or rockin r. They both are used to bikers.
www.mountainbreezecamp.com pr www.rockinr.com. I'm preferring the rockin r, but whatever. rates are about 15$ per nite and the sites are right on the Guadalupe. The Rockin R is on some nice rapids for thsoie who want to ry to get in the river. I'll call them tomorrow and get the info.

dates? second or third weekend in October? The weather should be damned nice by then. I hope.

mike1407
08-30-2010, 8:20 PM
as long as it isnt during the 1-3 im good dont wana miss the goodguys shows anyone else going?

66triumph
08-30-2010, 8:38 PM
The guy at bubbas recommended either mountainbreeze campgrounds or rockin r. They both are used to bikers.
www.mountainbreezecamp.com pr www.rockinr.com. I'm preferring the rockin r, but whatever. rates are about 15$ per nite and the sites are right on the Guadalupe. The Rockin R is on some nice rapids for thsoie who want to ry to get in the river. I'll call them tomorrow and get the info.

dates? second or third weekend in October? The weather should be damned nice by then. I hope.

I vote the Huaco Springs too (rockinR owned). it looks to be the most laid back IMO... the sites are laid out pretty cool, right on the river, and even have electrical hook up's which will come in handy for charging cells and shit. keep us posted on how we need to go about securing the sites. after we get this all ironed out, I think we need to start a list of who all can for sure make it, perhaps start a thread over in the "events" section.

-A.

P.S. the second or third weekend in Oct. would be excellent. we gunna shoot for a friday ride down, sunday return trip?

Poppy
08-30-2010, 8:49 PM
Yeah, the juice is a nice option. I'll call them tomorrow. I'll volunteer to have the preparty on Thrusday night and house anybody coming in from out 'o town.

Poppy
08-30-2010, 8:55 PM
We're gonna need a name for this here run.
Suggestions?
WE had the STFU run, how aboiut the GFYS run
Go fuck your self run.

66triumph
08-30-2010, 9:34 PM
river run? (how origional...) run to the river? you could throw a "TX" in front of anything or "Lone star river run" "Guadalupe's gash" guadalupe get together? shit I dunno... I feel all cheesy now.

-A.

KIRKtheJERK
08-30-2010, 9:40 PM
How about, "The Guada Get Loopy Run?"

Haha... oh man...

mike1407
08-30-2010, 9:48 PM
river run? (how origional...) run to the river? you could throw a "TX" in front of anything or "Lone star river run" "Guadalupe's gash" guadalupe get together? shit I dunno... I feel all cheesy now.

-A.

anybody in my area, 66triumph this means you want to ride there together?

66triumph
08-30-2010, 10:31 PM
damn straight... I don't really "know" you, but shit, if your on here, and from TX, AND your family owned the PITT GRILL, then I bet we'll get along just fine.

-A.

P.S. I'm riding a metal flake pink Honda, hope thats cool... I'm not kidding... hahaha

Poppy
08-31-2010, 6:04 AM
The do rag crowd has the Trail of Tears,
ours could be the Trail of Beers

mike1407
09-01-2010, 10:45 PM
damn straight... I don't really "know" you, but shit, if your on here, and from TX, AND your family owned the PITT GRILL, then I bet we'll get along just fine.

-A.

P.S. I'm riding a metal flake pink Honda, hope thats cool... I'm not kidding... hahaha

hell yeah thats cool, i think the lone star river run sounds the best, anybody got a good date so we can get this thing locked down? were getting closer

66triumph
09-02-2010, 6:48 AM
Poppy was going to call, and check dates, wonder if he ever found anything out? Paging Poppy... yeah, I like the "Lone Star River Run" the best too... might as well name it something good, hell this might turn into a yearly ride!

-A.

Poppy
09-02-2010, 8:14 AM
There's a hot rod show and old school biek show at Tress in Deep Ellum on Satruday.
http://theinvasioncarshow.com
2pm -8pm.They'll be live bands (as opposed to dead ones) and other stuff.
I'll be there on a chopped orange sporty.

66triumph
09-02-2010, 11:45 AM
There's a hot rod show and old school biek show at Tress in Deep Ellum on Satruday.
http://theinvasioncarshow.com
2pm -8pm.They'll be live bands (as opposed to dead ones) and other stuff.
I'll be there on a chopped orange sporty.

ever get ahold of anyone about the camp sites?

-A.

Poppy
09-02-2010, 11:56 AM
I just got off the phone, thanks for reminding me.
I assumed we were the weekend of October 15, but that doesn't affect pricing.
Tent sites in Camp Huaco Springs are $30 for ones with juice or 20 without.
We can have two bikes or one car per site, four people per site.
The most important answer?....
Wait for it.
ALCOHOL WILL BE SERVED!!!!!!!
No glass, no stereofoam, no plastic bottles smaller than 6oz.
I say we start an event page and get to it!

mike1407
09-02-2010, 3:21 PM
sounds good to me, are you saying they provide alcohol or we can have alcohol as long as its in a can or plastic bottle? also we doing this as a Friday, Saturday leave Sunday or just a Saturday deal?

Poppy
09-02-2010, 3:25 PM
Sorry. We can have alcohol as long as it's in aluminum or plastic.
I like the Friday saturday Sunday thing. If the Lords are Coming down they may want that extra day.
We could roll around on Saturday maybe cause trouble in Austin or something.
Go to Flyrite and steal choppers, eat BBQ, etc.

66triumph
09-02-2010, 4:36 PM
sounds good to me, are you saying they provide alcohol or we can have alcohol as long as its in a can or plastic bottle? also we doing this as a Friday, Saturday leave Sunday or just a Saturday deal?

yeah, free hookers, and cookies too! hahaha.... how in the fuck am I gunna fit a keg on my bike? I vote for friday ride in, sunday mid-morning ride out.

so poppy, do we need to call and reserve the sites, or is it a first come first serve sorta thing? It would suck to ride all the way down, then not have a spot.

-A.

mike1407
09-02-2010, 5:33 PM
sounds good to me, its shit like this that makes me want my bigger tank back lol

JoshuaGrimm13
09-02-2010, 8:20 PM
I can't tell you how good it made me feel to read this thread, I read through it twice. I was just bitchin to everyone you gotta hump 2000 miles to get to any cool events. 1000 just to get outta Texas, seems like. Now I don't mind the ride but damn as big as Texas is we should have a scene here. The boys and I have been looking for a run not polluted with all the bs just some good times and some good riding, so count us in. Hell I wouldn't mind making the run to dallas once a month to get together and have a beer with some like minded people for a change. I work offshore 2 on two off and I powder coat in my free time but damn sometimes you just gotta break away. The second or third week of October is perfect for me so If there is anything we can do on our end to help make this thing happen count us in. And if any of you guys are in the Victoria Area hit me up man, come by the shop and pop a beer over a bike with me.

Joshua Grimm
grimmjd@yahoo.com

66triumph
09-02-2010, 9:22 PM
check it!

http://www.chopcult.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6007

kinda took it upon myself, hope thats cool...

-A.

greenchevy94
11-05-2010, 1:48 PM
I live in Carthage...bout 2 hours east of Big D......thinkin' bout havin' a swap meet weekend in Tyler...thought that would be fairly central....any thoughts?

mike1407
11-05-2010, 3:16 PM
theres one in canton tomorrow i use to live in carthage

ThatMotorcycleShow
11-05-2010, 4:19 PM
Anybody from big D get in here, where are you. I'm in Allen.

DFW here!

greenchevy94
11-05-2010, 5:33 PM
theres one in canton tomorrow i use to live in carthage

Is it any good....and where is it?

mike1407
11-05-2010, 7:41 PM
Is it any good....and where is it?

idk going tomorrow its in canton, tx at the trades day grounds.

Woodbutcher
11-06-2010, 12:02 AM
Greenville Here wished I had found this in time.

BLuke
11-09-2010, 11:37 PM
Hey dudes, Just an FYI, I rolled out to the canton swap, before I ever saw this thread. Id heard about the swap while I was at first monday the weekend before the swap. Any way, the swap was terrible.
Very small and nothing but junk, Only cool thing I saw was an early HD springer. Theres supposed to be a bigger one comming around dallas or close by.

Poppy
11-10-2010, 9:29 AM
Texas Scooter times is putting one on. I went to the one last spring at the Longhorn, there was a lot stuff, some junk some rollers. Not huge or anywhere as good as CA
DECEMBER 5, 2010 - FT. WORTH
BIKER'S HOLIDAY EXPO AND SWAPMEET
WILL ROGERS COMPLEX

mike1407
11-10-2010, 7:31 PM
honestly anything will beat canton. there were more bicycles with weedeater engines than bike parts. o and they had some sweet soa shirts hahahahaha

CRACK
11-10-2010, 7:55 PM
im in college station

Jumpstart
11-10-2010, 8:06 PM
^
Dry Bean = awesome

66triumph
07-25-2011, 7:15 PM
I know this is an old thread, but I figured I'd let everyone know I just posted up this years info for the 2nd annual Lone Star River Run over in the events section! gunna be oct 21-23 this year!

-A.

R2D2
07-25-2011, 9:35 PM
Sweet. Hopefully my bike is done by then. If so I am there.

dillweed
07-25-2011, 9:59 PM
im in denton right now and actually east of denton in the country and i got some sweet roads to ride on next to my highschool, and yes gparrish i agree i go to trade days all the time and wish and hope to find mc parts and stuff there, i think it would be a good place to have a huge swapmeet.

Blackbetty
07-26-2011, 11:56 AM
I'm in the heart of downtown at knox/I75.

I love Dallas

Woodbutcher
07-26-2011, 6:33 PM
your right by Lucky 7 Cycles!

mhormell
03-16-2012, 8:07 PM
plano

mhormell
03-16-2012, 8:09 PM
if your in denton head down 380 go north on 377 until u hit gunter, go east on fm 121, its very easy to miss, fm121 is one of my fave roads around that area, but theres so many good ones near pilot point its redicilious haha

BIGHYDRO
03-16-2012, 8:25 PM
Ft. Worth here.

We go camping all the time at the local state parks and we smoke out and drink the entire time we are there. Never once been harassed for it.

Airhart
03-17-2012, 4:49 PM
Denton here

Revenant
03-18-2012, 12:13 PM
If you want to drink you just put it in a 'red' cup or something else you have...Fort Worth

murfe
05-14-2012, 2:01 PM
In Richardson, and always looking for new people to ride with.

Let's meet up and go.

Anyone heading to the Shed Run this weekend?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Vl4zFZurMTk/T6xX1bmA0kI/AAAAAAAASH4/WWlNlDYMu4I/s640/DSC_0164-1.jpg

BIGHYDRO
05-15-2012, 5:33 PM
I wouldn’t have to worry about people raping the cows and burning the barn down...

I'm out

Saltytonk
05-15-2012, 7:22 PM
Any of you guys going down to the Pyscho De Mayo Run this weekend? xllance and I are rideing down friday morning . Give us a shout if you want catch up with us a nd ride down.

Revelation
05-16-2012, 11:31 AM
southwest Fort Worth

Thunderhead1990
05-18-2012, 9:58 PM
southside fort worth

Revelation
05-19-2012, 9:27 PM
anybody around here any good with Mikuni carbs? i'm having an issue with mine I cant sovle and am ready to get out on the road.

brianrmcgill
05-25-2012, 12:37 AM
Me and a couple friends are in Crowley.

HarleyRider0516
06-11-2012, 11:02 AM
Me and a couple friends are in Crowley.

Don't forget me and Billy in Ft Worth Brian

Pizzile
06-13-2012, 8:48 PM
i am newly crowned frisco douchebag now all i need is a running bike!

AngryJohnny
06-18-2012, 8:49 AM
i am newly crowned frisco douchebag now all i need is a running bike!

When you get her up and running, give a shout, and I'll turn you on to some pretty decent roads up to the north & northwest of you.

Revelation
06-22-2012, 8:16 PM
What are the good slavage yards around here? all i know is mr. motorcycle and L&L in Dallas

I gotta go do some shopping tomorrow

ta2snmotorsickles
07-06-2012, 8:32 AM
What's goin' on folks. I'm in Garland. Just lookin' to see who is around me and lookin' to ride, wrench, and throw back some beer.

blackout
07-06-2012, 10:05 AM
What's goin' on folks. I'm in Garland. Just lookin' to see who is around me and lookin' to ride, wrench, and throw back some beer.

im in rowlett. what ya rideing.

ta2snmotorsickles
07-06-2012, 10:13 AM
'04 springer twinkie (as my buddy calls twin cams) chop. Where ya ride around here?

blackout
07-06-2012, 10:30 AM
'04 springer twinkie (as my buddy calls twin cams) chop. Where ya ride around here?

im normally on my side of the lake.lol but i kinda ride all over.

theheadchoppa
09-03-2012, 10:03 AM
I'm in fort worth Saginaw area build bikes out of my garage. Hope to catch y'all sometime.

AngryJohnny
09-04-2012, 4:24 PM
Hi Headchopper, welcome aboard. That is one rad looking bike! That tank is the shiznit!..did you do the engraving? A few of us are in a Facebook group, and are throwing together a little ride through the area just to the north of you (Forestburg/ Meunster area) this Sunday. You are welcome to join in if you like.

904Punk
09-04-2012, 9:31 PM
Fort Worth, riverside! We need to get some more action going on in this thread, that Austin one get's me wishing I was living down there sometimes.

Nosebleed
09-04-2012, 10:00 PM
Fort Worth, riverside! We need to get some more action going on in this thread, that Austin one get's me wishing I was living down there sometimes.

Hey, just saw your post. Hopefully y'all won't mind us Austin folk stopping in to say hi, plus, we consider AngryJohnny, Dmenace, SprungMonkey, SaltyTonk, XlLance and Black1Out (Backstreet Bucket's Scott) to be members of the "52" crew anyway, haha.

Hey, concerning your local scene, the way to grow it is to do what guys like SaltyTonk and XlLance are doing, along with others: just make plans, schedule rides/events etc. and post 'em up. I hate to quote that Kevin Costner movie, but "if you build it, they will come."

When I joined ChopCult a few years back there were plenty of people online in Central Texas but it seemed like very few of us were actually talking to each other, getting together to ride/wrench/drink beer or whatever else. I made several attempts to get people together but everyone was always "wishy washy" until there were definite, structured plans in place and then people would buy in. So, my advice is, make your plans, schedule things out at least a little bit in advance and then sell it online. Seek out the CC members in your area, send some PM's, introduce yourself to the local guys and make it happen. CC makes it easy, the internet and computers make it cheap or free and the important thing is to have some fun riding.

We hope to see some of you fellas at our upcoming events including the "Road to Ruin" and the "Official Austin Biltwell/ChopCult EDR Screening Party" in October. Check the ChopCult Event listings for details on those or PM me for details.

Billdozer, McGoo and the Biltwell/ChopCult guys are big on developing the local scenes for fellas like us in every city and town across the nation, and I'm sure that they would give the same advice, since I've seen them do it before: If it seems like there's nothing going on in your "scene", then it's time for you to plan it.

Cheers from Austin,
Nosebleed, ATX52

theheadchoppa
09-05-2012, 3:27 PM
Hey thanks angry, I did all the casting including the tank, and my good friend Otto Carter did the engraving. Everything came out pretty good with this build. 904 I'm on Riverside as well right now, fixing to move to Saginaw. We need to get guys togethor, to some riding, wrenching, helping each other out finishing builds.

shaft
09-05-2012, 7:20 PM
Hey guys, Im in town today till Sunday watching my parents dog and Im going to be bored out of my mind. Besides using the dog at local starbucks and other hip places to try and lure females into talking to me, what else can I spend my time doing in the dallas area. Im from Springfield MA so Im a long ways from home. Any cool shops that have anything to do with motorcycles, skateboarding, tattoos, beer or whatever along those lines? I figure theres got to be some neat vintage harley places or whatever. If not Ill be sitting around doing nothing until Monday when I go to Austin for a few days to find a house to rent so I can hangout and ride hopefully early october. Even if anyone wants to hangout and drink some day beers and show their chop to a bored stranger Im game. My names Ryan by the way :cheersmate:

blackout
09-05-2012, 7:36 PM
Hey guys, Im in town today till Sunday watching my parents dog and Im going to be bored out of my mind. Besides using the dog at local starbucks and other hip places to try and lure females into talking to me, what else can I spend my time doing in the dallas area. Im from Springfield MA so Im a long ways from home. Any cool shops that have anything to do with motorcycles, skateboarding, tattoos, beer or whatever along those lines? I figure theres got to be some neat vintage harley places or whatever. If not Ill be sitting around doing nothing until Monday when I go to Austin for a few days to find a house to rent so I can hangout and ride hopefully early october. Even if anyone wants to hangout and drink some day beers and show their chop to a bored stranger Im game. My names Ryan by the way :cheersmate:

Hells yea man lots of fun shit todo in Dallas deep ellem is a lot of fun. Renos is the local biker bar and plenty of tattoo shops down their. Lots of places to eat in the west end. Also theirs strokers in Dallas and a shop called the old bike shop not well known but lots of cool bikes their. Some of the local guys are planning a ride for Sunday if you could make it should be a blast.

shaft
09-05-2012, 7:46 PM
Awesome, Ill definitely have to go and check deep ellum out and dallas in general. What time is the ride Sunday? I dont have my bike but maybe ill swing through the start off point and say whatsup

blackout
09-05-2012, 8:05 PM
Awesome, Ill definitely have to go and check deep ellum out and dallas in general. What time is the ride Sunday? I dont have my bike but maybe ill swing through the start off point and say whatsup

We are meeting up I think around 12 or 1. Some of the Dallas guys are going to meet up off 35 and roll out together. I'll post up as I find shit out.

shaft
09-05-2012, 8:13 PM
sounds good to me man

JeremyResults
09-06-2012, 2:45 AM
Yo dudes, where's the starting point for the ride on Sunday? I'm comming from ATX, the misses has to work so I have the day for shreading the gnar.

RWC, lookin' out for you man, I can hang when you're in Austin on Monday. Just let me know if you wanna meet up. Hopefully we meet at that ride so you can have a famillar face in ATX.

- J

blackout
09-06-2012, 5:47 AM
http://www.mellowmushroom.com/denton#/store/index/denton
‎217 E. Hickory Street, Denton, TX 76201

were meeting at 11:30 and having lunch then hitting the back roads.

anyone is welcome to come join us.

AngryJohnny
09-06-2012, 9:56 AM

DFW has a thriving scene! Hell, I get bummed sometimes because I have to miss most of it due to time constraints, distance from the city proper and mid-cities, job, family, etc.

Some of it gets organized here on CC, some on facebook, and some is just showing up at the usual haunts and getting into the mix. There's always MC shows, or swap meets, going on, and alot of 33ers check that stuff out in small packs, and do a little bar hopping and/ or day riding along the way. There's the Lucky 7 crew in Downtown Dallas. They are a group of guys with a shop they use mainly just for their own bikes, although I think one of thenm is starting an actual bonafide Service shop for the public. Their place hosts some seriously kickass throwdowns fairly regularly & when they arent' hosting a blowout, folks trickle in to their place and just show up and hang. Like Blackout said, there's Strokers Dallas is Rick Fairless's place. He is a bike builder from the Discovery channel shows, and his place is a mc shop, bar & grill, and outdoor bar & stage with all kinds of bands, bike washes, parties, benefits, etc. There's the Olde Bike Shop, and Reno's Chop Shop.

Austin does appear to be ultra kickass with regard to the mc scene, but don't sell Big D, Funkytown, or the points in between short! We'z got it goin' on all up in here!.

http://www.strokersdallas.com/

http://www.renoschopshop.com/

http://www.theoldbikeshop.net/

http://www.texasscooter.com/

http://www.chopcult.com/Halfdeadin/classifieds/35154/

http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/mixmaster/2011/06/dfw_motorcycle_diaries_scenes.php

:cheersmate:

shaft
09-06-2012, 1:07 PM
Really interested in checking out those shops. Gonna try and say Whatsup before that ride too

CoyoteUSP
09-06-2012, 1:35 PM
Are those Lucky 7 dudes down on Main? I keep driving by with my ladyfriend and seeing a garage full of sweet bikes. Haven't stopped to poke my head in yet, but if those are the dudes I might swing and say what up

Edit: Just hit the Observer link, not the same guys. Either way...

CoyoteUSP
09-06-2012, 1:59 PM
Also, here's a SHAMELESS PLUG!

If any of you guys know somebody local looking for a good candidate to chop up, I'm getting rid of my Sporty...it's listed in the classifieds, just look under recently updated. I bought it on a whim and sorta realized it isn't the direction I want to go, could use the money for other stuff.

Now back to your regularly scheduled foruming.

AngryJohnny
09-06-2012, 3:12 PM
Are those Lucky 7 dudes down on Main? I keep driving by with my ladyfriend and seeing a garage full of sweet bikes. Haven't stopped to poke my head in yet, but if those are the dudes I might swing and say what up

You're probably thinking of The Petrol Garage in Deep Ellum. They are more your bonafide bike builders than just guys hanging out, but I think he does it on the side, and has another occupation..I may be wrong about that though. They do some pretty kickass work. I've have seen them pop up in my facebook feed now & again where they'd be cooking out at their the shop and whatnot, and invite folks to stop by. I don't know if they've done that lately.. it seem i saw that they moved locations a while back to a bigger space on Main. The owner is a fellow 33er here. The builds that I've seen photos of are just beautiful!..old school type stuff. I would imagine they wouldn't mind if you stopped in and said hello. Here's their FB page:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Petrol-Garage/148268715233025

CoyoteUSP
09-06-2012, 3:33 PM
Killer man, thanks for the link. That's definitely the spot! Just looked it up on Google maps, I may have some work for those guys, haha.

JeremyResults
09-07-2012, 12:14 AM
Sorry dudes, mistook my other halfs days off. Won't be makin' it to that ride. Have a blast and ride safe!

RWC feel free to hit me up when you're in Austin this week.

- J

shaft
09-10-2012, 6:49 PM
Hey Jeremy I'm currently in Austin on 6th street if you wanna steer me on a good direction. Just saw some cc lookin guys ride by as well

CoyoteUSP
09-14-2012, 5:14 PM
Do you gentlemen have any interest in this? Thinking maybe we could set something up at Lee Harvey's or the Amsterdam. Or both?

http://www.chopcult.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23342

thegreatwhitebison
09-24-2012, 11:02 AM
Hey all,
just moved/rode to fort worth a couple of months ago from seattle/portland, and just started posting on chop cult like a week ago, I'd love to meet some people that are down to ride and wrench and drink some beers...

I don't think anyone's mentioned it in this thread yet but i noticed that road to ruin is coming up really soon:
http://www.chopcult.com/event.php?event_id=480

maybe this would be a good place to hammer out details for a group (or groups) of dfw riders to head down?

I'm thinking of heading down on friday if I can get some people to ride down with me, or saturday as that might be better for people with working stiff hours...

should be a real good time.

dmenace78
09-25-2012, 11:09 PM
road to ruin should be a real good time.

I'm seriously considering taking that ride.

thegreatwhitebison
09-29-2012, 2:02 PM
I'm seriously considering taking that ride.

yeah man, I did portland, OR to pittsburgh, PA to Fort Worth solo for five weeks, probably the best time of my life. just camping out and riding the scoot.

Cupmonkey
07-20-2013, 10:28 PM
Hey guys, im out in Terrell. Should be about done with my sporty sometime this week. Hopefully I get to meet some of yall

Cupmonkey
11-15-2013, 6:11 PM
Anyone going to cycle daze in Irving?

904Punk
11-18-2013, 5:10 PM
Well damn, I didn't even know what it was until just now or I'd have gone...

GlennB
11-20-2013, 1:58 PM
I'm in longview about 2 hours away. Need to ride up and meet some other 33ers.

Nosebleed
03-19-2014, 7:14 AM
http://www.chopcult.com/uploads_user/4000/3433/89038.jpg

www.ridepmr.com

Okiecockfighter
03-22-2014, 6:46 PM
Swap meet Tommorrow March 23rd ft worth coyote drive in theatre ... I'm will have a 16ft trailer of $10 any part free beer with purchase ... Also bringin 4 rigid frames and a swinger ... And some more stuff ... See ya there check out texasscootertimes.com if u need details

Haze
05-14-2014, 3:40 PM
This site keeps a pretty good list of events going on in DFW.. and you can add yours if you send them a flyer.

http://sudsandbutterfly.homestead.com/Events.html

Okiecockfighter
05-19-2014, 9:45 AM
Just got off the phone with foot ... Arlington summer indoor motorcycle swap meet is July 20th ... Help spread the word and mark ur calendars .... The Oklahoma boys will be there !!