PDA

View Full Version : $3000 pan head?

Fredo
07-29-2010, 1:36 PM
I'm going to be real pissed if this isnt a typo and I missed out cuz I cant reply to CL adds from work..
if you buy it you owe me big time.

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/mcy/1870160915.html

olboots
07-29-2010, 1:37 PM
fuck me! San Deigo? where in the world is Carmen San Deigo?

mcdowell72
07-29-2010, 1:43 PM
i'm calling spam on this one.

primer
07-29-2010, 1:56 PM
I'm going to be real pissed if this isnt a typo and I missed out cuz I cant reply to CL adds from work..
if you buy it you owe me big time.

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/mcy/1870160915.html

I e-mailed this person about price,go on CC and your asking the same thing.
It's gonna a race to the finish,my son's in Long Beach cash in hand

JerseyAl
07-29-2010, 2:01 PM
I wouldn't doubt it. I missed a 58 pan by 3 hours. I got word a woman was selling it for $2500.00. I her immediately to see if it was bullshit. It seems her husband died and she was selling all his stuff. The pan was chopped out but he still had all the original tins. She told me a guy knocked on her door at 7:30 in the morning, asked if she had the pan for sale. she said yes you wanna see it? he said nope and handed her $2500.00 took it and left. I hung up the phone and silently wept for over an hour....

atomic1
07-29-2010, 2:09 PM
Same post is in Chicago and Milwaukee CL.

Fredo
07-29-2010, 2:11 PM
I think it's in New hamp....
At least thats where the tittle is from.. who knows. It will probably end being one of those
deals of a life time.

buscemi
07-29-2010, 2:18 PM
same exact ad also in austin and sacramento. scammity scam-scam.

JASONLOGGINS
07-29-2010, 2:47 PM
SPAM, it is listed near me as well!

deadbird
07-29-2010, 2:59 PM
You know what they say, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

A quick search on "Crazed List" for postings in major cities turns up the same ad in San Diego, San Francisco, Chicago, Indy, New Orleans, etc. Hey, in Boston it's listed as being in "Immaculant" condition. I'm callin' BS. Oh well, a guy can dream, right?

BullyGuns
07-29-2010, 3:12 PM
A buddy called me and said he was at a friend's house nd the guy was selling a 58 for 1500. No, that's not a typo. Asked did I want it. I had just closed on my house and was getting ready to quit my job in NYC to be closer to home in NJ. I said no. He picked it up. I have been solidly kicking myself in the ass on a daily basis. Rather firmly, I might add.

C

primer
07-29-2010, 3:56 PM
A friend of mine passed on a 57,motor,tranny with belt drive,little dinged up wide glide in an unmolested wishbone rigid and bob tanks with Harley title for 3 grand,said he didn't want to
mess with finding wheels and misc parts,this was two weeks ago,he changed his mind
went back to the dude and of course it's long gone,so he kicks out 10 g's for a 61swingarm.
Said he just had to have a Pan.

hugodv01
07-29-2010, 7:25 PM
This is the reply i got....

Hello,

This 1959 Harley Davidson with 9,000 miles, runs and drives excellent.The bike is already at our Military Logistic Department form Fort Belvoir, U.S. Army base near Bethesda, MD. This bike has been extremely well maintained with a full service history. Free of any liens or loans. This bike is in excellent working conditions, no scratches, flaws or any kind of damage, slightly used in 100% working and looking conditions.I bought it when i was serving in Fort Belvoir, U.S. Army base near Bethesda, MD and now I am in Espaņa.I have dropped my price to $2,975.00 USD (purchase price) since this is an Urgent Sale! and I need to sell it before 8 August, when I will be deployed in Iraq with my platoon replacing the troops scheduled to come home. If you're interested to conclude this purchase in a timely manner email me your; Full Name and Shipping Address to open a case with eBay they will contact you to explain the entire procedure. The financial part will be managed by them, which means that you will have a 15 days inspection period before committing to buy the bike. In this way both, buyer and seller are 100% covered during the steps of this transaction.I will take in consideration only those buyers who are really interested in buying the bike ,to be sure that I don't waste my time with endless discussions. This way, I shall be assured of the serious intentions. So if you are interested please e-mail me back for more details about the transaction.Here you can find more pictures with the bike: http://1959harleydavidson.myphotoalbum.com/slideshow.php?set_albumName=album01

1959 Harley Davidson FL Panhead Knucklehead
Mileage: 9,000 miles
Title: Clear
Engine size (cc): 1300
Type: Cruiser
Exterior color: Blue

Hope to hear from you soon,
Corporal Bruce L Smith

krakerbill
07-29-2010, 8:47 PM
always remember, there is no such thing as a once in a lifetime deal. the same type of deal will come along sooner or later. and with the people on this site, u stand a better chance of running into that deal sooner. Peace Fukers

Zooligan
07-30-2010, 8:23 AM
That's the classic scam. Bike is in A, I am in B, blah blah blah. Use an escrow service, etc, etc. It's BS.

Chase it if you want though, and let us know how it turns out.

NHMike
07-30-2010, 10:04 AM
There was an ad in the NH CL a couple months ago for a Flattie for 2500 bones. I e-mailed 10 minutes after it was listed (knowing it was complete BS) saying I'd take it, gimme your number, address, yaddayaddayadda, never heard back, hahahaha. Fucking spammers

CRFyou
07-30-2010, 10:32 AM
This is the reply i got....

Hello,

This 1959 Harley Davidson with 9,000 miles, runs and drives excellent.The bike is already at our Military Logistic Department form Fort Belvoir, U.S. Army base near Bethesda, MD. This bike has been extremely well maintained with a full service history. Free of any liens or loans. This bike is in excellent working conditions, no scratches, flaws or any kind of damage, slightly used in 100% working and looking conditions.I bought it when i was serving in Fort Belvoir, U.S. Army base near Bethesda, MD and now I am in Espaņa.I have dropped my price to $2,975.00 USD (purchase price) since this is an Urgent Sale! and I need to sell it before 8 August, when I will be deployed in Iraq with my platoon replacing the troops scheduled to come home. If you're interested to conclude this purchase in a timely manner email me your; Full Name and Shipping Address to open a case with eBay they will contact you to explain the entire procedure. The financial part will be managed by them, which means that you will have a 15 days inspection period before committing to buy the bike. In this way both, buyer and seller are 100% covered during the steps of this transaction.I will take in consideration only those buyers who are really interested in buying the bike ,to be sure that I don't waste my time with endless discussions. This way, I shall be assured of the serious intentions. So if you are interested please e-mail me back for more details about the transaction.Here you can find more pictures with the bike: http://1959harleydavidson.myphotoalbum.com/slideshow.php?set_albumName=album01

1959 Harley Davidson FL Panhead Knucklehead
Mileage: 9,000 miles
Title: Clear
Engine size (cc): 1300
Type: Cruiser
Exterior color: Blue

Hope to hear from you soon,
Corporal Bruce L Smith

Wow he speaks just like a country corporal in the army. amazing. this thing is legit guize!

triumphtr6
07-30-2010, 10:36 AM
Just replied to the Chicago ad before i came on here and read all this. To good to be true, i knew it!!!!

primer
07-30-2010, 11:08 AM
I got the same word for word reply yesterday also,I e-mailed back again saying I have a doubt
about the add,have yet to get a response.But if it's real what a score.

ARBY
07-30-2010, 11:09 AM
It's flagged. One look at the pic should have blown out any possibility of it being real.

jcaslin
09-16-2010, 7:04 PM
Does anyone know what ever happened with this bike? was this guy really scamming someone?

jcaslin
09-16-2010, 10:09 PM
Does anyone know what happened with this bike? Was it really a scam or what?