PDA

View Full Version : OT: need car help quick

REV
07-23-2010, 3:23 PM
so as i was pulling in to my apartment just now i heard something pop and make a whizzzzzzz sound. car was dead, not running. tried restarting it, turns over but nothing. i checked the radiator, and all the fluid was in the overflow tank (which was leaking) and none in the radiator. i refilled it, but still no starting. the radiator had been repaired before i got it and held fluid fine, as it did before i left to run errands.

cars a 91 crx 5 speed. few modifications but nothing too major. help?

KrOwN
07-23-2010, 4:11 PM
head gasket, did you overflow build alot of pressure?? was it smoking?

leaking any fluid around the base of the head?

ive raced alot of 4G civics and crxs and built alot of motors, ill be able to help you no problem just need more info

if not
can u hear the fuel pump prime??
MAIN RELAYS go bad quick and control your fuel pump and other shit if your fuel pump is not priming then its gonna be ur main relay and i can show u how to repair it

REV
07-23-2010, 4:45 PM
i just went thru all the fuses and replaced the fusable link to the ignition. no avail.

only place water was coming from was the overflow tank. didnt notice any smoking, and it wont start now to see.

couldnt tell you about the rest. ill pm ya

REV
07-23-2010, 5:08 PM
nevermind. belt took a shit. fuck

SMChewy
07-23-2010, 5:08 PM
Along the fuel rail there is a small valve stem in the fuel line feedin the injectors. Pull the cap off it is still there and it should look just like a schrader valve for a tire. Turn the key on let it go through it's little light dance on your gauge cluster. Then take a key or a screwdriver and push in the center of the valve like you were letting air out of a tire. Some fuel should spray. If not, fuel pump isn't sending fuel or fuel filter is completely clogged. It sounds like this is what Krown was gettin at. The coolant issue can some times be as simple as a cap, or thermostat. But it doesn't sound like this is your problem.

SMChewy
07-23-2010, 5:09 PM

Ahhh. That'll do it!

beanhead78
07-23-2010, 5:20 PM

then what the fuck did you bother us for? well, somebodys gotta be an asshole. samething happend to my truck . just so happend that the belt cost about 35 bucks. called someone to pick me up cause i didnt wanna overheat and cause mre problems. put the new belt on. smoke, screech, then some other fucked up noises. had a bad tension pully. so i had to buy 2 belts and luckily i was a block away from a junkyard that my dad is homeboys with the owner

djturnz
07-24-2010, 9:39 AM
I had a $13 thermostat fail and take out my $300 radiator once. That'll piss you off.

Nicko
07-24-2010, 10:12 AM
You mean the timing belt broke?? Is that a contact motor (valve to piston)? I don't know imports much, curious.

MIKE47
07-24-2010, 10:33 AM
Don't think the honda was a interferance engine. I think if you were in the high rpms it could bend valves but I thought back then they were ok. Turn it over slowly when lining it back up and do a comp. test when you get the belt on before you go any further. I do remember the timing marks can be funny when reassembling so def. start it before you put it all together. I think the crank marks were a hair off and you can easily get it one tooth off. It will sound like shit. You'll know if it's wrong. Oh, get out a really strong impact gun for the crank bolt. It's a regular l/h thread but tight as all hell.

Twinkies
07-24-2010, 2:16 PM
These are interference motors...assuming stock 1.5 or 1.6 sohc. The good news is low speed belt breaks usually don't do much damage. You'll want to replace belt tensioner and water pump when doing the t belt. Must compression test after it's back together. It's about a 4hr job. Make sure to turn the motor over by hand a few times and recheck timing. Crank bolt can be a bitch, pm me if you get stuck on anything....

MIKE47
07-25-2010, 7:13 PM
I am thinking my comment on not bending valves to be incorrect. I think what I remember was if you get the belt a tooth off during replacement then it won't bend the valves. I have done a few but all maint. jobs. Not broken belts.

Rudehog
07-25-2010, 7:18 PM
Pop the valve cover off and check for loose rockers hence bent valves.........