PDA

View Full Version : monobloc question

steffan
07-30-2010, 9:37 AM
my 441 has a real inconsistant idle. i get it all tuned up and running bitchin then i go and ride it and my idle is way off (really low and like its loading up) from where i put it. i lean it over onto the kick stand and it changes(idles up really high). im thinking my float or inlet needle. my inlet needle is all plastic. are mono block needles plastic? it looks out of place and it seems to be sticking. its working as far as shutting off fuel but im thinking its causing my inconsistant idle.

its not the cable pulling on the slide.

my other though would be the auto advance but that wouldnt effect it when i put it on the kickstand.

any ideas?
can someone post a pic of a monoblock inlet needle?
if no one has a pic ill take the one out of my carb and post a pic and yall can see what i got.

KT
07-30-2010, 1:41 PM
dunno if this helps ya any but here is a diagram and list of parts ...

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h1/Morel_Monkey/monobloc.jpg
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h1/Morel_Monkey/monobloclist.jpg

steffan
07-30-2010, 2:24 PM
i got the parts drawing. thanks anyway. im just not sure if i have the right needle or not.

fozz
07-30-2010, 2:55 PM
on side stand only , check your float level , try lowering

steffan
07-30-2010, 5:04 PM
the float doesnt look adjustable. thats why im thinking it has the wrong needle.

ClassicCycles
07-30-2010, 5:47 PM
that is how a carb with a worn out slide will idle, check it by holding the throttle at about 1/2 open then stick you finger under the slide and see if it wobbles back and forth, is it does then save you money up and buy a new Amal carb.

steffan
08-06-2010, 9:29 AM
i checked out the slide like you said and its loose as hell. i knew it was worn but not that worn. where the best place to get a new carb? the numbers on the carb are T66L and 389/235

i dont see this carb on lowbrow.

TheLakewoodKid2
08-06-2010, 10:21 AM
I have a lot of good used 389's if your interested

steffan
08-06-2010, 6:26 PM
are they new or damn near new? shoot me a price if so.

shuswapkev
09-25-2010, 2:34 AM
if you have a mono... when you lean the bike ove...sidestand... the float level ...is no longer "level"... it floods...

idle changes... and may get a fair bit of black smoke...

thats why...after 15 or 20 years... whoever was in charge that day... decided to start shipping the bikes out with concentrics... but not before they engineered in a whole bunch of new problems to see if we could work those out...

shuswapkev
09-25-2010, 2:37 AM
the needles are different lengths... and i have also spent a bunch of hours before i worked out...that i had the wrong needle... but nothing feels better that when you finally get that right part.... feels way better than if you had it all right in the first place

you can google up most of that info as it is very model specific...

shuswapkev
09-25-2010, 2:39 AM
the one thing you do need is the little fiber ring that goes under the jet block...
without that ...it will always run rich...think its about 12 thou...