PDA

View Full Version : scored at the long beach swap today

EnglandStGarage
07-25-2010, 9:54 PM
found this 21" chopper stopper mini drum wheel attached to a super crappy and dirty front end. it was covered in surface rust and dirt. literally it looked like the wheel was buried or something. i borrowed some tools from the guys and pulled the wheel off. after a little elbow grease it looks new. these are like $325 new, i scored it for 40 bucks!!

im shortening the springer and replacing the twisted with round legs. check out the square springs!

pineapplepower
07-25-2010, 9:58 PM
nice score! makes me so j

CRFyou
07-25-2010, 10:11 PM
i need to keep my swap game tight!

that's a butter score!

imtheslime
07-25-2010, 10:20 PM
Those springs are cool. Your sportster is going to look good man. Post up some photos when you get that shortened up.

Boston
07-25-2010, 10:25 PM
Damn....WHAT A SCORE!!!!!!!

Those happen very rarely....lucky man!!!!!

Boston

SoulCal1
07-25-2010, 10:27 PM
Man, I love the LB swap meet. That's what it is all about. Nice score!

willythepirate
07-25-2010, 10:46 PM
Any other good shit out there?

EnglandStGarage
07-25-2010, 11:00 PM
Any other good shit out there?

depends on what your looking for. sometimes i go looking for something in particular and i get skunked but theres always hundred other things that catch my eye. this time i went looking for a wheel and found a wheel. it was glorious. i try to go every month all my friends were hungover and didn't wanna go so i rolled solo. glad i did.

24Cycles
07-26-2010, 12:37 AM
Awesome stuff cant believe it has guts..... In the 70's I think it was a trend to run dirt bike wheels up front. I have has a slue of 70's period extended front end bikes with dirt tires on them. The bikes were built mid to late 70's and probably parked since the 80's.
I was going to go up top LBC but my neck had other plans for me like being bed ridden all morning. Now get the front end you got off me on your scooter! Its going to be a envy machine Im telling ya!

Allen
07-26-2010, 3:30 PM
I had trouble once again finding actual bike parts there.
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4093/4828337411_d5580b950f.jpg
I guess it's because you bought it all up before I arrived.
(jk)
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4139/4830395263_974b972400.jpg
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4115/4828914280_272ce1cf4b.jpg
There's that beard.
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4122/4830414893_317061fe39.jpg
Why Saddle Up? Get a Woody.

EnglandStGarage
07-26-2010, 4:08 PM
hahaha that seat is out there. since you put that one up this has got to be up there too.

greenlight23
07-26-2010, 8:10 PM
I like the wheel.I got a 18" with the same brake set up.I cant get the brake to work.

ARBY
07-26-2010, 8:10 PM
[
.....im shortening the springer and replacing the twisted with round legs. check out the square springs![/SIZE]

Oooh, don't gaff up that springer. That's a genuine chopper relic. If you don't like the length or the twisted legs then it's obviously not the item you want. Sell it off or trade it for something more in tune with your needs. No disrespect, I'm just sayin'. History is getting harder to find. Gotta be somebody out there that wants it just like it is. If I had the money I'd give what ya need for one you really want. Very nice mini drum too. I'm havin' flashbacks maaaan!!

EnglandStGarage
07-28-2010, 2:30 PM
Oooh, don't gaff up that springer. That's a genuine chopper relic. If you don't like the length or the twisted legs then it's obviously not the item you want. Sell it off or trade it for something more in tune with your needs. No disrespect, I'm just sayin'. History is getting harder to find. Gotta be somebody out there that wants it just like it is. If I had the money I'd give what ya need for one you really want. Very nice mini drum too. I'm havin' flashbacks maaaan!!

yeeep, knew i was gonna hear this. but i looked and looked for months for something perfect and couldn't find it. also, im broke and had to sell my front end to make enough money for a new one. so i obviously don't have the scratch to have one built. my bike has been down the whole time and its killing me. sometimes to get exactly what you want in life you just gotta commit chopper blasphemy.

24Cycles
07-30-2010, 2:24 AM
yeeep, knew i was gonna hear this. but i looked and looked for months for something perfect and couldn't find it. also, im broke and had to sell my front end to make enough money for a new one. so i obviously don't have the scratch to have one built. my bike has been down the whole time and its killing me. sometimes to get exactly what you want in life you just gotta commit chopper blasphemy.

I sold you the exquisite extra long narrow springer and I say cut her up. You can cut it up and do a good job welding it back together and post it in a few months everyone will want it because it will actually be usable. It needs to be shorter any way.

24Cycles
07-30-2010, 2:30 AM
If your going round tube up front try to save as much of the twists as possible. Those legs could be made into a sweet sissy bar.

ARBY
07-30-2010, 5:53 AM
I sold you the exquisite extra long narrow springer and I say cut her up. You can cut it up and do a good job welding it back together and post it in a few months everyone will want it because it will actually be usable. It needs to be shorter any way.

Idunno know about that!
http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/9e8b55cd93.jpg (http://www.freeimagehosting.net/)

ARBY
07-30-2010, 6:02 AM

I understand. Just offer up a libation to the chopper gods and that should save yer soul !!! LOL
G'luck with the project.

24Cycles
07-30-2010, 6:15 AM
I had them for sale for a good while on the cheap with plenty of interest but everyone wanted -2 to +7. Those are +12 or 14. Im all for not chopping something up if someone wants them but to let a set of forks sit for years waiting for the perfect owner just isnt reasonable with every fork and yes they were a good 7 out of 10 looking fork they were not the holly grail so I am glad they will make it back on the road.
Rather see it in use like they were intended then to be sitting waiting to roll down the road. ARBY the picture is awesome but most builders from my calls on the springer passed because they were to long. I was not asking even close to what they should have sold for and they still didnt sell. EnglandStGarage got a smoking deal on them.

LiPcHiTs65
07-30-2010, 8:11 AM
im shortening the springer and replacing the twisted with round legs. check out the square springs![/SIZE][/QUOTE]

hay bro iv got a d.n.d cycle 12in over springer front end with a crack! it is preventing me from riding! so if you would wont to trade let me no. other Thain the crack right under the triple tree it is a beautiful vintage front end. and if you were gonna cut it and make it shorter this would be perfect for you! it is the front end on the orange xlch in my pic. hit me up bro you would not be disappointed!!

LiPcHiTs65
07-30-2010, 8:12 AM
o ya it is not a twisted front end nether!!

EnglandStGarage
08-01-2010, 12:48 PM
thanks dude but its too late! i wish i knew that before hand but oh well im a happy camper.

the only other springer i had was an early original denver springer and i wasn't about to chop that thing.
http://i347.photobucket.com/albums/p450/jpowermoto/P1010958.jpg

http://i347.photobucket.com/albums/p450/jpowermoto/P1010981.jpg
depending on how bad i scrape i might flip the rockers over. shes pretty damn low. ill see what i can get away with.
http://i347.photobucket.com/albums/p450/jpowermoto/P1010987.jpg

playing with the idea of running dual headlights. what do ya think?? that front end narrowed the bike up nicely.
http://i347.photobucket.com/albums/p450/jpowermoto/P1010984.jpg

fastestz1
08-01-2010, 12:59 PM
why hide that sweet springer behind sum head lites?

LiPcHiTs65
08-01-2010, 2:00 PM
Ditch the head light.. And are you interested in selling the Denver chopper front end? if so is it 12 over? and how much.

24Cycles
08-01-2010, 2:04 PM
That came out awesome! I think you need to put a 4.75" single headlight on that and show off the legs!
My bike sits 4.5" on the front of the frame and 4" in the back off the ground. I have to watch the left turns because my side stand clinks on the ground and those refectors on the freeway get tagged to but I dont mind it. Most my buddies on the other hand think I have a death wish.
I didnt want to be debbie downer with them but we are all born with a death wish lol

primer
08-02-2010, 7:08 AM
To much glass for that narrow springer

ARBY
08-02-2010, 7:17 AM
Nice double light. That's a genuine "back-in-the-day" mod.

EnglandStGarage
08-02-2010, 2:11 PM
thanks for the input guys, i was thinking about going dual headlamp. but the lamps i have are definitely too big. if i can find some nice looking small rectangle lights maybe with amber lenses i think it would look kinda cool. until then ill just be running one of those.

unfortunately i cant sell that springer, its going to my roommates 67 tr6 chopper. that should be a really cool bike when were done with it too.

im just waiting for my buddy who is a machinist to finish up some parts for me. then i got to get my brake lever and cable and new brake pads and im back on the road. cant wait to see how this thing rides.

Tito
08-02-2010, 2:30 PM
For dual amber rectangular lights, look up cibie on ebay. Real classy. I just sold a set on there last night. I've got a set of Auteroche lights on there now, but they are a little bigger than the cibies. (usually used on rally and little import cars and offroad jobs for fog & running lights)